• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2013

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Ok, some ultra brief impressions of korg M01D:
  • sounds superb (I don't know how good the original's sounbank was, but this one is really good)
  • does midi export (haven't tried it yet, but it's in the main menu)
  • does some form of online tune exchange - upload and download, but by the time I looked nothing was available for download.
  • does the traditional local wifi exchange
  • does the kaosspad
Other than that it's quite a minimalistic recreation of the M01D (from what I've read online about the original - never seen one in person). My overall impression it is a tad overpriced for what it does. In this regard DS10 is a far more complex product, and comes at the same price, IIRC.

Kenka

Ok, some ultra brief impressions of korg M01D:
  • sounds superb (I don't know how good the original's sounbank was, but this one is really good)
  • does midi export (haven't tried it yet, but it's in the main menu)
  • does some form of online tune exchange - upload and download, but by the time I looked nothing was available for download.
  • does the traditional local wifi exchange
  • does the kaosspad
Other than that it's quite a minimalistic recreation of the M01D (from what I've read online about the original - never seen one in person). My overall impression it is a tad overpriced for what it does. In this regard DS10 is a far more complex product, and comes at the same price, IIRC.
Care to tell us a bit more ? How does it compare to its predecessor on DS more precisely ? What's missing, what's new ?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Care to tell us a bit more ? How does it compare to its predecessor on DS more precisely ? What's missing, what's new ?

(Not an expert) Seems to be missing the cable patching screen.

korg_ds10_plus_screen03.jpg

or this screen with all the knobs.

Korg+DS-10+Plus+main+screen+and+synth+edit.jpg

or this screen where you play various patterns.

59236922_640.jpg

JoeM86

This week in Europe

Wii U Virtual Console
Mega Man X2 (€7.99/£5.49)

3DS
Picross e3 (€5.00/£4.50)
Madagascar 3 & The Croods: COMBO PACK (€34.99/£28.49)
My Vet Practice 3D - In the Country (€29.99/£24.99)
Secret Agent Files: Miami (€7.99/£6.99)
Wakedas (€2.99/£2.50)

Price Cuts
3DS: escapeVektor - €6.99/£5.99 (Permanent, was €10.00/£8.99)
Wii U: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft) - €44.99/£36.99 (Permanent, was €69.99/£55.99)

L~A

Pretty meh week for me, but cool to see Mega Man X-2 and Picross e3.

That Splinter Cell price-cut! O_O That should've been its launch price.

Indeed. And it's been like that on Uplay for a few days, I believe.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
X2 - Well shit, I'll take that.

Where the hell is Brazil and the November thread?

YES! Mega Man X2 motherfuckers (assuming the US gets it, which is almost always the case)! Mega Man is my favorite franchise, but I am not familiar at all with MMX2 and X3, so I am excited.

And I thought I wouldn't have something to play on Wii U until 3D World.

This week in Europe

Wii U Virtual Console
Mega Man X2 (€7.99/£5.49)

3DS
Picross e3 (€5.00/£4.50)
Madagascar 3 & The Croods: COMBO PACK (€34.99/£28.49)
My Vet Practice 3D - In the Country (€29.99/£24.99)
Secret Agent Files: Miami (€7.99/£6.99)
Wakedas (€2.99/£2.50)

Price Cuts
3DS: escapeVektor - €6.99/£5.99 (Permanent, was €10.00/£8.99)
Wii U: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Ubisoft) - €44.99/£36.99 (Permanent, was €69.99/£55.99)

Yes.

Edit: @ Splinter cell, should have been the launch price.

GulAtiCa

Mega Man X2 in Europe? Hopefully comes to States as well.

And escapeVektor is really good guys. Pick it up at that price!

Kenka

59236922_640.jpg
30 bucks is a bit too much to test waters. But... hell, I pull the trigger. Thank you much.

kramer

59236922_640.jpg

Korg DS-10 and Korg M01D are different products - both excellent.

DS-10 is a synth, with a limited pattern based sequencer. Steeper learning curve/infinite control over the sound.

M01D is a sequencer with lots of classic sounds, more tracks and patterns, but with limited synth tools. Simpler to learn/limited control over specific sounds.

M10D is an excellent app for beginners who would like to use a sequencer or a nice-workflow for more experienced users, with export to midi.

Chrom

Not sure how recent this is or if anyone else noticed, but I see that they added Super Mario Bros. 3 to the Future Releases section on the NA 3DS eShop and it now has its own page. Same goes for Mario Party.

L~A

Well, there's already a page for Bravely Default in Europe (44.99€, yup : /), so I'm not sure how many weeks ago they games to the Nintendo eShop. Maybe it's a sign it's coming soon? What with the Direct tomorrow, they could announce it again... Maybe.

Gambit

Well, there's already a page for Bravely Default in Europe (44.99€, yup : /), so I'm not sure how many weeks ago they games to the Nintendo eShop. Maybe it's a sign it's coming soon? What with the Direct tomorrow, they could announce it again... Maybe.

It's coming on December 6th. Was that in doubt?

Just two mins ago, I looked at the amazon pre-oder page again. click

I honestly don't know what version of Mario 3 I would get if they decided to put both of them up at once.

Come on Nintendo do us a deal (somehow). >_<

Actually I have Wii points still to use so I would prolly get the Wii one and upgrade to Wii U..... but a portable take away from home version would be nice to have again too. :(

On the topic of Mario, why the heck haven't we seen Yoshi's Island on Wii U? I know we barely get anything let-a-lone cool new stuff but it was such a huge release they didn't get out on Wii, could be a big deal release for Wii U. Can they seriously still not figure out how to emulate the FX chip yet or something?

D-e-f-

Banned
On the topic of Mario, why the heck haven't we seen Yoshi's Island on Wii U? I know we barely get anything let-a-lone cool new stuff but it was such a huge release they didn't get out on Wii, could be a big deal release. Can they seriously still not figure out how to emulate the FX chip yet or something?

Even if they had it figured out, it would make way more sense to hold off on it until Yoshi's New Island releases on 3DS next year in the Year of Yoshi ;) (Yarn Yoshi gotta be coming next year, too).

Roto13

Salez

This week a sale on Zelda VC games. Then a Mega Man sale next week, then Mario, then Donkey Kong. Neat. Will probably buy Mario World. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, Nintendo actually TELLING us of deals before hand?!

I'd be amazed if Mega Man II for GB hit eShop next week to go with the sale, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

jmizzal

Salez

This week a sale on Zelda VC games. Then a Mega Man sale next week, then Mario, then Donkey Kong. Neat. Will probably buy Mario World. :p

Nice I gotta grab Zelda 1, I hope they put ALttP up tomorrow on WiiU and Mario 3 up on WiiU during the Mario sale even tho I just have to pay the upgrade from Wii

Salez

Maybe this means they'll have new VC releases in those series to go along with those sales? Maybe? Still waiting for A Link to the Past, Super Mario Bros 3, and any of the Donkey Kong Country games.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Korg DS-10 and Korg M01D are different products - both excellent.

DS-10 is a synth, with a limited pattern based sequencer. Steeper learning curve/infinite control over the sound.

M01D is a sequencer with lots of classic sounds, more tracks and patterns, but with limited synth tools. Simpler to learn/limited control over specific sounds.

M10D is an excellent app for beginners who would like to use a sequencer or a nice-workflow for more experienced users, with export to midi.

Thanks for the explanation. I swear I don't know why I get this stuff despite not knowing how to make any music.

Top Bottom