• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2016

tolkir

It's time to Nintendo to say: "Fuck it, tomorrow, Nintendo Direct of 3 hours. Miitomo, My Nintendo, Zelda Wii U, Mother 3, next mobile game tease, NX unveil, NX controller, NX games and more surprises... *drops the mic*.. *grab the mic* "Yes, Mother fucking 3 announced right now" *drops the mic*"

GAF explodes.

Madao

i wonder if there's any viable way to make Nintendo know we want F-Zero X with the Expansion Kit enhancements whenever they release that on Wii U VC

and before anyone assumes it, no, you don't need a new emulator to run F-Zero X with the Expansion Kit. the game can be dumped and a vanilla N64 will run it without the 64DD attached since the 64DD is basically like an alternate media storage device. think of it as loading a game from disc vs internal memory in modern consoles.

Pokemaniac

Hmmm.....

Mm8DXFI.png

I can confirm the button is there in NA, too.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Resident Evil Revelations and more games from Capcom are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 29.
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge from Activision is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 30.
  • Maze and The Perplexing Orb are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Explody Bomb is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $.99 to $.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Adventures of Pip is 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.50) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash and more games from Natsume are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on March 25 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner’s Pack is 50 percent off (reduced from $49.99 to $24.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 1.
  • Word Party from Lightwood Games is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 4.
  • Suspension Railroad Simulator is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 7.
  • Life of Pixel is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 11.

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Hyrule Warriors Legends (Nintendo)
    Legends of Hyrule Pack ($14.99) Upcoming 03/25
    Legends of Hyrule Pack -3DS/Wii U Bundle- ($19.99) Upcoming 03/25
  • Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Hidden Truths 1 and 2 ($4.49)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, Resident Evil Revelations and more games from Capcom are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 29.
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge and SpongeBob HeroPants from Activision are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 30.
  • Aqua Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley and more games from Natsume are on sale starting at 9 a.m. PT on March 25 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
  • 3D Gunstar Heroes, Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX and more games from SEGA are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 4.
  • Stella Glow, Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 4.
  • Epic Word Search Collection from Lightwood Games is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 4.
  • Japanese Rail Sim Journey in Suburbs #1 is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 7.
  • Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai is 25 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $6.70) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 14.

vYU92.png

• Star Fox 64 (Nintendo | N64 *US Version* | €4.99 | £4.49 until 04/21, then €9.99 | £8.99) Trailer
    TM_WiiUVC_StarFox64_search_thumb.jpg

Wii U | Sales

• Ascent of Kings (Nostatic Software) - €1.49/£1.11 (Ends March 31, normally €1.99/£1.49)
  • Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots) - €7.19/£5.39 (Ends April 7, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Word Party (Lightwood Games) - €11.99/£11.19 (Ends April 7, normally €15.99/£14.99)

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Hyrule Warriors Legends (Nintendo)
    Legends of Hyrule Pack (€14.99 | £13.49)
    Legends of Hyrule Pack -3DS/Wii U Bundle- (€16.99 | £15.29)
  • Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward (Nintendo)
    Spring-Summer Styles Pack (Free)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Beyblade Evolution (Rising Star Games) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends March 31, normally €19.99/£19.99)
  • BIT.TRIP SAGA (Rising Star Games) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends March 31, normally €19.99/£19.99)
  • Girl's Fashion Shoot (Rising Star Games) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends March 31, normally €19.99/£19.99)
  • Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (Rising Star Games) - €11.99/£11.99 (Ends March 31, normally €29.99/£29.99)
  • Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (Rising Star Games) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends March 31, normally €19.99/£17.99)
  • Hometown Story (Rising Star Games) - €7.49/£7.49 (Ends March 31, normally €29.99/£29.99)
  • Jewel Master Cradle of Egypt 2 3D (Rising Star Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends March 31, normally €19.99/£17.99)
  • Jewel Mastr Cradle of Rome 2 (Rising Star Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends March 31, normally €19.99/£17.99)
  • Super Black Bass 3D (Rising Star Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends March 31, normally €19.99/£17.99)
  • Virtue's Last Reward (Rising Star Games) - €12.49/£9.99 (Ends March 31, normally €24.99/£19.99)
  • Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends March 31, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • Johnny's Payday Panic (Office Create) - €1.99/ £1.49 (Ends March 31, normally €3.99/£2.99)
  • SADAME (Rising Star Games) - €10.99/ £9.49 (Ends March 31, normally €14.99/£12.99)
  • Epic Word Search Collection (Lightwood Games) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends April 7, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai (Shin'en Multimedia) - €6.70/£5.70 (Ends April 14, normally €8.99/£7.66)

uxwGK.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, I wouldn't mind that Mini Mario amiibo challenge, but I mainly have all the amiibo I want, save for Toon Link, Wario, Robin, & Lucina, & I doubt those will get a restock.

Either will have to get lucky with someone giving a code away or I'll have to wait until the end of next month for it to be on the eShop.

Nice! Haven't seen a week this good in while.

Anyone here play these Japanese Rail Simulator games? They seem to make a lot of them. Are they any good?

i think this is the best place to ask.

i' ve seen some N64 VC games saying that Wii Remote is supported. For example, Ocarina, the Yoshi games and Kirby. i don't think is a confusion or mistake because it clearly stipulated that the game's support Wii Classic Pro. So i don't think the reason Wii Remote is listed is because of that.

Can anyone elaborate? Can some of the N64 games be controlled with Remote or Remote and NUnchuck?

TheMoon

i think this is the best place to ask.

i' ve seen some N64 VC games saying that Wii Remote is supported. For example, Ocarina, the Yoshi games and Kirby. i don't think is a confusion or mistake because it clearly stipulated that the game's support Wii Classic Pro. So i don't think the reason Wii Remote is listed is because of that.

Can anyone elaborate? Can some of the N64 games be controlled with Remote or Remote and NUnchuck?

see icon tab:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-64/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-269536.html (no Wiimote because impossible with all the buttons needed)
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-64/Kirby-64-The-Crystal-Shards-277809.html (wiimote because not many inputs)
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-64/Yoshi-s-Story-269800.html (same as kirby, not many inputs so wiimote support)

Thanks for pointing this out, i just go by the information posted in the eShop page. Really nice touch there are even manuals in PDF, wonder if there are manuals for Wii games.

Again, thanks for the valuable information sir. Glad i asked here.

TheMoon

Thanks for pointing this out, i just go by the information posted in the eShop page. Really nice touch there are even manuals in PDF, wonder if there are manuals for Wii games.

Again, thanks for the valuable information sir. Glad i asked here.

There are.

These PDFs are actually what the VC games using scans link to.

Trivia: NOE recently revamped the icon tab a bit. Iirc previously it didn't have an icon showing the CC together WITH a Wiimote and it would just have a Wiimote icon and a CC icon on there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reminder that starting today until April 27th, if you buy any amiibo from Best Buy, Amazon, or Gamestop, you'll get a free code for Mini Mario and Friends amiibo Challenge. Though for some reason, BB has the game for sale for $5. Which is pointless since it'll be free on the eShop on April 28th.

.....sucks I'll most likely have to wait since I have pretty much have everyone I need, & the ones I do aren't in stock.

BooJoh

Reminder that starting today until April 27th, if you buy any amiibo from Best Buy, Amazon, or Gamestop, you'll get a free code for Mini Mario and Friends amiibo Challenge. Though for some reason, BB has the game for sale for $5. Which is pointless since it'll be free on the eShop on April 28th.

.....sucks I'll most likely have to wait since I have pretty much have everyone I need, & the ones I do aren't in stock.

As far as I can tell, only Best Buy has these available yet. Been checking Amazon all day and I don't see anything about the promotion.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& I guess I should note in my link, it's just the 3DS version they're selling, which doesn't include the Wii U version, as that's its own code as well (you get two codes for buying an amiibo, it seems).

Cindro

Hmm - I wonder how heavily discounted Harvest Moon will be. I'd probably check it out if it were under $10. Love the series, but I've heard nothing but problematic things about the most recent one.

maxcriden

Hmm - I wonder how heavily discounted Harvest Moon will be. I'd probably check it out if it were under $10. Love the series, but I've heard nothing but problematic things about the most recent one.

Everything on sale, via Cee Cee's blog on Natsume:

Anything particularly good? How's Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would recommend Yumi's Odd Odyssey, but only if you can't get it on Vita since that version runs smoother, has new/remixed stages, & includes the original Umihara Kawase on Super Famicom. But for $10, this is still fun if you want a physics puzzle platformer all about learning how to use the mechanics of swinging & such to its full potential.

Cindro

Everything on sale, via Cee Cee's blog on Natsume:

Anything particularly good? How's Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove?

Nice, thank you!

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is a very good HM game - but it's completely outclassed in every regard by Rune Factory 4. If you haven't played either, RF4 at full price is absolutely worth the $25 higher price tag than the sale on ANB. But like I said, ANB is still a worthwhile and satisfying life sim game - it's just that most people don't have the appetite for this style outside of one or two games per system, and if that's you then Animal Crossing and Rune Factory 4 are two of the best the genre has ever produced.

'Upgraded' my Majora's Mask N3DS XL today to the hugely superior design Hyrule Edition one.

I say 'upgraded' because sadly my MM one had an awesome IPS screen where as the new one has the shitty TN one. >_> So it was really a downgrade instead, tried swapping it at the store but they just give you blank stares and no help at all.

Why did you have to use two different screens Nintendo? Especially when one is so much worse. :|

Umibozu

Another recommendation for yumi's odd odyssey from me. Great game for anybody on the fence.
Also A-train, great simulation game. Lots of value.
Is Alphadia Genesis any good? Looks fun.
It's a generic rpg. Though if you know what you're getting into and the price is right for you, it isn't too bad. Very rpg-maker and very kemco style.

PtM

Banned
Makes no difference. The game doesn't support the circle pad. Only Revelations does.
And as a tangent, Revelations only has one, shitty FPS-like CPP control setup. Stabs itself on the door out when you're used to inverted camera controls.

Bittercup

And as a tangent, Revelations only has one, shitty FPS-like CPP control setup. Stabs itself on the door out when you're used to inverted camera controls.
Yes and on the new 3DS Revelations uses the inner buttons ZR/ZL instead of the outer L/R for aiming/shooting and no way to change that. Pretty unfortunate that there is only a single CPP profile and no customization options.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RE:R1 is best on the 3DS, even with the added features of the console versions. An incredible deal for 5 bucks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Random thought: So on a scale of "It'll never happen" & "what would be the point", what're the chances the Game Boy Camera could be added to the VC since the 3DS has a camera?

.........couldn't make use of the Game Boy Printer (which I still have), but it'd be an interesting (if not outdated) piece of GB history to revisit.

BooJoh

Random thought: So on a scale of "It'll never happen" & "what would be the point", what're the chances the Game Boy Camera could be added to the VC since the 3DS has a camera?

.........couldn't make use of the Game Boy Printer (which I still have), but it'd be an interesting (if not outdated) piece of GB history to revisit.

I'd say it's less likely than Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble making it to VC using the system's gyro. Which is to say it's likely entirely possible, but not at all probable. It would probably even be doable to have the Printer output saved to SD like they did with Pokemon Snap on Wii VC, but again, I don't think they'd bother, especially since so few people would actually buy GBCam on VC.

Not really on topic but don't want to create a thread just for this:

So I guess after 550+ hours of Smash and around 1,200 hours of total play time my 3DS XL seens to be at its limit.

Thanks to Smash, the analog came off back in August (had the system since June 2013, you can still play games just the top part is off) and R button stopped working sometimes since March 2015 (I know the blowing trick and it works perfectly atm) but the hinge on the right side has slowly started cracking. Looking online, it seems it may happen after 6 months but I didn't notice it until Dec 2015. And have noticed it got worse.

Its gotten to the point that when I close the system the cracked part comes off of the casing at each snap of the hinge. It goes back on when fully closed/opened.

Some sites said that opening from the middle will stop the hinge crack so I'll try that next time. But after an average of 4 opens and closings a day I guess it was bound to happen...

Since i care about my saves (Smash, MH4, Pokemon X, AC:NL, and Etrian IV are all digital) plus I love the activity log, I have decided to go ahead and get a New 3DS XL before something worse happens.

I was going to try and cheap out on a 2DS but seeing just how small the screens are and I love 3D so I decided against it. 3DS is my main system, so I'll do it.

Money is tight I'll have to trade in potentially all my old DS Pokemon games to have enough. And possibly just outright skip Pokken. Sucks but I don't want something worse happening to my XL before I can get a new one to trade.

Yeah...after typing all that this entire post seems kinda overdone lol.

Anywayz: I had a question: Don't have a pc but maybe can borrow one if I have to, but looking it up, there seems to be a partial transfer that transfers stuff locally like Activity Log, and save data, but not the games. It gives the option of redownloading the games and the save data stays intact. So it says. I have close to 32GB so transfering that locally I've heard could take like a day.

Now I want an opinion only from someone who has done the partial transfer since I'm paranoid as hell about my saves: Does it transfer all saves, including the saves that can't normally be backed up like Smash, MH4, AC:NL, Pokemon X, etc. all I would have to do is redownload them after the transfer? And Activity Log and everything makes it over right?

Just trying to find the best way to transfer the stuff. Because getting access to a pc is kinda difficult. If only they didn't switch to micro SD Cards. :mad:

I guess I could also delete most games manually and do local transfer while not deleting important games like Smash and RPGs to make it quicker.

After all this if somethings wrong with the new 3DS I'll probably have a mental breakdown. I mean, the circle pad will probably go eventually again since it sucks but besides that. Atleast for a couple years.

Sorry for the rambling. This whole saga has driven me insane. O_O

Top Bottom