• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2013

Murrah

Banned
Is Kirby Super Star any good? I might get it as it's only 6 euros...

I know plenty people have already answered, but I just needed to emphasize. Yes, best Kirby hands down, but there's more. I'd say it's one of the best games on a system known for having an absurd amount of incredible games, but it somehow manages to overlooked by most people. It's also one of my personal favorite coop games to boot

And if pure quality doesn't sell you, it's also a really interesting history piece, as the game is pretty much the main inspiration for Smash Bros. in numerous ways, as well as being, in my opinion, the first of Sakurai's games to really display what he values as a game developer (namely, tons of content and options for the player)

Only reason not to get it is if you can get a good deal on the awesome DS remake

SuperSah

Banned
Out of interest, does anyone have any spare EU codes for Luigi's Mansion, Lego City, Castlevania, Mystery dungeon?

I need one and I can swap back a Pokémon White 2 code for one.

Roto13

So far, it feels like Nintendo realizes that simply releasing Virtual Console games isn't that exciting since most of the good ones are on the Wii VC already. The sales are a good way to get people excited for VC games. A better way would be to release some stuff that hasn't been released before, especially more imports.

Basically, I want Mario's Super Picross so give it to me now please.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So far, it feels like Nintendo realizes that simply releasing Virtual Console games isn't that exciting since most of the good ones are on the Wii VC already. The sales are a good way to get people excited for VC games. A better way would be to release some stuff that hasn't been released before, especially more imports.

Basically, I want Mario's Super Picross so give it to me now please.

If they can make the deals they still have a few exciting Wii U exclusives like Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma, MMX3, Yoshi's Island, Star Fox, MM 6.

radcliff

Hopefully Capcom does the B2G1 free deal with the SNES Street Fighter 2 games. Get them all out there at once (not dragging out their release) and at reduced prices (when bought in a bundle).

And a defininte "YES!" to imports. Terranigma, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Tales of Phantasia, please!

Camjo-Z

Kirby deal is up, time to spend the day sucking at Dream Course yet again!

EDIT: Also can confirm that upgrading a game to Wii U counts towards the deal.

Roto13

Hopefully Capcom does the B2G1 free deal with the SNES Street Fighter 2 games. Get them all out there at once (not dragging out their release) and at reduced prices (when bought in a bundle).

And a defininte "YES!" to imports. Terranigma, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Tales of Phantasia, please!

They don't import anything they actually have to localize. There really needs to be an SD3 port or remake or something, though.

Robin64

Kirby Super Star is a no-brainer. 60hz in Europe and all that content!

zlCfzQ_gb8oklXyWka

GeekyDad

Is Project X Zone a turn-based RPG? It looks mad from the youtube clips!

Of sorts. Like Fire Emblem but the combat is mainly you attacking.
It is mad. Mad fun!

Aside from the premise of it kinda being an SRPG (which it kinda really isn't, only in the same skin-deep sense that the Devil Survivor games are SRPGs), it seems to battle almost identically to the SRT OG Saga game for DS. And I always compared that game to something similar to the Mario & Luigi RPGs -- turn-based but with real-time participation of the player. You have to time your attacks and supports (etc.) to chain long, over-the-top combos. It's a lot of fun.

steveovig

I might just end up using the Kirby deal to upgrade even though I despise Dream Course and would prefer to use my Wii save for DL3 since I haven't beaten it. But I can get all 3 for $3, so I can't pass that up. Also, I have Super Star DS and the Kirby Collection SNES version! I'm a sucker I guess.

serplux

Nintendo has yet to release the following Famicom games on 3DS VC that they released on the Wii VC in Japan:

Baseball
Gomoku Narabe Renju
Ice Hockey
Pinball
Soccer
Tennis
Wario's Woods (coming next week)
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Adventures of Lolo 2
Famicom Mukashibanashi: Shin Onigashima
Volleyball
Mach Rider
Joy Mech Fight
Nazo no Murasame Jō
Smash Ping Pong
Clu Clu Land: Welcome to New Clu Clu Land

...so yeah, not a whole lot left.

steveovig

Nintendo, where are my Genesis, N64, TG16, etc. games at? Please tell me you won't be stopping with NES and SNES. Where are those GBA games you talked about? Please understand that we've been patient all these years.

rawk

I totally forgot about the digital deluxe program thing for months, until just now. I checked it, and I am on the verge of having 10 bucks to spend in the eshop. I approve of this program.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have DKCR and tell you it's worth it as it's portable and feels better on the 3DS.

Project X Zone is like Fire Emblem indeed. Imagine Fire Emblem but the ability to actually fight and brilliantly over the top action.
I'll get DKCR3D then, though not right now (it's tempting, though...).

If I want to get started in my first SRPG ever, should I get FE or Project X Zone? I'm inclining towards the former, if only because I liked the demo.

Glass Rebel

Nintendo has yet to release the following Famicom games on 3DS VC that they released on the Wii VC in Japan:

Baseball
Gomoku Narabe Renju
Ice Hockey
Pinball
Soccer
Tennis
Wario's Woods (coming next week)
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Adventures of Lolo 2
Famicom Mukashibanashi: Shin Onigashima
Volleyball
Mach Rider
Joy Mech Fight
Nazo no Murasame Jō
Smash Ping Pong
Clu Clu Land: Welcome to New Clu Clu Land

...so yeah, not a whole lot left.

The bolded won't come over either way. I'm very interested in checking out Nazo no Murasame Jo out though.

Project X Zone demo was pretty neat. Didn't realise the combat was involved like that, though I was mostly kinda just mashing and watching cool stuff happen. The sprites are gorgeous, and it was nice to see my girl Ulala again. Properly hyped for the full game now.

Finally finished up the Link's Awakening game I started a couple years back in the lead up to OoT3D last night too. All ready for next week's Oracle dump now.

bon

I already had Kirby 3 and Dream Course on Wii VC, so I just got the Wii U versions of those plus Super Star for 3 bucks. Good deal.

RedSwirl

How good is Excitebike? Never played it before and I'm thinking of blowing the 150 Club Nintendo coins on it. I'd like to know tonight too because I have a road trip coming up.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
How good is Excitebike? Never played it before and I'm thinking of blowing the 150 Club Nintendo coins on it. I'd like to know tonight too because I have a road trip coming up.

It's Excitebike, it won't last you very long, but it's a fun little diversion. If you want a 3D classic that will last any length go with either Kirby or Kid Icarus.

zroid

Banned

As a 3D Classic, it's really well-done. As a game... it's ok. I think it gets old quickly, but it's fun for awhile.

The fact that upgrading counts has me tempted, I already own Dream Course so I could basically get all three for 9.50 which isn't half bad. I still do own the collection so it comes down to is off screen play on the game pad worth it.

Just checked Gunman Clive on the Japanese store, and it's got 63 reviews with a 5 star average. 49 5 star reviews and 11 4 star. It's #16 on the recent games chart.

Katsuragi

Kirby Super Star is so much fun! Was The Great Cave Offensive the main inspiration for Kirby & the Amazing Mirror? They're quite similiar in some aspects.
Having fought against the one boss encounter which pays homage to classic role-playing games, I'd love to play a Kirby RPG! :D
I also had a blast with Revenge of Meta Knight and Samurai Kirby. Next on the list is Milky Way Wishes! :)

evanmisha

Got Super Star from Club Nintendo a few months ago, upgraded it today, bought Dream Land 3, then got Dream Course for free.

Good day.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Wasn't Monster World IV by Sega translated for Wii VC? There is a precedent for it.

Sega also released the only VC games with online play (SF2:SCE for Mega Drive, plus Puyo for VC Arcade in Japan). They've always treated the VC more seriously than any other publisher, and last time I checked the Wii VC had more releases from Sega than anyone else, including Nintendo.

Project X Zone is really good! :D

Being dropped into the middle of the demo is like wait what to start with (a lot going on) but it soon becomes fun.

Fans of the genre or those that can appreciate the ridiculous amounts of references and cameos etc from all the different games are in for a treat I think. Maybe its just my love from Fire Emblem seeping over but I'm excited.

donny2112

Haven't bought any 3DS downloadable titles in a while, so the two week combination of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Animal Crossing will be a good change of pace.

If anyone likes Metroidvania-lite games and isn't put off by cutesy characters, Bloody Vampire (no blood in the game, from what I recall) would be a good fit. Interesting fight mechanics and no map, so a bit of old-school "have to remember where that was later" difficulty. Nothing too frustrating, though, and good 3-5 hours if you want to find everything. :)

Top Bottom