• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

Boney

Banned
Yeah, I have some spare Coins to use. Will check it, thanks!

Easy mode is way easy but has a fun gimmick while Hard is not Cave shooters hard as usual but it's pretty tough. Has leaderboards and you can actually download replays from other players as well.

Asimov

Banned
Easy mode is way easy but has a fun gimmick while Hard is not Cave shooters hard as usual but it's pretty tough. Has leaderboards and you can actually download replays from other players as well.

Oh, nice... sounds like a good value for the coins.

GRW810

So annoying that Club Nintendo Europe don't offer download codes for games on our catalogue. Got so many stars (equivalent of coins) sitting there that I could probably buy a few games. As it is my best option is Wii Points.

Does anyone know a rough exchange rate between stars and coins across the continents?

CoolS

Has Lego City Undercover officially been announced to be downloadable from the eshop? If so, I have to include that in the OT :)

So I just got a 3DS XL (20 hours used)...no games (I have Pilotwings and Mario Kart but they're 200 miles away) so eShop time, right? So eventually I got my netbook to act as a hotspot and well, can't connect to the eShop. Web browser works.

I'm guessing the eShop needs special ports forwarded? Looks like I'll be hauling the netbook to work then (forwarding ports is a brick wall with the IT services on my home connection).

Does anyone know a rough exchange rate between stars and coins across the continents?
5 stars=1 coin but depends on how you count post play and intend to buy surveys. Those are more guaranteed on the US system so some would say 6-7 stars to 1 coin is bit fairer. Then again the US system has different expiration (at the very least its equal to Europe but could be 12 months more) and possibly more persistent value erosion.

DaBoss

There's been a message scrolling on top of the eShop saying LEGO City Undercover will be available for download at midnight on the 18th(?) for weeks now.
Yeah, it's already advertised on the eShop (scrolling banner).

Has Lego City Undercover officially been announced to be downloadable from the eshop? If so, I have to include that in the OT :)

That is what the 2 posts above say, so yes.

In NA you get 50 coins per Wii (U?) game, and a few less for DS/3DS. We Europeans get 200 for 3ds and 250 for wii u, so going by wii u, it's a 1coin:5star ratio. But NA people get to do a bunch of things to earn extra coins, like registering intention to buy (Europe had this but it doesn't seem to work anymore) and post play surveys (Both have this, 50 stars/ 10 coins supporting the 1:5 ratio).

So yes, we are getting royally screwed in comparision.
For example
Paper Mario was 1000 wii points = 4000 stars (800 coins in theory) but only cost 200 coins in the NA club nintendo/

serplux

That is what the 2 posts above say, so yes.

Is Sing Party on the eShop? Because if that's on there, I think we can safely say every Nintendo-backed game will be on the eShop.

Also, Game and Wario is going to be cheaper on the Japanese eShop than at retail, so hopefully this becomes a trendsetter.

Hale-XF11

I'd love to read it, but I don't know what your site is!
Not sure if linking to my own reviews is frowned upon here or not, but the link to my site is in my profile and the review is on the top of the front page. Just click on my username and go to my "homepage."

DaBoss

Is Sing Party on the eShop? Because if that's on there, I think we can safely say every Nintendo-backed game will be on the eShop.

Also, Game and Wario is going to be cheaper on the Japanese eShop than at retail, so hopefully this becomes a trendsetter.

Don't you need a mic for Sing Party? I don't think it would be on eShop.

Ridley327

Don't you need a mic for Sing Party? I don't think it would be on eShop.

It's on the eShop, with the warning that you need the mic to play it. It's one of the bigger downloads on the eShop, as it's about 12 gigs.

It should be clear at this point that if Nintendo publishes it, it gets a digital release.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

I'm gonna do a big LTTP thread for La~Mulana as soon as it hits Steam.
I don't know why I neglected to buy it for so long, probably because I'm no longer interested in WiiWare, but now I'm so glad I did.

See, my X360 is a Live Arcade/Cave shmups machine, I have tons and tons of Live Arcade games.
My PS3 is also full of great PSN titles. Plenty of indies on my PC.
Wiiware not as much, I own less than 15 games for it (tons of VC games tho).
I like Cav Story and I can't wait for Cave Story+ on 3DS EUR, but this is on a whole other planet.

Well, La~Mulana is without a doubt high up in my top10 DD games of this generation and just a fantastic games all around. I know the term gets thrown around a lot but it really reminds of Dark Souls mechanics applied to a 2 platform/exploration game. It's incredibly charming, looks cool, it's 480p and you can mantain a proper 4:3 aspect ratio when played on a widescreen tv, although I have to say the game looks very good even squashed to fill all of the screen on my 720p Panny plasma (but I'm an aspect ratio taliban so I play in 4:3 mode).
For 1000 points it's a steal and filled with content even if missing that tiny bit of special "post-game" DLC (Hell Temple), it usually costs $15 for PC on Desura/Playism and now you can easily get Nintendo points for cheaper than 1000 points = $10. I played it with both a CC Pro and then a Wii Remoto solo and I have to say to my surprise that the latter was even better and I love cute gimmicks like using the Wii Remote's speaker.
So yeah, do yourself a favour and buy the game!

Yeah I wanna play La Mulana super bad, hope it gets released on another system, but if not I'll get it on Wii soon enough

Nigoro said that besides PC and Wiiware it's not going to happen or at least they have no plans yet.
They might do an update for WiiU later down the road and maybe 3DS but it's a far away at the moment.
Look, I share your sentiment on Wiiware, but the game plays fantastic on the Wii, playing on the remote is perfect, it's way cheaper than on PC and it's out right now.
You should go for it, either PC (game has passed greenlit so it's soon to appear on Steam) or Wiiware, just do it now because the game is incredible, looks very good on my plasma HDTV, plays perfect with a Wii remote (even better than with CC Pro imo), it's challenging and incredibly addictive... what more do you want? :)

OLD PC version vs NEW Wiiware remake -Trailer

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HGjWiihl.jpg

tIAslyU.gif

TOMORROW!!

Boney

Banned
Nigoro said that besides PC and Wiiware it's not going to happen or at least they have no plans yet.
They might do an update for WiiU later down the road and maybe 3DS but it's a far away at the moment.
Look, I share your sentiment on Wiiware, but the game plays fantastic on the Wii, playing on the remote is perfect, it's way cheaper than on PC and it's out right now.
You should go for it, either PC (game has passed greenlit so it's soon to appear on Steam) or Wiiware, just do it now because the game is incredible, looks very good on my plasma HDTV, plays perfect with a Wii remote (even better than with CC Pro imo), it's challenging and incredibly addictive... what more do you want? :)

OLD PC version vs NEW Wiiware remake -Trailer

It's just that I don't even have a TV for it!!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Let's give all our best congratulations to beril. Circle Entertainment is going to publish Gunman Clive in Japan!

Resident Evil The Mercanies 3D
ATV Wild Ride 3D
Nano Assult Neo
Kersplosh

All tomorrow, plus I already got Castlevania Mirror of Fate this week.

For once, I'm kinda hoping we don't get a VC release tomorrow, my wallet am cry

Just made a thread but it quickly got forgotten...

Clash of the Elementalists for DSiWare for 500 points.

Just announced by Teyon for NA and EU seemingly, but developed and already out in JP by Amzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD74CvbAhWE

http://www.teyon.com/games/clash-of-elementalists/

http://www.amzy.co.jp/boe/movie.html

Again noting Teyon didn't develop it, so don't judge it based on them.

As for the footage, looks like Custom Robo and Virtual On (that's what it looks like to me), only with people instead of robots, and it's only 500 points, if anyone's played it in JP, impressions please!

Hope it's as good as it looks, looks fun and with a great influence behind it! Please be good. :(

rjc571

Banned
Just made a thread but it quickly got forgotten...

Clash of the Elementalists for DSiWare for 500 points.

Just announced by Teyon for NA and EU seemingly, but developed and already out in JP by Amzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD74CvbAhWE

http://www.teyon.com/games/clash-of-elementalists/

http://www.amzy.co.jp/boe/movie.html

Again noting Teyon didn't develop it, so don't judge it based on them.

As for the footage, looks like Custom Robo and Virtual On (that's what it looks like to me), only with people instead of robots, and it's only 500 points, if anyone's played it in JP, impressions please!

Hope it's as good as it looks, looks fun and with a great influence behind it! Please be good. :(

Looks a lot like the Wiiware game Overturn. Same developer?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Just a heads up:

Chasing Aurora, a very moody and charming Micro Machines clone (in its single-player mode, that is) just got an update. It stabilizes game's framerate and adds some other nice playability improvements (better gate visibility). To all MicroMachines fans and people who love skill-based score-attack games - Chasing Aurora gets my highest recommendations (along with zen pinball and NAN from the same category).

AzaK

Anyone know where I can find out what's coming to the Aus/NZ eShop on Wii U? Can't see anything on nintendo.com.au.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Since, while I asked you to post daily (or, if it isn't possible, three times a week) eShop charts, I promised I would have done my best in order to post Italian eShop charts as often as possible, here we go

Updated as of March, 7th 2013. Around 12 GMT

Recent Releases
  1. Pokemon Dream Radar
  2. Splash or Crash
  3. Pokedex 3D Pro
  4. Gunman Clive
  5. PAC-MAN
  6. Super Mario Bros.
  7. Nightsky
  8. 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure
  9. Plants v.s. Zombies
  10. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  11. UNO
  12. Bird Mania 3D
  13. The DENPA MEN: They came by wave
  14. Super Mario 3D Land
  15. Pop Island Paperfield
  16. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
  17. Pullblox
  18. Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D
  19. Colors! 3D
  20. 35 Junior Games

All Software
  1. Pokemon Dream Radar
  2. Super Mario 3D Land
  3. Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles
  4. Pullblox
  5. Super Mario Bros.
  6. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
  7. Pokedex 3D Pro
  8. 3D Classics Kid Icarus
  9. 3D ClassicsKirby's Adventure
  10. Super Mario Land
  11. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
  12. Zen Pinball! 3D
  13. Dillon's Rolling Western
  14. Plants v.s. Zombies
  15. Colors! 3D
  16. Let's Golf! 3D
  17. Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!
  18. UNO
  19. Mario v.s. Donkey Kong: March of the MiniMarios
  20. Bird Mania 3D

Only 3DS Software (retail+eShop exclusives)Releases
  1. Pokemon Dream Radar
  2. Super Mario 3D Land
  3. Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles
  4. Pullblox
  5. Pokedex 3D Pro
  6. 3D Classics Kid Icarus
  7. 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure
  8. Zen Pinball! 3D
  9. Dillon's Rolling Western
  10. Colors! 3D
  11. Let's Golf! 3D
  12. Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!
  13. Bird Mania 3D
  14. Nintendo presents New Style Boutique
  15. Mighty Switch Force!
  16. New Super Mario Bros. 2
  17. New Art Academy
  18. Pyramids
  19. Art of Balance TOUCH!
  20. LIBERATION MAIDEN

Note: SM3DLand, Layton, New Style Boutique, New Art Academy and Freakyforms Deluxe have been part of the exclusive European Holiday Club Nintendo promotion (register your 3DS XL and download for free one of the mentioned titles)

When do the EU shops update on thursdays? I was ready to get River King when I got home and nothing's here yet.
I miss how updates happened right at midnight last gen.

serplux

Since, while I asked you to post daily (or, if it isn't possible, three times a week) eShop charts, I promised I would have done my best in order to post Italian eShop charts as often as possible, here we go

Updated as of March, 7th 2013. Around 12 GMT

Recent Releases
  1. Pokemon Dream Radar
  2. Splash or Crash
  3. Pokedex 3D Pro
  4. Gunman Clive
  5. PAC-MAN
  6. Super Mario Bros.
  7. Nightsky
  8. 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure
  9. Plants v.s. Zombies
  10. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  11. UNO
  12. Bird Mania 3D
  13. The DENPA MEN: They came by wave
  14. Super Mario 3D Land
  15. Pop Island Paperfield
  16. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
  17. Pullblox
  18. Crazy Chicken Pirates 3D
  19. Colors! 3D
  20. 35 Junior Games

For shame.

Javier

Mar. 7, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
Kersploosh!™ – Be one with the stone from the toss to the splash. With a sharp mind and a deft touch on the Circle Pad, master the journey to the bottom of wells filled with obstacles. As you learn to maneuver each stone in free fall and complete each level, you'll unlock more stones and wells.

Pokémon™ Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity – Demo Version
– Infinite Mystery Dungeons await you and your Pokémon friends on your quest to stop the forces that threaten Pokémon Paradise. You become a Pokémon and travel through a fantastic land inhabited only by other Pokémon and enlist their help as you build Pokémon Paradise. You play as Pikachu™, Snivy™, Oshawott™, Tepig™ or Axew™, and talk with other Pokémon as you explore the infinite possibilities of Mystery Dungeons that change each time you enter. You can use the Nintendo 3DS camera to discover Magnagates in the real world that lead to new Mystery Dungeons, or play with up to three other people and explore Mystery Dungeons together in Companion Mode. (Additional systems and copies of the game are required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.)

Nintendo eShop sale – Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword™
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword is about precision swordplay, battlefield finesse, and martial-arts style. For a limited time, purchase and download this game from the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS system at a discounted price of $4.99.

Also new this week:

Resident Evil®: The Mercenaries 3D (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)
Wrecking Crew™ (Virtual Console™ – Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)
ATV Wild Ride 3D (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 (Virtual Console – Wii™ Shop Channel for Wii)
Nano Assault EX (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)
Monster High™: Skultimate Roller Maze™ (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS – Available March 13)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/download9PnJBB3cx.php.

Heropon

I'll help with the Spanish charts then.

Updated as of March, 7th 2013. Around 14 GMT

Recent releases

1. Pokémon Dream Radar
  2. Splash or Crash
  3. Pokédex 3D Pro
  4. Gunman Clive
  5. PAC-MAN
  6. NightSky
  7. Plants vs. Zombies
  8. Super Mario Bros.
  9. Super Mario 3D Land
  10. 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure
  11. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  12. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
  13. Castlevania
  14. 35 Junior Games
  15. PICROSS e2
  16. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
  17. Pullblox
  18. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
  19. MEGA MAN 2
  20. Dillon's Rolling Western

All software

1. Super Mario 3D Land
  2. Pokémon Dream Radar
  3. 3D Classics Kid Icarus
  4. Profesor Layton and the Miracle Mask
  5. Pullblox
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
  7. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
  8. Super Mario Bros.
  9. Plants vs. Zombies
  10. Pokédex 3D Pro
  11. Super Mario Land
  12. 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure
  13. Dillon's Rolling Western
  14. Nintendo Presents Style Boutique
  15. Zen Pinball 3D
  16. Colors! 3D
  17. New Art Academy
  18. Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!
  19. Photo Dojo
  20. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!

Only 3DS Software (retail+eShop exclusives)Releases

1. Super Mario 3D Land
  2. Pokémon Dream Radar
  3. 3D Classics Kid Icarus
  4. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
  5. Pullblox
  6. Pokédex 3D Pro
  7. 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure
  8. Dillon's Rolling Western
  9. Nintendo Presents Style Boutique
  10. Zen Pinball 3D
  11. Colors! 3D
  12. New Art Academy
  13. Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!
  14. Let's Golf! 3D
  15. Mighty Switch Force!
  16. Bird Mania 3D
  17. New Super Mario Bros. 2
  18. VVVVVV
  19. Pyramids
  20. Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations Alive!

I like how people keep buying Link's Awakening.

Press release is up
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - MAR. 7, 2013

Mar. 7, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
Kersploosh!™ – Be one with the stone from the toss to the splash. With a sharp mind and a deft touch on the Circle Pad, master the journey to the bottom of wells filled with obstacles. As you learn to maneuver each stone in free fall and complete each level, you'll unlock more stones and wells.

Pokémon™ Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity – Demo Version – Infinite Mystery Dungeons await you and your Pokémon friends on your quest to stop the forces that threaten Pokémon Paradise. You become a Pokémon and travel through a fantastic land inhabited only by other Pokémon and enlist their help as you build Pokémon Paradise. You play as Pikachu™, Snivy™, Oshawott™, Tepig™ or Axew™, and talk with other Pokémon as you explore the infinite possibilities of Mystery Dungeons that change each time you enter. You can use the Nintendo 3DS camera to discover Magnagates in the real world that lead to new Mystery Dungeons, or play with up to three other people and explore Mystery Dungeons together in Companion Mode. (Additional systems and copies of the game are required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.)

Nintendo eShop sale – Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword™
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword is about precision swordplay, battlefield finesse, and martial-arts style. For a limited time, purchase and download this game from the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS system at a discounted price of $4.99.

Also new this week:

Resident Evil®: The Mercenaries 3D (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)
Wrecking Crew™ (Virtual Console™ – Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)
ATV Wild Ride 3D (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 (Virtual Console – Wii™ Shop Channel for Wii)
Nano Assault EX (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)
Monster High™: Skultimate Roller Maze™ (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS – Available March 13)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/download9PnJBB3cx.php.

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles weekly to the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system as well as the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii Shop Channel for the Wii console.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos. Users can add money to their account balance by using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii U eShop or the Nintendo 3DS eShop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.

Def ATV, Nano Assault, Res Evil Mercs & Kersploosh for me this week

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Discounts and Price Cuts

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | Virtual Console

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | Virtual Console

• Metal Slug 4 (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Latest release!

Top Bottom