• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - Spring/Summer 2011 -- Final Fantasy VI (FFIII US) up on VC

jgkspsx

GB Qix was the only version of the game I've really loved, so I'm pretty OK with these. What the neck is Fortified Zone, though?

OMG Aero

Has anyone got any impressions of Qix? I have the 3D version of it on PSN and that's pretty cool, so I was thinking of getting the VC version of it to have a nice little score attack game for my 3DS (Since right now all I have are the two Zelda games which aren't really pick up and play games) and was just wondering if it's a good version or not.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Guys, GUYS... what is the Zone fortified with, exactly? If it's Vitamin C, I might bite...

I would really love to know how many copies games like, say, Farm Frenzy, sell. It's getting released along with 4 others in the same week, on DSiWare, which I'm sure the general public don't buy just everything from. Would be interesting to hear sales data for these obscure titles.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Bog said:
How dare they make Fortified Zone $3.99

Man, is it really? It is not actually that bad of a game, and would probably be much more tolerable with a save state. But $3.99? Not even a franchise game by any stretch.

mutsu said:
Man I really wish the VC games on Wii can be played on the 3DS as well. That way I can finally replay my most beloved game in FF6! Just don't have time to play it at home nowadays.
There is a GBA port of FF6.

Carlisle

Man those Anima Ark of Sinners character designs... Sometimes I think these artists are only out to see how far they can make cosplayers go. Either way we all win I suppose.

UberTag

CreatureX3 said:
Should just call this the "Summer 2011" thread.
Makes more sense to have seasonal threads for Nintendo Downloads anyway. More gaming content shows up on Xbox LIVE in a calendar week than Nintendo releases in a month and it's not like XBL is getting the monthly treatment.

UberTag said:
Makes more sense to have seasonal threads for Nintendo Downloads anyway. More gaming content shows up on Xbox LIVE in a calendar week than Nintendo releases in a month and it's not like XBL is getting the monthly treatment.
I highly doubt that. LIVE gets more gaming content that people on GAF would want to play, perhaps, but Nintendo gets plenty every week.

They're just things like Bratpetz 5: DSiware Edition.

GeekyDad

CreatureX3 said:
Should just call this the "Summer 2011" thread.

Agreed...or, heck, even the Nintendo Download 2011 thread. I mean, really, how many great downloadable games can we expect each year for their platforms? I'd much rather have one thread I can stay subscribed to, check in each week to see if there's anything worthwhile, and then move along disappointed 50-51 weeks out of the year.

Boney

Banned
UberTag said:
See for yourself ... actually looks pretty fun. Think what a Contra game would be like if it blatantly ripped off Zelda.
And any game with a logo surrounded in barbed wire can't be all bad.
Hey this actually looks pretty cool. 3 bucks would've sealed the deal though..

Why can't we have sales :(

Damn Fortified Zone Stage 3 is difficult. I keep dying or falling into the abyss. It's so unforgiving dangit. I mean we have the save state feature on the 3DS but I accidentally created another restore point and got stuck with like hardly any life -_-;

How long is this game anyway?

EDIT: Does anyone know where there is a list of release dates & pricing for each territory for games? I'm trying to have this page on my website up to date. Since I don't own a PAL or JP 3DS I can't go on a store and look.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
nincompoop said:
This looks really cool. A racing game for Wiiware with the graphical style of 3D Dot Game Heroes.
This is fuckin hot and totally unexpected. What do we know about the developer?

thomaser

Fortified Zone is a pretty cool game. I had it when I was a kid, and managed to beat it. Can be hard at times, but nothing insurmountable. Great music. Definitely a game I can recommend.

It's not really similar, but I suddenly thought of another early, great GB-game: Burai Fighter by Taxan/Taito. I hope we'll get that one too!

Kerrby

Banned
Wow, the Australian eShop got fuck all.

Virtual Console:
- Qix

Nintendo DSiWare:
- Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp

They didn't even label the news title correctly either, I have two "What's New on 30 June" :lol.

On the 'Software Features' for Qix, it only says 1 player. So I guess that settles that?

Damn you Nintendo Australia! Where's my Fortified Zone!

CaVaYeRo

OnPoint said:
I have received clarification.

Ark of Sinners is coming out in Europe on July 7. As for a US release, they said "we can assume that Nintendo will release next month". The price is 1,000 Nintendo points.

Yes, came here to confirm it to you :p

BTW, we had more arts with the launch PR:

anima_250684.jpg

anima_250690.jpg

Anyone got to try it yet?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Kerrby said:
Wow, the Australian eShop got fuck all.

Virtual Console:
- Qix

Nintendo DSiWare:
- Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp

They didn't even label the news title correctly either, I have two "What's New on 30 June" :lol.

On the 'Software Features' for Qix, it only says 1 player. So I guess that settles that?

Damn you Nintendo Australia! Where's my Fortified Zone!

Protip: change your region settings to the UK or some other European country - not only will you have access to their catalogue but the conversion rate usually means the games are cheaper, too.

In case you were actually interested in that Ark of Sinners game for some reason, some guy already posted a review of the European version on youtube talking about how rubbish it is. Don't waste your time people, there are way more interesting Wiiware games coming soon that are actually worthy of your attention!

Deku

Banned
nincompoop said:
In case you were actually interested in that Ark of Sinners game for some reason, some guy already posted a review of the European version on youtube talking about how rubbish it is. Don't waste your time people, there are way more interesting Wiiware games coming soon that are actually worthy of your attention!

I searched

http://youtu.be/W_IHlLgPOA4

So, it turns out you can redownload the E3 trailers even though they are not visible on the eShop. I just redownloaded the MGS3 video which I had deleted a couple of weeks ago.

Go to Menu > settings/other > Your downloads

There you should see everything you've ever downloaded and a "Redownload" button next to everything you've deleted.

GeekyDad

Deku said:

For context, this is the same reviewer who loathed the LostWinds games. Take that for what you will. I like the guy. I've watched his videos quite a bit in the past, but he has very specific taste. I think he's generally fair and up front about that, but compare the gameplay footage to what you're seeing, rather than taking everything he says at face value. The game does look wholly unremarkable (aside from the T&A), but it doesn't look broken, a sentiment he seems to be trying hard to drive home.

GeekyDad said:
For context, this is the same reviewer who loathed the LostWinds games. Take that for what you will. I like the guy. I've watched his videos quite a bit in the past, but he has very specific taste. I think he's generally fair and up front about that, but compare the gameplay footage to what you're seeing, rather than taking everything he says at face value. The game does look wholly unremarkable (aside from the T&A), but it doesn't look broken, a sentiment he seems to be trying hard to drive home.
I'm watching his Lost Winds reviews now and they sound pretty positive to me. He's not a very good reviewer but his footage seems to support his complaints about the controls in Ark of Sinners being spotty and unresponsive.

nincompoop said:

I watched his review and all I gained from it is I need to play it myself and be the judge. It may be better than he makes it out to be.

And has anybody heard about River City Ransom 2? Nothing about it since they announced it a couple of months back.

OnPoint

ReXXXSoprano said:
I watched his review and all I gained from it is I need to play it myself and be the judge. It may be better than he makes it out to be.

And has anybody heard about River City Ransom 2? Nothing about it since they announced it a couple of months back.
I would do terrible things to ensure its release

Kerrby

Banned
@MUWANdo said:
Protip: change your region settings to the UK or some other European country - not only will you have access to their catalogue but the conversion rate usually means the games are cheaper, too.

How would I buy things if I have an Australia VISA?

SmithnCo

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Urban Champion is the next 3D Classic?
Eughhhhhhhhhh why!?

I really question if that game can be called a "classic," lol. But at least it probably didn't take much time to make the 3d effect.

Got Pro Jumper Guilty Gear Tangent. It's good, but after beating it on Normal, I still have a hard time controlling the character. So damn slippery.
The game is short, considering only 6 levels that are not really long, but it's very hard so you won't be able to beat it fast. Especially the last boss. I got Dark Void Zero this week too and beat it on Normal and Hard and compared to this game it's a piece of cake.

Now playing Hard mode on lvl 4. Gonna be really tough beating this.

sfog

A Black Falcon said:
IGN's review claims that the multiplayer, even though it was alternating (on a single system I believe), actually was removed from the VC version for no apparent reason.

No, it was link cable-based originally, even if it was alternating. I can't start up the Qix 2 player mode on a PC emulator either, so the 3DS one obviously still doesn't include link functionality.

Top Bottom