• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2013

Is there really just an 80p saving on Denpa Men...
It should be 20% off so thats not right. This reminds me, could someone check the price in Euros. I'm guessing lazy NOE just did 8*0.8=6.4-0.01=6.39.

If it is 10% off in Euros then they just messed up. But if it is Euro 6.39 then is proves NOE have to manually enter the prices and the person entering the UK price was not thinking. In other words there is not a magic sale button they can hit in their content management system (which is what I guess Steam and GoG has given thousands of games go on sale in their big sales).

One to notify the customer services about. By the time they reply (if they reply) the sale of course will be over...

JoV

Another week of firing up the eShop and hoping Bit Trip Runner 2 is out in Oz.

Another week of disappointment ):

also

Banned
It should be 20% off so thats not right. This reminds me, could someone check the price in Euros. I'm guessing lazy NOE just did 8*0.8=6.4-0.01=6.39.

If it is 10% off in Euros then they just messed up. But if it is Euro 6.39 then is proves NOE have to manually enter the prices and the person entering the UK price was not thinking. In other words there is not a magic sale button they can hit in their content management system (which is what I guess Steam and GoG has given thousands of games go on sale in their big sales).

One to notify the customer services about. By the time they reply (if they reply) the sale of course will be over...

Denpa 1 is 6,39€.

Oxx

I was hoping for a Denpa Men sale to coincide with the second game. But maybe something a little more generous.

Atmej is right, the price in Euros is €6.39 from €7.99 which is 20%.
With the UK price reducing from £7.19 to £6.39 the saving is only 11%, 20% would be £5.69.
In the US it's 20% off too ($7.99 from $9.99).

Who do we tell?
I want to buy it but I'm not paying more (no matter how trivial an amount) due to their cock-up.

Wiz

Nintendo just uploaded a trailer for MegaMan X on their YouTube channel.

I guess it's coming to Wii U eShop next week?

BooJoh

Has anyone here played Denpa Men 2 and know if you have to complete the first game before you can import your characters into the second?

The first one got a little monotonous at times so I still haven't beaten it. My characters are around level 25, but I have a couple I really like.

Kid Marin

Has anyone here played Denpa Men 2 and know if you have to complete the first game before you can import your characters into the second?
The website doesn't mention that you have to beat the first game to transfer your characters :
If you use a 3DS on which the previous game has been installed, you’ll be able to transfer your hero when you start the game for the first time.
Once you progress in the story a bit, the “Transfer Service” will open up in “Digitown,” the place where your hero lives.
This service will allow you to transfer your friends from the previous game.
Why not take your old buddies on a new adventure?
http://www.denpamen.com/

Roto13

I was going to ask this too. Seems like a no-brainer for Capcom, plus I think at least the first 2 also came out on Wiiware.

The first three came out on WiiWare, actually. It really works better as a portable game, though. It'd probably be smarter to port Ace Attorney HD to Vita.

I guess off-screen play would be cool, though.

The website doesn't mention that you have to beat the first game to transfer your characters :http://www.denpamen.com/

That is so cool! I love games where that happens :) Need to get to work on the first one then!

Oh, and

images

SOOOOON.

Who do we tell?
I want to buy it but I'm not paying more (no matter how trivial an amount) due to their cock-up.
There is the Nintendo UK customer services but they are not only outsourced but very slow. By the time they read the e-mail the sale will have ended 2 weeks ago.

This reminds me, what is the Russian price? I'm just curious if they messed up there too...639 Ruble would be like £13.50!

Aside from that the description of the @NintendoUK twitter account has the following in it:
Our apologies for not being able to respond to questions - we'll be listening!
So wait for them to promote the sale then reply about the price being wrong. NOA have already tweeted about the sale so I mentioned it there (and did tag @NintendoUK of course).

Zornica

Banned
That is so cool! I love games where that happens :) Need to get to work on the first one then!

Oh, and

images

SOOOOON.

I still own the originals, at least the manual and boxes. a friend lost both cards -_-
not sure if I should get the eshop version, or just get the gba cards again

Roto13

I guess there's no way to get to the Advance Shops in the VC versions of the Oracles games. Not too big a deal, but that means there's no way to get the GBA Time Ring or the GBA Nature Ring. Not that they actually do anything.

Chopper

I guess there's no way to get to the Advance Shops in the VC versions of the Oracles games. Not too big a deal, but that means there's no way to get the GBA Time Ring or the GBA Nature Ring. Not that they actually do anything.
My OCD tendencies are sad. :(

JazzmanZ

I wonder how many people even know the Advance shops exist :p

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just purchased donkey kong and unknowingly qualified for the following promo

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-3DS-So-Many-Games-Promotion/Overview/Overview-750393.html

but the thing is the only 3 games on that list that interest me are

Luigis mansion
fire emblem
donkey kong

guess which 3 I purchased already :(

I'd rather have cancer than a copy of animal crossing or pokemon. Any suggestions? ANyone know if the code can be traded?

Should be. You might like Castlevania though; it's much better than the shitty demo they released.

zychi

Banned

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-3DS-So-Many-Games-Promotion/Overview/Overview-750393.html

Luigis mansion
fire emblem
donkey kong

I'd rather have cancer than a copy of animal crossing or pokemon. Any suggestions? ANyone know if the code can be traded?

Man, I wish the US had this. I'm about to buy DK and would qualify.

Luigis mansion
fire emblem
donkey kong

You get a code via mail, so you could sell or trade it... or gift it to someone. Depending on the price I'd be happy to take Animal Crossing.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
just read terms and conditions and the code would be valid on any 3ds. I'm sure a lot of people probably want new leaf and would be willing to do some kind of trade, can games be gifted on nintendo e-shop?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
just read terms and conditions and the code would be valid on any 3ds. I'm sure a lot of people probably want new leaf and would be willing to do some kind of trade, can games be gifted on nintendo e-shop?

....nope, Wii is the only Nintendo system with a gifting feature for now.

ohNOitsRO

Argh, does anyone know how to force Spotpass to receive new puzzle pieces? Missing this latest Dillon one is driving me crazy

I already tried to turn off Spotpass and turn it back on and shutting my 3DS to try to force it that way, and I would get a notification saying there's a new puzzle - But nothing ever appears inside Mii plaza.. Sigh..

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
....nope, Wii is the only Nintendo system with a gifting feature for now.

haha wtf....

so uh... I'm sort of screwed unless I can just sell my code? I guess Ill just offer it to someone for a couple bucks off the new leaf price once new leaf drops.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
haha wtf....

so uh... I'm sort of screwed unless I can just sell my code? I guess Ill just offer it to someone for a couple bucks off the new leaf price once new leaf drops.

Why would you be screwed ? Selling the code is way more convenient and there will be enough people that wanna get a cheaper digital copy of a game like Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem. Choose a popular game code and sell it for 25€ - WIN.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you be screwed ? Selling the code is way more convenient and there will be enough people that wanna get a cheaper digital copy of a game like Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem. Choose a popular game code and sell it for 25€ - WIN.

yeah true, might just try sell it in the donkey kong thread I guess.

serplux

Supposedly, Nintendo is working on adding the gifting feature on the eShop again, but that would be near the end of this year.

zroid

Banned
Argh, does anyone know how to force Spotpass to receive new puzzle pieces? Missing this latest Dillon one is driving me crazy

I already tried to turn off Spotpass and turn it back on and shutting my 3DS to try to force it that way, and I would get a notification saying there's a new puzzle - But nothing ever appears inside Mii plaza.. Sigh..

Did you try opening Mii Plaza? Usually for me that does it. A few seconds afterwards, the blue notification light pops up.

I think it automatically does a SpotPass check whenever it's started.

ohNOitsRO

Did you try opening Mii Plaza? Usually for me that does it. A few seconds afterwards, the blue notification light pops up.

I think it automatically does a SpotPass check whenever it's started.

Yup, I've left it there open for a couple of minutes and nothing :( no new piece

Top Bottom