• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2012

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The minigolf game is from Shin'en? I love them!
Yes, and it also should have a teaser on the eShop right now. Well, at lest on the DE store.

So, erm, NA GAF: your impressions from Colors! 3D will be most welcome next week! *wink wink* Swap Note.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yes, and it also should have a teaser on the eShop right now. Well, at lest on the DE store.

So, erm, NA GAF: your impressions from Colors! 3D will be most welcome next week! *wink wink* Swap Note.

Colors! 3D is only coming in April.

NeoRausch

The minigolf game is from Shin'en? I love them!

bought the first one for Wii. It was... ok. well it was pretty good but rather short. as i read, they wanted it to be more like a party game.... didn't work out sooo well. played it once with friends thats it.

but this one is 100% single player centric, has waaaaaay more content and is almost cost half the price.

I'm in!
3AQmK.gif

just the strange, "off bound yellow circle is.... annoying! dunno why they kept it for this version.

Following the positive reception from when I asked about it earlier I downloaded Castlevania the adventure rebirth, I just finished it an hour ago, it's a very solid game though being forced to go through it all in one sitting isn't a good idea at all, I get that it's more retro that way but considering you can just die and continue repeatedly anyway it seems kind of silly.
And screw Dracula's final form, he basically just floods the screen with as much shit as possible and hopes that you get overwhelmed.
Still a fun game though except the maze style section in stage 4.

And I impulse downloaded Super Mario World because I need to play it again and I can't be bothered to set the SNES up, it's still so damn good, anyway i'm ready now for Mega Man X with pre prepared points.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Following the positive reception from when I asked about it earlier I downloaded Castlevania the adventure rebirth, I just finished it an hour ago, it's a very solid game though being forced to go through it all in one sitting isn't a good idea at all, I get that it's more retro that way but considering you can just die and continue repeatedly anyway it seems kind of silly.

There's a secret stage select cheat thing - if you hold left (or right, I forget) while on the "Game Start" option or whatever it's called on the main menu, it'll bring up a level select that lets you choose from any level you've previously completed on that difficulty setting.

@MUWANdo

Banned
GG Shinobi is supposed to be pretty good, right? What about Dragon Crystal?

Yeah, GG Shinobi is pretty good - very Revenge of Shinobi, with some Megaman in there too, and some of the best tunes on Game Gear/Master System.

Dragon Crystal is a very simple, very easy roguelike (the precursor to Fatal Labyrinth on Mega Drive). Nothing special, but I can't imagine it'll have much competition for a while.

NeoRausch

They're charging $5 for Triple Trouble? Seriously?
Harsh, isn't it? Looks like nintendo learn from their overpricing days for virtual console on wii...

..and let us pay the same for smaller games on 3DS

GET YA WALLETS READY FOR WII U!

no really, VC is overpriced. 3 bucks a pop would be ok.

There's a secret stage select cheat thing - if you hold left (or right, I forget) while on the "Game Start" option or whatever it's called on the main menu, it'll bring up a level select that lets you choose from any level you've previously completed on that difficulty setting.

Well that's useful to know for any future replays, thanks. Though I guess this raises the point once again, why not just let you save/quicksave? guess it doesn't really matter now anyway.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Looks like Sonic Labyrinth and the absolutely horrendous Sonic Blast are coming to the 3DS VC soon, too.

Y'know, I figured that Sega leading with Triple Trouble rather than the original GG game was a sign that they were just gonna skip over releasing the really bad GG Sonic games as part of their recent brand preservation strategy or whatever... guess I was wrong.

That being said, I really don't think Labyrinth is that bad. Not as bad as Blast, anyway.

NeoRausch

I still wonder what the game gonna look like with all filters turned off.
just played them on the original hardware, never on emulator.

sonic or shinobi? Can't decide!

Looks like they're just going with 'pure' GG only Sonics for now? Seems that way skipping straight to the handheld ones.

Better not stop us from getting the Wonder Boy games then! :mad:

I want moar!

Kind of a shame that they're not putting up the games with Master System versions (Sonic 1, 2 & Chaos)

That does make me wonder if Master System games will eventually come to VC, though.

Luigiv

I'm Surprised Konami hasn't released Ghost Babel on the VC in order build buzz for MGS3D. A real missed opportunity if you ask me./Probably-beating-a-dead-horse-at-this-stage

qq more

Yeah I really wanted Ghost Babel. Heard it was pretty good.

Although I had urges to buy a physical copy since I love collecting games... I wonder how much a complete copy goes for.

Epcott

I'd rather play a 3D classic of the arcade versions of Super Punch-Out!! or Punch-Out!! instead of the NES game.

Guess I'll be getting Triple Trouble... not a fan of GG Shinobi (again, arcade version preferred).

Thores

The only Game Gear game I really want is Tails Adventure. I already own it via Sonic Gems Collection, but I would totally dish out another $4-5 to have it on a handheld.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Don't sweat it.

GG Shinobi is closest to Revenge of Shinobi in terms of visuals and style, but with a twist: you can play the stages in any order, and once you beat a stage you unlock a different-coloured ninja with unique abilities. It's all very Megaman-y.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
How's Triple Trouble, is it a pure and original Sonic platformer? How does it stack up compared to the MD games?
I'm one of the few people on earth who prefers Sonic 1+2 to Sonic 3. I'm not even entirely sure I've ever played Sonic3+Knuckles tho, I can't remember :O

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Less interested in rebuying Game Gear games than I am some Game Boy titles, but I'm happy they're expanding the 'Virtual Console' eShop library.

I'm not really interested in any of those Game Gear games tbh, the pathetically small viewing is a huge turnoff to me. I wish they'd get some Turbo games up on the eshop like Iwata promised last year.

@MUWANdo

Banned
How's Triple Trouble, is it a pure and original Sonic platformer? How does it stack up compared to the MD games?

None of the 8-bit Sonic games can really compare to the Mega Drive games, but Triple Trouble comes the closest to capturing the feel of a "real" Sonic game.

Javier

I'm not really interested in any of those Game Gear games tbh, the pathetically small viewing is a huge turnoff to me. I wish they'd get some Turbo games up on the eshop like Iwata promised last year.
Who knows what happened to that with the whole Konami-buying-Hudson situation.

mclem

Yeah, GG Shinobi is pretty good - very Revenge of Shinobi, with some Megaman in there too, and some of the best tunes on Game Gear/Master System.

While that's true, it's probably fair to warn about the final level, which will take you by surprise, and *may* put you off the game.

It's a big maze. Mapping - or a good memory - will help, else you may go around in circles.

Dave Long

Banned

Dragon Crystal is a very simple, very easy roguelike (the precursor to Fatal Labyrinth on Mega Drive). Nothing special, but I can't imagine it'll have much competition for a while.
Whoa! Precursor to Fatal Labyrinth says a lot! I really dig that game, and only really came upon it thanks to the Sonic's Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection. Dunno why I hadn't played it before that, but it really impressed me!

I guess I'll have to check out Dragon Crystal! GG Shinobi is an easy purchase IMO. The only thing keeping me from getting them would be getting the original Game Gear games locally as I know someplace that may have them in stock.

I would buy Castlevania Adventure.

I'm definitely getting Punch-Out!! this week. I have never played a GameGear outside of a store demo unit, but chances are I'll end up getting all 3 of those, just out of curiosity. It should be interesting.

Still waiting for Wario Land 3.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• DOPA Mix (G-mode | ¥600) Upcoming (03/14)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Top Bottom