• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2016

If I buy an eShop game on an 'empty' 3DS then transfer my 3DS to that system, that game is just deleted forever right? Not like playable still or anything?

Robin64

If I buy an eShop game on an 'empty' 3DS then transfer my 3DS to that system, that game is just deleted forever right? Not like playable still or anything?

You can redownload the game, though. It's now tied to that machine (and then your NNID if you put that on there).

PtM

Banned

Pre-installed games are re-downloadable. Maybe it works for other games also, as long as they're not tied to an NNID.

TheMoon

Don't buy it with an NNID. The NNID you transfer to that system will only absorb it if it isn't already tied to another NNID.

So, if you bought it ages ago without an NNID existing on that system, you're fine. If you're asking if you now have an NNID on that system, buy a game and then transfer an NNID from another system to this one, you'll lose the one that's currently on there along with the games tied to it.

Was just wondering if it was possible to make this new 3DS I'm about to transfer to set to UK so I could buy and download Binding of Isaac, then somehow still have it playable on the system after I transfer my NZ 3DS across to it and (with my NZ NNID etc) in turn making it a NZ 3DS after that.

The crazy schemes Nintendo make me try and imagine up because of region locks and Nicalis not bothering to rate the game for my country etc! :'(

Its a completely empty, new factory settings etc new Zelda 3DS I'm transferring too, just picked it up a few days ago. So doesn't have a NNID or anything like that.

Bittercup

note that all of them are available grouped in the various packs. check the in-game shop to see difficulty categories for all of them.

edit:

spread out into the separate packs:
Thank you. That's very helpful.
I would play them on a second playthough, so probably all difficulty categories might be nice. And with the packs it isn't as expensive as it seemed.

TheMoon

Was just wondering if it was possible to make this new 3DS I'm about to transfer to set to UK so I could buy and download Binding of Isaac, then somehow still have it playable on the system after I transfer my NZ 3DS across to it and (with my NZ NNID etc) in turn making it a NZ 3DS after that.

The crazy schemes Nintendo make me try and imagine up because of region locks and Nicalis not bothering to rate the game for my country etc! :'(

Its a completely empty, new factory settings etc new Zelda 3DS I'm transferring too, just picked it up a few days ago. So doesn't have a NNID or anything like that.

The country switching is bound to create a problem for you there. Otherwise you'd be probably in the clear with buying a game without creating an NNID (iirc that's still possible, just not getting freebies like demos) if it were the same country. After the transfer, the NZ NNID makes you connect to your NZ-specific eShop which means it can't deal with Isaac anyway because it does not know what that is.

You're better off begging @nicalis on twitter to do the trivial legwork of getting their shit together and sending Isaac through IARC.

I actually already asked them awhile ago if now because of IARC would it be possible to get the game released in some other countries but never got a reply. :( They probably don't even know what IARC is knowing them.

This was much easier before NNIDs and I could just switch whenever I wanted. :(

I wonder if you can buy DLC via the new web browser shop.

At least then you can buy cheap DLC without having to own the game. And if you're just buying a license you'll probably be able to get around the painful space requirement measure to buy a game and just install it whenever you want.

TheMoon

I wonder if you can buy DLC via the new web browser shop.

At least then you can buy cheap DLC without having to own the game. And if you're just buying a license you'll probably be able to get around the painful space requirement measure to buy a game and just install it whenever you want.

Not gonna happen on 3DS because DLC is bought in-game on 3DS.

DLC also has no presence on the websites, you can only buy stuff on the websites there. It's actually all just the game pages with a purchase link. Wii U DLC has a tiny chance of being added to a part of the table.

I actually already asked them awhile ago if now because of IARC would it be possible to get the game released in some other countries but never got a reply. :( They probably don't even know what IARC is knowing them.

This was much easier before NNIDs and I could just switch whenever I wanted. :(

Honestly, the only way forward is by politely annoying them. But then again it's fucking nicalis.

Andrefpvs

There are some promotions on the European 3DS eShop I'm interested in that the eShop claims end on 31 March.

Does anyone know at what time exactly they usually revert the prices to their regular ones?

Edit: Christ, I worded this like shit. But yeah, at what time do sales usually revert?

TheMoon

There are some promotions on the European 3DS eShop I'm interested in that the eShop claims end on 31 March.

Does anyone know at what time exactly they usually revert the prices to their regular ones?

Edit: Christ, I worded this like shit. But yeah, at what time do sales usually revert?

Midnight of the day it ends. So 11:59:59pm on the 31st.

After finally coming out in Germany I bought Dark Witch and got completely addicted to it. Cleared every difficulty and challenge and it was pretty damn good. The game on Lunatic is probably harder than any Mega Man I ever played.

Definitely up there with the best 3,99€ you can spend on the eShop. Thanks IARC
and Circle
!

After finally coming out in Germany I bought Dark Witch and got completely addicted to it. Cleared every difficulty and challenge and it was pretty damn good. The game on Lunatic is probably harder than any Mega Man I ever played.

Definitely up there with the best 3,99€ you can spend on the eShop. Thanks IARC
and Circle
!

I've been playing The Legend of Dark Witch recently too. I beat it with both characters on the Easy difficulty. Lunatic must be very hard in this game, especially with Riva.

I've been playing Poker to unlock stuff in the Syega Shop, and I think it's great because it pays very well if you get a good hand.

I also recommend the sequel if you can get it. It is quite a bit easier, but a bit longer and with more features.

I've been playing The Legend of Dark Witch recently too. I beat it with both characters on the Easy difficulty. Lunatic must be very hard in this game, especially with Riva.

I've been playing Poker to unlock stuff in the Syega Shop, and I think it's great because it pays very well if you get a good hand.

I also recommend the sequel if you can get it. It is quite a bit easier, but a bit longer and with more features.

The stages don't change much, but the bosses and especially the final one.. takes a lot of patience and you can't really mess up due to the upgrade system. But it's very rewarding in the end!

I also spent way too much time in the Poker minigame. It's a really smart how they built the challenges/Syega/Poker metagame around it and it definitely motivated me to complete it. I'll definitely pick up the sequel in the near future.

The stages don't change much, but the bosses and especially the final one.. takes a lot of patience and you can't really mess up due to the upgrade system. But it's very rewarding in the end!

I also spent way too much time in the Poker minigame. It's a really smart how they built the challenges/Syega/Poker metagame around it and it definitely motivated me to complete it. I'll definitely pick up the sequel in the near future.

Yeah, I think the bosses get new attack patterns on higher difficulties. And yes, you really need to enter the final boss powered up at least on the higher difficulties.

The metagame of Dark Witch 2 is what really hooked me. I played it for around 40 hours the first month I had it. I still have to go back and try to finish some things.

I've been playing poker in Dark Witch 1 because I want to buy the +4 health so I can play with the maximum health allowed in the game, but I'm currently down about 100 "coins." (Edit: I got 4 of a kind! So I'm pretty close to 1500 Syega now)

I was going to bump the official thread, but I guess since you brought it up, I got to talk about it. :)

BooJoh

I wonder if the re-release will fix the photo saving feature. The removal of some Wii OS features kind of neutered that enhancement.

Pokemaniac

I wonder if the re-release will fix the photo saving feature. The removal of some Wii OS features kind of neutered that enhancement.

I'd be rather surprised if this releases without the ability to save photos to the SD card (which is really what they should have done in the first place).

Well yeah, there's nothing they can do since 50€ =!= 50£.

You can try selling the eShop cards on eBay for same value. You might lose a bit of money in the process (due to exchange rates), but that's better than just losing 200€ worth of eShop credits.

Man... :(

Do eShop deals usually end when the eShop updates or at the end of the day?
DK SNES VC 50% off ends 'on the 31st.'
Just wondering if you could wait for Nintendo Account to go live before purchasing...

TheMoon

SWEET! How much? Been wanting to play it again. Can it use my Wii saves if it is on my Wii U?

Note: this is not an officially announced thing. It's just an obvious thing because it's tied to Miitomo (Sakamoto involvement).

Also, all Wii games cost the same (20 bucks) and all Wii game eShop versions can use Wii disc save data. Always the same.

Experien

Note: this is not an officially announced thing. It's just an obvious thing because it's tied to Miitomo (Sakamoto involvement).

Also, all Wii games cost the same (20 bucks) and all Wii game eShop versions can use Wii disc save data. Always the same.

Thanks for the valuable info!

Kind of a dumb question, but was Mercenaries Saga 2 delisted on the german eShop ?

I swear, I saw it on there and held off when came out. I tried to search for it a week ago, but it was nowhere to be seen.

Maybe I'm just stupid and imagining things.

Do eShop deals usually end when the eShop updates or at the end of the day?
DK SNES VC 50% off ends 'on the 31st.'
Just wondering if you could wait for Nintendo Account to go live before purchasing...
I think it's normally when they update the store.

I was also playing the waiting game but I just bought the DK games cos I wasn't sure when the new account system would be in place and the points gained for ~£10 probably isn't worth that much. And I'd kick myself if the discount ended.

TheMoon

Kind of a dumb question, but was Mercenaries Saga 2 delisted on the german eShop ?

I swear, I saw it on there and held off when came out. I tried to search for it a week ago, but it was nowhere to be seen.

Maybe I'm just stupid and imagining things.

Never came out in Germany. That was during Circle's "USK is too expensive" phase. Ask them on twitter if they feel like sending it through IARC.

I think it's normally when they update the store.

I was also playing the waiting game but I just bought the DK games cos I wasn't sure when the new account system would be in place and the points gained for ~£10 probably isn't worth that much. And I'd kick myself if the discount ended.

I answered that here. You just wasted coins. :(

Midnight of the day it ends. So 11:59:59pm on the 31st.

Ondore

Lovely Planet launches next week. $9.99 before Nindies @ Home.

Anyone know what's going on with Forma.8 or Soul Axiom?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's a picross game hitting Wii U tomorrow called "PixlCross" or something for $6, slightly tempted to get it.

......though why the WII U. Makes more sense on a digital device, like the 3DS.

Robin64

There's a picross game hitting Wii U tomorrow called "PixlCross" or something for $6, slightly tempted to get it.

Because it's built using Nintendo Web Framework and HTML5 as part of an indie developer program which the 3DS is not included in.

KingWool

Banned

With this and TP Picross; I'm very happy, but would rather it be on 3DS....

Top Bottom