• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2017

Craft

No PR yet. Here is the final list for Europe.

Nintendo eShop (Switch)

ACA NEOGEO The King of Fighters ’94 (Hamster) - €6.99/£6.29

Splatoon 2 Global Testfire (Nintendo) - Free

Wow that's terrible, considering last week was a NeoGeo game and Blaster Master Zero.
I wonder what held up the Tomorrow Corps games and binding of Issac.
At least the next couple of weeks should be stacked given there are 7 more games pegged for release this month...

Robin64

At least it's looking like Europe will get the Tomorrow trio next week. Then the following week we have HAS-BEEN HEROES and Snake Pass.

L~A

hmm tempted to double dip on World of Goo for touch controls

And can they announce Monster Hunter for Switch already, didnt Capcom announce some new games yesterday

They will probably announce the Port Hunter: Beg for Ultimate Ban Edition first.

MHXX comes out this Saturday, no new MH will be announced before several months. My money is on September.

OmegaFax

I guess it's worth noting that changing your region to Mexico will make World of Goo and the other two games about $6.2 instead of $10.

tolkir

Special offers
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (Deep Silver) - €27.99/£24.49 (Ends March 23, normally €39.99/£34.99)
7th Dragon III Code: VFD (Deep Silver) - €29.99/£26.24 (Ends March 23, normally €39.99/£34.99)

Good, good. I hope that Deep Silver continues with the sales next months. Right now, I'm poor after Switch launch.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At least it's looking like Europe will get the Tomorrow trio next week. Then the following week we have HAS-BEEN HEROES and Snake Pass.

Yeah, next week will be good for us in Europe, between the Tomorrow Trio and Splatoon 2. And the following one with Has Been Heroes and SnakePass. And Pocket Heroes releasing in March as well.

Posted this in the Gaming Discussion thread before it was locked but thought it would be good for those curious about how World of Goo handles gyro controls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg-UKdBPADQ

Just a quick look at the game from me with some first impressions. The control scheme works really well, hopefully this leads to other Wii games making a return in HD. I haven't tried the other Tomorrow Corperation games yet but I assume they all have the same control scheme.

Hey Jonneh, replying to you here since the other thread was locked.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232192901&postcount=77

Hmm, I heard other people switched regions just fine even with account balances. They confirmed that they did indeed lose the balance when they moved back to the original region.

How strange it doesn't let you move. Does anyone else know about it?
Ah thanks a ton, it's a pain because I want everything tied to one account in case I ever have to restore my games on another Switch. I've tried changing region a few times but that $0.01 keeps preventing me :(

maxcriden

Ah thanks a ton, it's a pain because I want everything tied to one account in case I ever have to restore my games on another Switch. I've tried changing region a few times but that $0.01 keeps preventing me :(

Sorry to hear it! If you create a brand new user on your Switch, will it let you set them up in a different region, as a workaround?

Loving the Switch being region free - picked up the three Tomorrow Corporation games on the Mexico eShop for what amounts to $6.18 each. That's like getting one of them for free versus paying $9.99 each on the US eShop. This is going to be great.

I went the multiple account route - I created an additional user for Mex, JP, and U.K. stores. Super easy to do and switch between them since it asks which user is accessing the eShop each time you open it. If I wanted to access my downloads on another Switch, I would just put all four accounts on it. Remember, you don't have to use the other accounts to play, only when buying. I play all games with my primary US account.

ACTWRKSm.jpg

Robin64

Oh I didn't realise that Has-Been Heroes actually has a retail release, that's why it's going to be up on the eShop on the 28th, that's the day it's releases physically. Wonder what that will do to the price, though.

Edit: Oh not too bad, it's $19.99 in America for both digital and retail.

Edit2: Can't find a UK store that lists it for retail. Weird.

tolkir

Oh I didn't realise that Has-Been Heroes actually has a retail release, that's why it's going to be up on the eShop on the 28th, that's the day it's releases physically. Wonder what that will do to the price, though.

Edit: Oh not too bad, it's $19.99 in America for both digital and retail.

Edit2: Can't find a UK store that lists it for retail. Weird.

It's Gamestop exclusive.

Sorry to hear it! If you create a brand new user on your Switch, will it let you set them up in a different region, as a workaround?

Yeah I can still access the European eShop with other users so there's not really an issue anymore, I would just like to be able to switch my primary account back aha.

Producer

Not sure if this is the right thread..but i see that the wii classic controller pro is $28 at amazon currently. Is that a good price? Been meaning to get one but its hard to find at stores.

maxcriden

Yeah I can still access the European eShop with other users so there's not really an issue anymore, I would just like to be able to switch my primary account back aha.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah I'm unsure of what's preventing the primary account switch but at least there's an alternate solution in the meantime.

It's excellent! My favorite in the series or near to it. If it never comes to VC I hope you will seek it out on cart.

Awesome, I mean the cart is not hard to find...I just don't like playing games on a handheld given the choice lol Even with the blown up resolution, I like playing DS games on the Wii U, because I can finally look at the game on my tv xD

etrain911

Does anyone know if we're gonna miss out on the DLC from Picross 3D? It is a shame that they don't preload the ROM with it as it would be super easy to do.

Nosgotham

I picked up Human Resource Machine and I absolutely love it! I really liked Little Inferno back on WiiU as well. Their games just scratch an itch no one else can.

It's basically teaching you program logic but in a puzzle, game form. Very neat.

Why can't I rate games on switch eshop??

tolkir

I picked up Human Resource Machine and I absolutely love it! I really liked Little Inferno back on WiiU as well. Their games just scratch an itch no one else can.

It's basically teaching you program logic but in a puzzle, game form. Very neat.

Why can't I rate games on switch eshop??

Nintendo looks like wanted to do the most barebones store ever and they did it.

Shahadan

Yeah their games are really unique and always push all the right buttons for me. I'd buy anything they release.

TheMoon

Not sure if this is the right thread..but i see that the wii classic controller pro is $28 at amazon currently. Is that a good price? Been meaning to get one but its hard to find at stores.

I guess it is. MSRP was $20 but apparently they've become hard to find now?!?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess it's semi-related to downloads, but after downloading the patch for Super Bomberman R, it's nice that we can trigger patch downloads at will now & are more automatic compared to the Wii U/3DS, but MAN I dislike the fact there's no way to actually see what the patch does (i.e. patch notes similar to PS4 & I would assume X1) or if you're even downloading a patch, just that there's some kind of download for a game you have. Sure, one would most likely assume "oh, it's downloading a patch", but give me something like "download for v1.02 complete".

It's still better to how Nintendo handled patches in the past (like having to freakin' find it on the eShop, though it was nice to have it ready in case you wanted to get the game in the future via sale), but still lacking.

Also, for that price, the Wii Classic Controller Pro is worth it if you feel like you'd use it a lot.

TheMoon

It's still better to how Nintendo handled patches in the past (like having to freakin' find it on the eShop, though it was nice to have it ready in case you wanted to get the game in the future via sale), but still lacking.

A reminder that 3DS and Wii U both have auto-downloads for updates (or that home menu prompt on 3DS when it detects an update). You only had to check the eShop in the early years or if you wanted a patch the second it came out.

ramparter

Banned

It's considered a very good controller. The question is, how much Wii virtual console you are planning to play.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A reminder that 3DS and Wii U both have auto-downloads for updates (or that home menu prompt on 3DS when it detects an update). You only had to check the eShop in the early years or if you wanted a patch the second it came out.
Wii U was a bit better, but I remember I would have to launch a game a few times (i.e. Hyrule Warriors was probably the one that stuck out in my mind, maybe Super Mario Maker as well) before it would realize "OH HEY, there's an update, let's download it!", though yes, 3DS did get better over time. I probably just didn't notice since there wasn't a ton of games (aside from Smash) that really needed patches & Pokemon Shuffle does it in-game.

My experience with how Switch handles patches so far has just felt more "modern", which is good, but the lack of patch notes is still annoying (Smash was terrible with this at times when moves would be altered so the fanbase would have to do the research) when I have to go online & see if the company put out anything or look & see if anyone discovered anything different. But maybe Nintendo will add it in via firmware update in the future.

But to be more on topic, I need to try that Snipperclips demo one of these days, but the problem is, I really don't have the time to have a friend try it out with me & I'm sure the game wasn't designed for single player use.

PtM

Banned
It's pretty inconsistent on 3DS. Some updates like Super Metroid wouldn't even show in the eshop's aggregator.

Ninja Dom

There's two nice looking arcade shmups on the Wii U now.

Ghost Blade HD and Sky Force Anniversary. Does anybody have any experience with either game? Anybody know which is best?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Give me a moment & I'll look up the sale prices.

Edit:
- Rune Factory 4: $19.99 (33% off)
- Story of Seasons: $19.99 (33% off)
- Corpse Party: $19.99 (33% off)
- Senran Kagura Burst: $9.99 (50% off)
- Senran Kagura 2: $19.99 (33% off)
- Return to PopoloCrois: $9.99 (50% off)
- Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven: $9.99 (50% off)
- Unchained Blades: $7.49 (50% off)
- Exile's End: $4.99 (50% off)

Bowl0l

Edit:
Is there a glitch with my phone browser, Chrome? Every time i click on deals @www.nintendo.com, i see only one game on sale.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it's Nintendo's site, since it only mentions one game on sale as well. But if you search for the game & go to its page, it'll show the sale price.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Android version of #SuperMarioRun will be available on 3/23 with the Ver.2.0.0 update! "

Well finally.

Just in time to use my MyNintendo points on some Super Mario Run stuff before the end of the month lol.

Not like there is anything else worth using those expiring points on.

PtM

Banned
Just in time to use my MyNintendo points on some Super Mario Run stuff before the end of the month lol.

Not like there is anything else worth using those expiring points on.
Miitomo Pachinko, FEH juice.

Anyway, 2.0.0 will add a new character and you'll be able to unlock 1-4 in the demo.

Refyref

Good to finally get SMR for us Android peasants.

Edit:

How's Lord of Magna? Already have all the 3DS titles here except for that and Corpse Party.

Edit: Oh, and Story of Seasons, but I just bought the sequel, so no point for that one.

Edit:

Grabbed PoPoLoCrois so fast even though I have a retail copy, I'd much prefer having it digitally and was sad I skipped it at $15, well there you go! :D

Burst I think is a bit higher in Canada, but the others are the same.

Top Bottom