• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2013

Dumb question re: Spotpass Puzzle piece. Is your SD card full or has the write protect switch enabled? Both of those could cause problems as the puzzle needs to download to the SD card.

also

Banned
Dumb question re: Spotpass Puzzle piece. Is your SD card full or has the write protect switch enabled? Both of those could cause problems as the puzzle needs to download to the SD card.

If you have write protection enabled, you will be warned when you boot your 3DS.

I also have trouble receiving new puzzle pieces; still haven't received the Fire Emblem one. I suspect this may have something to do with me changing regions quite a bit.

BooJoh

Man, I wish the US had this. I'm about to buy DK and would qualify.
Seriously. I already own every one of those games except AC, which I'll be getting at midnight the moment it hits. As for the poster with the dilemma, I'd definitely go with trying to sell the AC code. That game is probably going to have a higher digital adoption rate than pretty much any other game so far.

Argh, does anyone know how to force Spotpass to receive new puzzle pieces? Missing this latest Dillon one is driving me crazy

I already tried to turn off Spotpass and turn it back on and shutting my 3DS to try to force it that way, and I would get a notification saying there's a new puzzle - But nothing ever appears inside Mii plaza.. Sigh..

Double check the wireless switch to make sure your wifi is enabled, check something else like the web browser to ensure you're getting a good wifi connection, all the usual stuff. Sometimes I find that opening SwapNote and forcing a manual Send/Recieve check from the menu can trigger SpotPass updates.

Nintendo has to be learning from these sales and the $.30 Virtual Console games that people will buy an incredibly larger quantity of things when the price is so cheap. I've dropped so much money on the Wii U Virtual Console already because it's like, "Hey, it's only costing me a couple bucks!" Hopefully the sales will continue and we might even see lower prices on the next VC.

Shoyz

So, is Starship Damrey as good as I hear?

It's almost guaranteed to be half-off in a number of months.

Nintendo has to be learning from these sales and the $.30 Virtual Console games that people will buy an incredibly larger quantity of things when the price is so cheap. I've dropped so much money on the Wii U Virtual Console already because it's like, "Hey, it's only costing me a couple bucks!" Hopefully the sales will continue and we might even see lower prices on the next VC.

The 30cent VC titles are the only ones I bought, so I hope so too!

rjc571

Banned
So, is Starship Damrey as good as I hear?

As an adventure game it's mediocre. The puzzles are fairly simple and the setting is too small and cramped to really allow for any exploration. As an interactive novel it's pretty good. The atmosphere is top-notch and the story is pretty interesting and has a pretty damn awesome conclusion. Whether it's worth the $8 pricetag depends on how much value you place on atmosphere vs gameplay.

Qurupeke

As an adventure game it's mediocre. The puzzles are fairly simple and the setting is too small and cramped to really allow for any exploration. As an interactive novel it's pretty good. The atmosphere is top-notch and the story is pretty interesting and has a pretty damn awesome conclusion. Whether it's worth the $8 pricetag depends on how much value you place on atmosphere vs gameplay.

It's almost guaranteed to be half-off in a number of months.

Probably not until early next year, right before they roll out the Guild 03 stuff.
I see. A guy I know bought it and he was pretty impressed by it. I think I may buy it this summer, but I think that I'll wait for sale. 8€ is too much for it.

BriBri

The latest SIMPLE DL game (Vol. 13, 12 June, ¥600, 3DS) looks quite Crazy Taxi-ish...
tumblr_inline_mng5z9uia31rz9ifr.jpg

gerudoman

Are the Oracle games confirmed for the EU eShop this week? I guess so since they've said long ago that they would come out in late may, but their absence from the last EU ND is suspicious to say the least.

Oxx

Are the Oracle games confirmed for the EU eShop this week? I guess so since they've said long ago that they would come out in late may, but their absence from the last EU ND is suspicious to say the least.

Nintendo UK just tweeted about them.

Katsuragi

This week's European downloads:

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)
Ghosts'n Goblins (Capcom, NES VC) - €4.99 (€2.49, if you own Super Ghouls'n Ghosts. Ends June 6)
Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes) - €11.24 (normally €14.99, special offer ends June 6)
Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules) - €6.49 (Permanently lowered from €11.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (SEGA) - €39.99
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Nintendo, GBC VC) - €4.99 (Normally €5.99, special offer ends June 20)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Nintendo, GBC VC) - €4.99 (Normally €5.99, special offer ends June 20)
THE "DENPA" MEN 2: Beyond the Waves (Genius Sonority) - €9.99
SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition (Gamelion) - €1.99

Wii Shop Channel
King of Fighters 98' (D4 Enterprise, NeoGeo VC) - 900 Points

Yay! No Mega Man X for us! :( I was really looking forward to playing it this week.

I bought Castlevania: LOS - Mirror of Fate today, hoping I could get a good game and a third code for NoE's So Many Games promotion...

There was no code for some reason and the game isn't that good so far :(

Amalthea

Banned
I bought Castlevania: LOS - Mirror of Fate today, hoping I could get a good game and a third code for NoE's So Many Games promotion...

There was no code for some reason and the game isn't that good so far :(

Didn't have a code either for MoF. At least I liked the game. XD

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Where do you live ? Actually every 3DS games comes with a code - at least in countries that officially have a Club Nintendo.

Drago

How odd that Europe is sticking with 2 games a week while NA has finally moved on to 3 games a week. :/
edit: wow, only one VC game this week and it's a lousy game too. Sorry EU guys, but I guess it's sweet revenge for you guys keeping all the Picross to yourselves. ;)

Anyways, should I buy Kirby's Dream Course now to get KSS free, or should I save my money for MMX? I've never played MMX or Kirby's Dream Course, and I have multiple copies of KSS so a free copy isn't super intriguing...

Jucksalbe

Banned
Yay! No Mega Man X for us! :( I was really looking forward to playing it this week.

Ugh, why are we getting less and less VC games each week? I guess I shouldn't get excited anymore when stuff is announced for NA.
At least we've got the Oracle games this week.

Pumped for the Zelda duology. Perfect game(s) to keep me occupied until Animal Crossing rears its beautiful head. After that the atrocious 3DS VC can just go away, I got mine bitch.

Drago

The biggest problem with 3DS VC is the lack of several great GB/C games (especially so in NA, lagging bastards)

MGS Ghost Babel, MegaMan 2-5 and Xtreme 1-2, Donkey Kong Lands, Kirby Tilt (they can make it work), Dragon Quest 1-3, Pokemon, G&W Gallery 3, plus WL3, Kirby 2, Gator Pinball, Trip World, others in NA, among some other games I'm forgetting right now.

There's still quite a bit of the GB/C backlog to get through before I can move on to GBA, but Nintendo has their heads stuck up their asses and aren't trying to court these games for their service. At least WiiU VC is getting some good focus now...

Didn't have a code either for MoF. At least I liked the game. XD

I'll keep it for now and play some more, it might grow on me.

Where do you live ? Actually every 3DS games comes with a code - at least in countries that officially have a Club Nintendo.

Switzerland. Nintendo of Switzerland and our Club Nintendo were opened around the time Luigi's Mansion 2 was released, guess Castlevania was one of the last batches without code since LM2 and Fire Emblem had them. I contacted Nintendo, let's see what they have to say.

Heropon

The pace is definitely awful, having an above average game each six months is unacceptable. But the Oracles are so good... I might forgive Nintendo after all.

The pace is definitely awful, having an above average game each six months is unacceptable. But the Oracles are so good... I might forgive Nintendo after all.

Well yeah, outside the Pokemon games we're pretty much covered in terms of the big names. Time to move on Nintendo. Time to advance forwards.

Oracles, MM6 and Shantae within a month of each other makes it hard to complain about 3DS VC right now imo. Yeah there's a ton of stuff I want still, but this is a pretty amazing couple weeks.

Wii U VC has been surprisingly good SNES wise post launch too. Thanks Capcom/Kirby. :)

Japanese Wii VC was legendary.

My gut assumption is that messy licensing is less of a problem in Japan?

Or they just like older gamer more than we do.
Depends which games you're talking about. Nintendo is capable of releasing every single game they own the rights to. Smaller companies are not.

Well yeah, outside the Pokemon games we're pretty much covered in terms of the big names. Time to move on Nintendo. Time to advance forwards.
US still needs Wario 3 and Kirby 2 first. There's several other Nintendo games I'd also like to see too (Mario Tennis, Kirby TnT, Pokémon Puzzle Challenge) before Nintendo moves on.

They really suck ass at VC don't they?

Yes. Yes they do Mileena. Want to buy an overpriced Zelda 1 rom for the 4th time?

US still needs Wario 3 and Kirby 2 first. There's several other Nintendo games I'd also like to see too (Mario Tennis, Kirby TnT, Pokémon Puzzle Challenge) before Nintendo moves on.

Yeah but that's NoA fuckery and fairly niche titles. GBA time, mofucka. And weirdly enough, bringing in GBA doesn't mean they need to stop supporting GB. They can multitask, bizarre as it might seem to them.

Oracles, MM6 and Shantae within a month of each other makes it hard to complain about 3DS VC right now imo. Yeah there's a ton of stuff I want still, but this is a pretty amazing couple weeks.
After those, my main wants will (still) be Wario 3 and Game & Watch 3.

It is a shame that the smaller companies aren't tapping into the great obscure library on Game Boy, but that's almost expected too. I mean, what is Namco's incentive to release Great Greed? They already put Pac-Man up, their job is done as far as they are concerned.

Heropon

Wii U VC has been surprisingly good SNES wise post launch too. Thanks Capcom/Kirby. :)

Not to be picky, but I don't like how Nintendo operates sometimes:

Droooooought - All the games - Drooooooought

Luckily, 2013 seems to have a consistent schedule of retail 3DS games.

Mileena

Banned

You're acting like they HAVE to get your whole definition of "good" GB/NES games before they move on to a relevant platform. They could easily put N64 games on Wii U or SNES games on 3DS but they don't because they're inept.

serplux

You're acting like they HAVE to get your whole definition of "good" GB/NES games before they move on to a relevant platform. They could easily put N64 games on Wii U or SNES games on 3DS but they don't because they're inept.

Nah, they just like milking that 8-bit cow.

Regardless, they're going to have to do something with the 3DS VC, considering that they're only half a year away from filling up the Famicom VC library in Japan.

I'm acting this way because they ARE inept. ;)

I dunno why N64 isn't present yet. NST handles N64 VC (SPD does NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA) so maybe they're the issue? Probably not, probably just dumb timing/scheduling, but there is a different team doing N64 anyway.

kubus

I literally just finished Denpa Men, and this week Denpa Men 2 AND the Oracle series is dropping?

Looks like I have to buy some eShop cards.

Also considering buying Liberation Maiden since it's on sale.

I am never beating my 3DS backlog, ever.

Refuse to buy Denpa 2 until I've cleared Denpa 1. Same goes for Dillon 2, whenever that rears its head in EU.

I agree, when the Wii VC launched, Zelda 1 can't have sold much compared to LttP.

Top Bottom