• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

serplux

So this is coming to the eShop by way of Circle Entertainment (along with Swords and Soldiers and the like)

http://www.ign.com/games/puzzlecraft/android-134352

Anyone played it? It seemed to review pretty well.

Wait a minute, this is what Puzzle Craft is? I can't say that I've played it before, but I like Circle's style. Their in-house games aren't always the best, but they do pretty good porting jobs and meet publishing deadlines.

Javier

So, anyone with a Japanese 3DS has tried this game out?

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/mnd/

"Kyukosha no Shojo" ("The Girl from the Old School Building") is a puzzle/visual novel, which apparently is quite good, as it already seems to have a sequel. I'd love to see it localized but no one seems to have picked it up.

cacildo

That's a nice price for Kerploosh.

Got it already.

Its... ahm... its ok, it seems. Only tried two levels. Its exactly what the trailer shows.

Got RE Mercenaries too. Very good, but the zombies/ganados animation get pretty bizarre when they´re far away. Is that normal?

may get nano assault.

gotta wait till the 20th for castlevania and Lugi's as wanna play on my XL so gonna download japanese versions.

Need a new game so tempted to get nano on pal 3DS.

rjc571

Banned
Kerspllosh is tons of fun, I love replaying the levels to improve my times. I just wish the 3DS's circle pad wasn't so janky.

How do I unlock different stones? Do I have to beat levels under a certain time, or do I just have to finish more levels? Or do I have to play levels with both of the stones that they give you at the start? (I've only used the first one so far.)

womp

How much is Nano Assault? Because it was rotting on the local TRU video game discount racks for $14.99 for the past year around here.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Kerspllosh is tons of fun, I love replaying the levels to improve my times. I just wish the 3DS's circle pad wasn't so janky.

How do I unlock different stones? Do I have to beat levels under a certain time, or do I just have to finish more levels? Or do I have to play levels with both of the stones that they give you at the start? (I've only used the first one so far.)

I'm not too sure. I played up to well 8 and unlocked the iron ball, jewel, matryoshka doll, plate, wooden fish, and watermelon. I've finished levels at least once with the stone, rubber ball, iron ball, jewel, and wooden fish, for what that's worth. The level I finished with the jewel got me the wooden fish and the plate, so I'm not sure what combination of stuff was responsible. Could've been the time, the level, choice of item, finishing with 1 hp...hard to say :/

Edit: just got the mutagen for finishing all the wells. So just one unaccounted for.

dtekdahl00

Neo Member
I've just purchased Nano Assault EX and can't say that I'm too impressed. Although the graphics are nice, the ship doesn't control nearly as well as the Arwing in Starfox 64 3D. Granted, I'm only logged about a half hour of game time, but the first impression hasn't been great. I think I probably should have gone for Mercenaries.

I've just purchased Nano Assault EX and can't say that I'm too impressed. Although the graphics are nice, the ship doesn't control nearly as well as the Arwing in Starfox 64 3D. Granted, I'm only logged about a half hour of game time, but the first impression hasn't been great. I think I probably should have gone for Mercenaries.
Just curious, have you played Neo (Wii U) or the cart-based Nano Assault?

Doczu

Ok, when i was a kid i really wanted to play River King on my gameboy, but never had the chance. so does the game hold up after all these years? i like the looks of it (nice gbc graphics), but how is the gameplay? typical light rpg game? how long to beat it?

tl;dr - worth the price?

Next page bump.

WhyMe6

Ok, when i was a kid i really wanted to play River King on my gameboy, but never had the chance. so does the game hold up after all these years? i like the looks of it (nice gbc graphics), but how is the gameplay? typical light rpg game? how long to beat it?

tl;dr - worth the price?

I downloaded it this morning and have played a single hour of it so far. So, I have no prior history with the game, but I can tell you that I purchased the DS one a few years ago and returned it instantly. This version? I'm hooked. I think it's wonderful.

Read the manual first, or look up the lone FAQ on GameFAQs - it seems to give excellent advice to assist with the game's ambiguity in terms of tackle. I'm also finding it incredibly difficult - I've caught only two fish so far with the rest ditching and taking my bait almost instantly. Still, it's a learning process and I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've played.

There's plenty of levels
four, plus a secret one apparently
but it seems pretty grindy - not a problem if you enjoy the game - in order to succeed and 100%. I'd say it'd be pretty damn long. And yes, it's a typical RPG lite game, and totally wonderful.

Buy it for sure!

Chopper

I downloaded it this morning and have played a single hour of it so far. So, I have no prior history with the game, but I can tell you that I purchased the DS one a few years ago and returned it instantly. This version? I'm hooked. I think it's wonderful.

Read the manual first, or look up the lone FAQ on GameFAQs - it seems to give excellent advice to assist with the game's ambiguity in terms of tackle. I'm also finding it incredibly difficult - I've caught only two fish so far with the rest ditching and taking my bait almost instantly. Still, it's a learning process and I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've played.

There's plenty of levels
four, plus a secret one apparently
but it seems pretty grindy - not a problem if you enjoy the game - in order to succeed and 100%. I'd say it'd be pretty damn long. And yes, it's a typical RPG lite game, and totally wonderful.

Buy it for sure!
I still haven't caught a fish. :/

Ridley327

Got it already.

Its... ahm... its ok, it seems. Only tried two levels. Its exactly what the trailer shows.

Got RE Mercenaries too. Very good, but the zombies/ganados animation get pretty bizarre when they´re far away. Is that normal?

It is; it's how the game is able to keep the normal Mercs head count without turning the framerate into a slideshow.

So they turned enemies beyond 20 feet into slideshows instead!

rjc571

Banned
I'm not too sure. I played up to well 8 and unlocked the iron ball, jewel, matryoshka doll, plate, wooden fish, and watermelon. I've finished levels at least once with the stone, rubber ball, iron ball, jewel, and wooden fish, for what that's worth. The level I finished with the jewel got me the wooden fish and the plate, so I'm not sure what combination of stuff was responsible. Could've been the time, the level, choice of item, finishing with 1 hp...hard to say :/

Edit: just got the mutagen for finishing all the wells. So just one unaccounted for.

Well I just played the first level with the rubber ball, and finishing it unlocked the iron ball. The rubber ball really sucks though.

Is Kerspllosh kinda like Ketzal's Corridors?

No.

Did anyone finish the PMD demo yet? I want to know if it gives you a way to delete save data without having to wipe the entire demo.

Does someone know how big RE: Mercs is for download? Thanks.

Also, played the Pokemon demo, and after 5 minutes I was still mashing A to gt through slow-as-hell text. Noooooo thank you, you don't pass my demo test, game!

Did anyone finish the PMD demo yet? I want to know if it gives you a way to delete save data without having to wipe the entire demo.

In Europe so I can't try, but surely it's just a case of deleting any extra data the game created for saves? That's how other 3DS games where demo progress carried over worked anyway.

Does someone know how big RE: Mercs is for download? Thanks.

Also, played the Pokemon demo, and after 5 minutes I was still mashing A to gt through slow-as-hell text. Noooooo thank you, you don't pass my demo test, game!

Very much agreed. I pressed on until I finally got to mess with options, and as far as I know there isn't even an option to make the text scroll faster; only gameplay.

In Europe so I can't try, but surely it's just a case of deleting any extra data the game created for saves? That's how other 3DS games where demo progress carried over worked anyway.

I figured this would be the case and tried, but the demo didn't create any Extra Data when I went into settings and checked.

JavyOO7

When is the patch coming for Runner 2?

Gaigjin Games says its coming soon. But that in regards to lock up issue its an issue on Nintendo's end. Supposedly the update that passed through earlier this week fixes that. I don't know yet though since I haven't downloaded it just yet.

wondermega

So i see family tennis is up on the 3ds e-shop any impressions on the game?

bought it awhile ago and really dig it, lots of fun. Game-breaking bug that I encounter every time I play however (camera gets fouled up and impossible to watch the action), I should check if they've patched it or something because it really ruins the whole thing.

DaBoss

Luigi's Mansion (2) Dark Moon is 843.5MB (6748 blocks).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the 3DS eShop charts for Canada on 07/03/2012 8PM EST.

Recent Releases
  1. Fire emblem Awakening (790)
  2. Crashmo (261)
  3. Pokemon Dream Radar (821)
  4. Gunman Clive (169)
  5. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (43)
  6. Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3085)
  7. Super Mario Bros. (3048)
  8. Mega Man 2 (40)
  9. 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (1218)
  10. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (28)
  11. Pokedex 3D Pro (352)
  12. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1321)
  13. The Legend of Zelda (1610)
  14. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (76)
  15. Picdun 2: Witch's Curse (10)
  16. Fractured Soul (58)
  17. Cut The Rope (681)
  18. Plants vs. Zombies (1431)
  19. Colors! 3D (1116)
  20. Pushmo (2668)

joedick

Luigi's Mansion (2) Dark Moon is 53,984MB (6748 blocks).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the 3DS eShop charts for Canada on 07/03/2012 8PM EST.

Are you sure that's a Canadian list? I think Canada and the US share an eShop, so I assume that's a North American chart. I don't know for sure though.

Fox Mulder

so I rescued a neglected wii from my mom and was looking to load it up as a VC machine. I was looking at the library on Wikipedia, and noticed how Super Turrican for the SNES got delisted today.

It appears that Nintendo doesn't offer any notice of delistings, which I don't get. Sega gave like a year notice that Outrun Online Arcade was going to get pulled off xbla and psn.

Diortem7

I own the retail copy of Nano Assault and I enjoy it. Could someone tell me what is different in the EX version other than better graphics? How much better are the graphics, anyway?

rjc571

Banned
Man, Kersploosh really illustrates just how fucking useless the 3DS's circle pad is for anything requiring precision. Good luck beating even the first level with the Matroska Doll. The fact that it only runs at 30 frames per second isn't helping matters much, either.

so I rescued a neglected wii from my mom and was looking to load it up as a VC machine. I was looking at the library on Wikipedia, and noticed how Super Turrican for the SNES got delisted today.

It appears that Nintendo doesn't offer any notice of delistings, which I don't get. Sega gave like a year notice that Outrun Online Arcade was going to get pulled off xbla and psn.

I just noticed earlier today that Sim City was delisted, too. Weird.

It seems to be an NoA thing though, I know Europe gave notice about the DKC trilogy getting delisted, and Sega and Irem both gave notices about the Sonic and R-Type games being pulled in Japan.

DaBoss

Man, Kersploosh really illustrates just how fucking useless the 3DS's circle pad is for anything requiring precision. Good luck beating even the first level with the Matroska Doll. The fact that it only runs at 30 frames per second isn't helping matters much, either.

Just beat the level using the Matryoshka doll. :p

It was hard, but it wasn't the circle pad that made it hard, it was the shape of the doll.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just realized how big of a mistake my Luigi's Mansion 2 size thing was. What was I thinking?

Wiz

Gaigjin Games says its coming soon. But that in regards to lock up issue its an issue on Nintendo's end. Supposedly the update that passed through earlier this week fixes that. I don't know yet though since I haven't downloaded it just yet.

Okay, just wondering because I encountered the bug yesterday, and I had the update downloaded before that.

Top Bottom