• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2016

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Because it's built using Nintendo Web Framework and HTML5 as part of an indie developer program which the 3DS is not included in.
Aaah, okay. Just feels weird playing so many Picross games on my 3DS, then having to get one for a console. At the very least, the gamepad & off-TV play make sense.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Does MyNintendo launch at midnight? I wanna get some SNES games for my New 3DS but have been holding off so I can get coins.

jholmes

Lovely Planet launches next week. $9.99 before Nindies @ Home.

I had fun with the demo. If the port's any good I might pick this up.

Super Mario Sluggers is tomorrow's Wii game on Wii U.

This isn't as good as the GameCube one but it's definitely a really good game. If anyone liked Mega Man Soccer but wanted to see that player-stealing mechanic applied to Mario and baseball, give this a shot.

Try not to bitch too much about getting this, guys, it's a really fun game.

Bought my first 3ds virtual console title: pokemon tgc.
Only thing I don't like is that the "original resolution" mode is really small, far smaller than the original gameboy color screen

BooJoh

Bought my first 3ds virtual console title: pokemon tgc.
Only thing I don't like is that the "original resolution" mode is really small, far smaller than the original gameboy color screen

Depending on your model of 3DS, it can range from slightly smaller to far smaller.

The original GB (and the GBC as well I believe) had a DPI of about 83, while 3DS XL is 95 DPI (slightly smaller.)

n3DS is 120 (much smaller) while the OG 3DS is 132 DPI, approaching the GBm's postage stamp-sized 144 DPI.

EDIT: Now that I think back on it, that game had tiny text to begin with, sometimes hard to read even on a GBC or GBA screen.

Why anyone would actually want to play Metroid Other M baffles me.

I haven't finished any of the 3D Metroid games, but I personally enjoyed the gameplay of Other M more than the Prime series. It feels closer to the 2D games.

steveovig

I enjoyed Other M the last time I played. I still haven't brought myself to finishing it but I just got sidetracked by other stuff, the last time. It's not perfect but playable but not worth $20 for a digital version(or a disc version, I suppose).

Pokemaniac

While the story is complete trash, and there are instances of poor game design peppered throughout, the core gameplay is solid enough to be enjoyable. It's not a great game, but it's not completely without redeeming qualities either.

DING DING DING

Actually the final boss is a disaster but other than that it's a really solid game in terms of gameplay.

Seriously though, this is one of the worst pieces of game design I've ever seen.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I generally liked the gameplay of Other M... the only things that really annoyed me were the gimmick of the final boss fight
(Okay, they DID mention that move at the beginning of the game, but come on now...)
and the slow tank segments.

I mean, I don't play action games for story, really. I could see why some folks were irked, but that really never bothered me much.

Richie

I have no interest in playing it, but by all means I want them to put it up on the eShop as soon as possible, preferably alongside other games, so we get it out of the way and it doesn't get a week for itself later on.

Rizzi

Exactly.

Isn't even a thing that gets brought up much in the actual game as much as the internet pretends it is.

Shhh. Let me make fun of it. :p

Got $123 in my eShop wallet. Was planning on buying Fire Emblem Awakening when it goes on sale, but now I sorta want to buy Smash Bros.
Decisions.

When does My Nintendo actually launch in Australia?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Add me to the list of people where the gameplay was honestly rather good, & this is coming from someone who really only cares about Metroid Fusion (Super Metroid was well past my time (though it's still good) & wasn't into the Prime series).

...though granted, I don't feel like playing through the game again...

Edit: My Nintendo's now live & here's the games you can download after earning points:

- WarioWare Touched (3DS)
- Super Mario Land 2 (3DS)
- DKC Returns (Wii U)
- Metroid Fusion (Wii U)
- Super Punch-Out (Wii U)

You can see all the discounts here for digital titles.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, US has Super Mario 64 as well, I didn't notice that. New Super Luigi U & that Pikmin 3 DLC is also available.

Flipnote Studio 3D is up as well, & I THINK it's free.

Glass Rebel

I'm surprised I was able to make a My Nintendo account in Switzerland. I guess we're only excluded from Miitomo for now.

But it looks good, actually? Not yet reflected on the 3DS eShop tho? (can't check on Wii U right now)

PtM

Banned
Oh, so that's why MOM isn't on sale, you have to purchase the reduction on MyN.

Guys, do I have to purchase the Coin Box?
Looks like it.

Just bought SADAME on the webshop. I always hated entering my CC on the 3DS, so this is awesome :D

EDIT: And now it was automatically pushed onto the system together with Flipnote

Good job Nintendo

I was also playing the waiting game but I just bought the DK games cos I wasn't sure when the new account system would be in place and the points gained for ~£10 probably isn't worth that much. And I'd kick myself if the discount ended.
I answered that here. You just wasted coins. :(

Thanks for the answers guys :)
Moot point as the account is now live so I just scooped up the DK's before the store refreshed anyway...

What's annoying is, with no cart I had to buy them separately.
One for £7.19 which got me 10 Gold Coins.
The other then reduces to £3.59, under the £4.50 threshold, so I didn't get any coins for it.
If I could've combined the two I would've been able to get 20 Coins.
Ahh well, still pleased with the discount!
Bought all 8 SNES games, hopefully the amount of sales will encourage more promotions like this..... hopefully...

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Lovely Planet – With boots of speed on your feet, an infinite supply of bullets and the ability to jump over twice your own height, you’re well equipped to go up against any enemy on your quest to reach Lovely Planet. If you downloaded the demo during the Nindies@Home promotion, you can save 15 percent off your purchase of Lovely Planet until May 5, 2016. Click here to see a trailer for the game.
Pokkén Tournament – Demo Version – Try before you buy! In this free demo, battle Pokémon in new action-packed arena fights. Perform vivid Pokémon moves using an intuitive fighting system and unleash devastating attacks upon your opponent to become the Pokkén Tournament champion.
Mario Super Sluggers – Missed out on this fun Wii game? You can now download it directly on the Wii U system! Rookies and veterans alike will be swinging for the fences in no time. Simply swing the Wii Remote controller like a bat, or use a pitching motion to test your strike power from the mound. Play ball with up to four players, and select from nine unique stadiums – everything from an ice-filled castle to an urban cityscape. (additional accessories required; sold separately)

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

99Moves (Wii U), Soccer Up 3D (Nintendo 3DS) and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 21.
Baila Latino (Wii U), Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Oxygene are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 15.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Stone Shire is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1) starting at 9 a.m. PT on April 1 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 1.
Canvaleon is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.95 to $4.95) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 7.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

The Legend of Dark Witch 2, Glory of Generals and more games from CIRCLE Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 14.

New DLC:

Fire Emblem Fates – New DLC Map – Vanguard Dawn – A trial ground that uses the Elincia’s Gambit stage from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, this new map is now available to download in the Fire Emblem Fates game for only $1.99.

Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 1 – As a reminder, anyone who owns either Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest can purchase Map Pack 1 at the Dragon’s Gate in the game for $17.99 to get access to 11 DLC maps plus bonus content as they are released weekly through April 21. Map Pack 1 content is priced at more than $24 when purchased individually.

Activities:

Miiverse Star Fox Zero Intergalactic Art Event – Calling all Star Fox fans! We have less than one month until the Star Fox Zero game launches exclusively for Wii U on April 21. To celebrate, Miiverse is offering an opportunity to win $10 in Nintendo eShop credit. To participate in the sweepstakes, draw some fantastic Star Fox fan art and post it to the Miiverse Star Fox Zero Intergalactic Art Event community by April 22. Fox McCloud, Falco Lombardi, Peppy Hare, Slippy Toad – which classic character will inspire your artistic creation? You can enter once each week for your chance to win $10 in Nintendo eShop credit – 40 winners will be chosen in total.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the US (incl. DC), 13 years or older. Promotion begins 11:00 AM PT on 3/29/16 and ends 11:00 PM PT on 4/22/16. To enter, post your Star Fox Zero fan art in Miiverse or mail postcard as stated in Official Rules. Forty prize winners will each receive $10 credit to the Nintendo eShop (approx. retail value of all prizes: US$400). For Official Rules, click here. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc., 4600 150th Ave. NE, Redmond, WA, USA.

Also new this week:

6-Hand Video Poker (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Now I Know My ABCs (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Pixlcross (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Wii U)
Justice Chronicles (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Glass Rebel

boo, no Other M.

on the other side of the ocean

"boo, no, Other M."

troll.png

What's annoying is, with no cart I had to buy them separately.
One for £7.19 which got me 10 Gold Coins.
The other then reduces to £3.59, under the £4.50 threshold, so I didn't get any coins for it.
If I could've combined the two I would've been able to get 20 Coins.

Correction: You get coins based on the default price, regardless of discount.
So I did get another 10 despite buying something for £3.59.
Very nice Nintendo! This whole system is pretty great so far...

Pokemaniac

Ah sorry, thought you were talking about Europe. Don't you have already a web version of the eShop for a long time now?

Kind of. The catalog is limited and it doesn't have all the features you'd expect. The real web eShop is definitely still necessary.

maxcriden

The new Nintendo.com is iive. neat!

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/zacisas-last-stand-wii-u So cool to see it like that

I think it's only partly up at this point. It pulls from our current balance on our NNID on Wii U!/3DS! That's new. Yay. I say only partly up b/c when I try to search for games a lot of them don't show up w/ the option to buy....

ETA: yeah, only partly up from what I can tell. When I try to check out with OOT3D for example, it doesn't draw from my balance.

Top Bottom