• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2013

joedick

Looks like this week's VC for NA will be Uncharted Waters for Wii U and River City Ransom on 3DS. I know these will make some people cranky, but it's nice to see obscure games still have a home on the service.

Also great to see sales on VC games! I know it's not unprecedented, but it's been so rare. I hope they keep them coming!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Hey guys. Sorry about the lack of updates these past few months...

Things have been pretty hectic in my life lately. Everything's fine! But I'm finding myself with less and less time to visit and post on GAF with each passing day.

With that said, I'm passing the Nintendo Downloads torch ahead to whomever wants to take it. I don't have the time to keep threads like these up to date like I've been doing for the past... Two years? Anyway: this community deserves an up to date resource, but I'm not the one anymore.

Thanks for the support, guys. I feel like there's some kind of Nintendo Downloads community around here, and it's always fun reading through these threads. You guys are really helpful to each other and there's a lot less hate in here than in the rest of the board.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Good man Brazil, thanks for all the hard work!

Jet Rocket II is crack, download it btw!

I nominate L~A for new torch bearer

you like making threads, and you have the highest post count in this one :p

donny2112

We need a Wiki-like OP like CAG has available. That way a group of people could keep the OP up-to-date.

Thanks for all the hard work, Brazil! Hopefully the busyness in real life is a good kind. :)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Things have been pretty hectic in my life lately. Everything's fine! But I'm finding myself with less and less time to visit and post on GAF with each passing day.

With that said, I'm passing the Nintendo Downloads torch ahead to whomever wants to take it. I don't have the time to keep threads like these up to date like I've been doing for the past... Two years? Anyway: this community deserves an up to date resource, but I'm not the one anymore.

Thanks for the support, guys. I feel like there's some kind of Nintendo Downloads community around here, and it's always fun reading through these threads. You guys are really helpful to each other and there's a lot less hate in here than in the rest of the board.

Thanks for all of your past (and hard) work man, you've truly done a great job and, carrying the baton from good old Cosmonaut-X, a much appreciated effort in giving Nintendo's digital offerings some of the attention they deserved when hardly anyone was paying attention to Wiiware/DSiware obscure gems... and it was almost fun, well or at least more bearable, playing the waiting game for Virtual Console releases thanks to your threads.
Farewell :)

edit: curious to see who'll be up to the task now, who wants to carry the torch? :)

All the best Brazil, I still remember when you took over from Cosmonaut X, back when I used to just read Gaf and not post on here, hard to believe its been 2 years. I wouldn't mind putting my hand up to do this, not sure exactly how much work goes into it all, but would been keen to find out and see if I can do it.

Thank you for all the work! I love these threads, very informative and, as you say, friendly!
I hope a successor will appear soon!

Dash Kappei

Nintendo Direct only mentioned WiiU for Shovel Knight, what gives?? Wasn't it supposed to come out on 3DS too?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Thanks for the good work, Brazil! Good luck with your real life businesses, then :D

About "Who's Brazil successor?", maaaaaaybe I could, but I don't know. It's true I'm already the one who creates the eShop charts threads, but...I have to think about it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Thanks for all the kind words, guys :)

But anyway, just to clarify: I'm not going anywhere. We'll still suffer through Nintendo's new/old Virtual Console release schedule together, haha!

donny2112

I would love to step in and help maintain these.

For whoever steps in, a bi-monthly (like the eShop charts) or quarterly thread might be easier to handle. That way, there's only clamoring for a new thread once every 2-3 months. Also while Brazil has a ton of stuff in his OP, we could get by with just the releases/prices/release dates in each of the three territories from the weekly updates. Expected new releases could just be something discussed within the threads themselves.

In short, don't feel you have to step in and do as thorough an OP as Brazil, if that's a little intimidating to you.

Dash Kappei

Thanks for all the kind words, guys :)

But anyway, just to clarify: I'm not going anywhere.

Oh, so you've just become lazy then, gotcha.

:p lol, that much was clear from your post don't worry, we still want you here, suffering just like the lot of us

Well, after Brazil it'd be right and well for Mpl90 to be on duty: it would only make sense, considering that we've just heard Calciobit is coming to eShop (as "Nintendo Pocket Football", also more Inazuma Eleven as well), there's the FIFA WC this June in Brazil and Italy is definitely going to be penthacampeón. Right? Makes perfect sense.

cacildo

Since im really really tired of seeing 2d indie games, that "indie games reel" from yesterday´s nintendo direct was pretty lame (for me)

zroid

Banned
Thank you Brazil. :)

You know, the only reason I'm sure no one offered to make the threads earlier is because you've always done such an amazing job. Feels like anyone else would be inadequate.

zigg

You know, the only reason I'm sure no one offered to make the threads earlier is because you've always done such an amazing job. Feels like anyone else would be inadequate.
I don't think this is helping push anyone who might be considering taking up the mantle. 😄

zroid

Banned
I'm also just going to throw this idea out there -- might it be easier henceforth for there to be two OPs, each to keep either the Americas or Europe up-to-date?

The format could be changed slightly. The Americas OP is in charge of creating the thread and ensuring the Europe OP is available at that time to make the follow-up post. The weekly PR and upcoming releases sections can be integrated into their own regions instead of being in a separate post. Then the Europe OP has the responsibility of posting all the (mostly static) additional information below the content updates. He can also maintain the various system firmware info.

Does that sound like a better and less intimidating system to anyone? Note that I'm not actually volunteering to do this myself (although... I might. We'll see...), it's just a suggestion to maybe make the transition easier.

I don't think this is helping push anyone who might be considering taking up the mantle. ��

Haha you know it's true though! :p

Hiccup

Banned
For whoever steps in, a bi-monthly (like the eShop charts) or quarterly thread might be easier to handle. That way, there's only clamoring for a new thread once every 2-3 months. Also while Brazil has a ton of stuff in his OP, we could get by with just the releases/prices/release dates in each of the three territories from the weekly updates. Expected new releases could just be something discussed within the threads themselves.

In short, don't feel you have to step in and do as thorough an OP as Brazil, if that's a little intimidating to you.

I have so much downtime at work that maintaining this thread would be perfectly do-able for me. I just need the source code for the OP so I can make it exactly how it is and where to obtain the press releases.

Roto13

BRAZIL IS DYING OH MY GOD THIS IS SO SAD
Looks like this week's VC for NA will be Uncharted Waters for Wii U and River City Ransom on 3DS. I know these will make some people cranky, but it's nice to see obscure games still have a home on the service.

These are two really good games. I don't know why people would be cranky. :p Unless they were expecting Link to the Past before Link Between Worlds. Which is why I'm cranky. Grr.

Chrom

I'd like to voice that I like the idea of making the threads quarterly and perhaps even divvying them up by region.

Weng

I'm also just going to throw this idea out there -- might it be easier henceforth for there to be two OPs, each to keep either the Americas or Europe up-to-date?

The format could be changed slightly. The Americas OP is in charge of creating the thread and ensuring the Europe OP is available at that time to make the follow-up post. The weekly PR and upcoming releases sections can be integrated into their own regions instead of being in a separate post. Then the Europe OP has the responsibility of posting all the (mostly static) additional information below the content updates. He can also maintain the various system firmware info.

Does that sound like a better and less intimidating system to anyone? Note that I'm not actually volunteering to do this myself (although... I might. We'll see...), it's just a suggestion to maybe make the transition easier.
btw: There are also these two threads: Wii U eshop Games and Wii U Virtual Console - News and Releases

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thanks, Brazil, for all the hard work you did on these threads!

But I don't think it would a good idea to separate the thread by region. Having the first two posts by two different people probably wouldn't work very well (since those would be two people from two different regions, it'd make it hard to coordinate). And for two seperate threads there just isn't enough different content. Making it a quarterly thread might be a good idea, though on the other hand, that'd probably make less people look at the OP.

Edit: Mega Man X2 is up (in Europe), btw.

sörine

Banned
BRAZIL IS DYING OH MY GOD THIS IS SO SAD

These are two really good games. I don't know why people would be cranky. :p Unless they were expecting Link to the Past before Link Between Worlds. Which is why I'm cranky. Grr.
I'm not cranky but I am a little dissapointed to not get Mega Man X2 yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd like to voice that I like the idea of making the threads quarterly and perhaps even divvying them up by region.
Agreed, it'd make it easier to have it so a new thread every 3 months only has to be made about 4 times a year (not to mention it's not like we get anywhere near the max amount of posts for a thread with these), plus US & EU can discuss games coming to their region easier.

L~A

Well, this thread was always the n°1 place I checked each monday for DL titles. Thanks for making it every month!

Good man Brazil, thanks for all the hard work!

Jet Rocket II is crack, download it btw!

I nominate L~A for new torch bearer

you like making threads, and you have the highest post count in this one :p

How do you know that? (Serious question)

I wouldn't mind taking care of the Nintendo Download theads in the future (I was actually gonna volunteer even before Brazil's message), but looks like some people already volunteered, so I dunno.

Just let me know! I actually got some ideas to simplify the thread (would still be a monthly thread, though!).

Thanks, Brazil, for all the hard work you did on these threads!

But I don't think it would a good idea to separate the thread by region. Having the first two posts by two different people probably wouldn't work very well (since those would be two people from two different regions, it'd make it hard to coordinate). And for two seperate threads there just isn't enough different content. Making it a quarterly thread might be a good idea, though on the other hand, that'd probably make less people look at the OP.

Edit: Mega Man X2 is up (in Europe), btw.

I agree with this. Separated threads would be a terrible idea in my opinion.

Big update today. Sonic lost world demo, finally.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - NOV. 14, 2013

Nov. 14, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U™
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games™ – Join your favorite characters like Mario™, Sonic, Princess Peach™ and Amy, as they team up and compete in the most exciting sports events at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. Compete in 24 thrilling events, including Bobsleigh, Skiing, Figure Skating Pairs and even Snowboard Slopestyle, which will make its Olympic debut in Sochi, Russia. Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games will be available on Nov. 15.

Zumba® Fitness World Party – Take your workout to Brazil, Hawaii and beyond in this fitness-filled journey packed with exotic rhythms and culture from around the world. Expand your horizons with more than 40 high-energy routines, 30 calorie-burning dance styles and a red-hot soundtrack. Transform your at-home workout into a rockin' global fitness party! Zumba® Fitness World Party will be available on Nov. 19.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! – Princess Bubblegum summons Finn and Jake to the Candy Kingdom to investigate a rash of thefts and kidnappings that have plagued her kingdom. She thinks the cause lies within her Secret Royal Dungeon, where only the nastiest monsters and criminals are locked up. If they find a way to escape, the Land of Ooo will be in danger! Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! will be available on Nov. 19.

Virtual Console™ on Nintendo 3DS
River City Ransom™ – In the classic NES™ game River City Ransom, it's up to our heroes, Alex and Ryan, to save Cyndi and free River City from the clutches of Slick and his underlings. Battle it out on the streets solo, or with a friend via two-player Download Play!

Nintendo eShop Sale
Your Favorite Gaming Friends – On Sale Now – Nintendo is offering a series of character-themed discounts this holiday season, starting today with Link™. Now through 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 21, save at least 30 percent on The Legend of Zelda™ on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and The Legend of Zelda™: Link's Awakening DX™ on Nintendo 3DS. Be sure to visit the Nintendo eShop each Thursday to see which character is featured in the next group of discounted games.

Also new this week:
• Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Available Nov. 19
• Barbie™ Dreamhouse Party™ (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Available Nov. 19
• Barbie™ Dreamhouse Party™ (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available Nov. 19
• Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver™ (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
• Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver™ (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Sonic Lost World™ – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
• Sonic Lost World™ – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Uncharted Waters™: New Horizons (Virtual Console on Wii U)
• Frozen Olaf's Quest (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available Nov. 19
• Girls' Fashion Shoot (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Secret Mysteries in New York (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• SENRAN KAGURA Burst (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• World Conqueror 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Word Wizard 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Deer Drive Legends (WiiWare™) – Available Nov. 19

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadb0h7f4s9.php.

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles weekly to the Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system as well as the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos. Users can add money to their account balance by using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii U eShop or the Nintendo 3DS eShop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.

cacildo

Nintendo eShop Sale
Your Favorite Gaming Friends – On Sale Now – Nintendo is offering a series of character-themed discounts this holiday season, starting today with Link™. Now through 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 21, save at least 30 percent on The Legend of Zelda™ on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and The Legend of Zelda™: Link's Awakening DX™ on Nintendo 3DS. Be sure to visit the Nintendo eShop each Thursday to see which character is featured in the next group of discounted games.

i did check the page with the discounts - http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

its really nothing special... these games will be club nintendo rewards someday (and even so i dont think ill get em). I dont really need to buy em right now just because its $1 cheaper

If they were talking about real discounts on ALTTP or MM, then it would be something worthy of attention....

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So many releases this week.
...Hey, Sonic demo as well! Maybe we Europeans will get it next week!

Murrah

Banned
Ooooh, Sonic demo on Wii U. Really looking forward to that since I decided to hold off on buying it for a bit, hope I'm in the camp that's likes it

sakipon

Agreed, it'd make it easier to have it so a new thread every 3 months only has to be made about 4 times a year (not to mention it's not like we get anywhere near the max amount of posts for a thread with these), plus US & EU can discuss games coming to their region easier.

I'd like regional threads. Sometimes it's confusing when there's discussion of an upcoming game with no mention of where it's going to be released.

zroid

Banned
I'd like regional threads. Sometimes it's confusing when there's discussion of an upcoming game with no mention of where it's going to be released.

That seems a bit extreme... it would be a shame to cleave our community in two, when the majority of games release in both regions simultaneously.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Without Brazil making a new thread, we're just going to forever post in this one, aren't we.

I'm confident that when it's time for the December thread, we will have found an agreement on who's doing it and how. I don't think it makes any sense to start a new November thread by now.

Top Bottom