• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - Spring/Summer 2011 -- Final Fantasy VI (FFIII US) up on VC

OnPoint

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Shiggy said:
Apparently, it was announced that these games could not be transferred:

* Art Academy First Semester
* Art Academy Second Semester
@MUWANdo said:
I'm pretty sure I read that the Art Academy games are working now, too, but don't quote me on that.
(hah)

Both Art Academy titles have been present in the 3DS eShop for the past several days. I haven't actually PURCHASED either one yet, but I've gone all the way to the final "buy" screen and they do seem up for 3DS use now. Can anyone confirm that they can either transfer them from a DSi or purchase them directly?

JasonMCG said:
Cool - FFVI! Just need Illusion of Gaia, Demon's Crest and Yoshi's Island and my SNES collection will be pretty much complete.
Really? I want those and like a ton more. Soulblazer, Terranigma, Panel de Pon, Pocky & Rocky 1-2, Lufia 1-2, Hagane, Secret of Evermore, Megaman X2-3, Star Fox, Earthbound, Sparkster, etc.

zigg

DavidDayton said:
Both Art Academy titles have been present in the 3DS eShop for the past several days. I haven't actually PURCHASED either one yet, but I've gone all the way to the final "buy" screen and they do seem up for 3DS use now. Can anyone confirm that they can either transfer them from a DSi or purchase them directly?

I'm sure they're available for purchase.

I have First Semester on my DSi yet, I'll see if I can transfer it tonight. Great stuff, BTW, anyone who's considering it—definitely recommend it.

I really want Pinball Pulse though...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
@MUWANdo said:
Someone at Nintendo customer service actually responded re: Pinball Pulse: it's not available due to complications with the original developers - Fuse have closed since the original release, and even though they kinda-sorta-reformed as Silverball, getting the game renewed would take more than the bare minimum required for most other DSiWare games, so it's canned.

For what it's worth, I was able to transfer Pinball Pulse from my Aussie DSi to my Aussie 3DS a week or so ago with no issues, and I'm pretty sure I read that the Art Academy games are working now, too, but don't quote me on that.
That's bonkers! I absolutely LOVE Metroid Prime Pinball, I want to give my money to Silverball/Fuse, damn :(
Wish I had a friend's DSi to buy the game and make a transfer to my 3DS.

What about Cave Story tho? I bet it's unreleased on purpose to try to sell us on that shitty looking (and 4 times more expensive) Cave Story 3D

sfog

There's a new DSi firmware up now (1.4.3 U). No clue what it does, if anything, and it's a small download.

Shiggy said:
Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon should be available in the DSi shop in Europe too, it was released in March 2010.

Apparently, it was announced that these games could not be transferred:

* Art Academy First Semester
* Art Academy Second Semester
* Asphalt IV
* Crash-Course Domo
* Earthworm Jim
* Flipnote Studio
* Hard-Hat Domo
* Let's Golf
* Nintendo DSi Browser
* Oregon Trail
* Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon
* Pro-Putt Domo
* Real Soccer 2009
* Real Soccer 2010
* Rock-n-Roll Domo
* SUDOKU MASTER
* SUDOKU SENSEI
* Sudoku Student
* White-Water Domo

I really wonder why...maybe some dispute with Silverball Studios? Probably not, the US apparently can buy it on eShop: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/9w4AIMWKPhQbKXXpp24L4ES9u9yAoDmP

Even more: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26954

It's not up in the e-shop in the U.S. either. never was.

WOW WOW WOW, not to rub it in people's faces but amazing update today on the Japanese side

new Virutal console games:
Pacman GB

3 new DSIware games
- I like dogs 2!(I didn't play one)
- A fishing game
- Educational learn History software

New episode of 3d Retro game challenge: Starfox 64

Coming 13th
New 3d classic: Urban champion
Adventure island 2

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The difference between the way NCL treats their eShop and the way NoE and NoA treat theirs is night and day.

Mockingbird said:
anima: ark of Sinners trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtpUPpm3Cdo&feature=player_embedded

art

celia_cuerpo2.jpg

celia_cara.jpg

celia_cuerpo.jpg

Official Site: http://www.animagamestudio.com/

I guess they're a Spanish development studio?

-------

U.S. gets this on Jul 7th for Wiiware:

AEJCPtL7rgRQRR4rEQ3B1-qoXwYW9Q5I.jpg

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ZN-zT5JZB_qWrXOwVG0qjIcelTPyCLqw
That looks like trash.

Anyway, now that I have a 3DS I've finally been able to check out some of the DSiware I've wanted to play. Boxlife is AMAZING. Skip proves over and over again that they're the best puzzle game developers on the planet. Shantae seems to be every bit as good as the original so far. 10 second run was fun for the evening that it took me to beat everything but I'm not sure I'll ever return to it. Guilty Gear Tangent was a pretty fun platformer. It reminded me of Prinny (but not as polished) with its quirky style and punishing difficulty. I still have around 40 more games on my wishlist that I plan on picking up down the line, so at least I don't have to worry about my 3DS going through a software drought any time soon.

Roto13

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
WOW WOW WOW, not to rub it in people's faces but amazing update today on the Japanese side

Pacman GB

3 new DSIware games
- A fishing game

Coming 13th
Adventure island 2
That's amazing?

angelfly

FINALFANTASYDOG said:

Pacman GB

3 new DSIware games
- A fishing game

Coming 13th
Adventure island 2
Urban Champion? Money saved I guess. Might pick up Adventure Island 2 when it hits.

I love being able to play PS1 games and Minis on both my PS3 and PSP. I hope that one day VC games will be playable on both Wii (or Wii U) and 3DS. I'd be giving Nintendo a lot more of my money for NES, SNES, and Gameboy classics if they ever do it.

CoolS said:
Haha, just finished Kirby in less than 30 minutes. Still remember everything from this so vividly since I played the fuck out of it as a kid.

Just started the extra game, and either my GB was broken as a kid or I was to stupid to activate it, but I actuually think I never played that before. It really is a lot harder, especially since I don't know the enemies movement patterns.

Still, I think the game looks amazing for being a GB game. I love it. Now give the the sequel :)

Same here. I beat Kirby really fast, and then a strange thing happened. Extra mode popped up. I didn't even remember that.

And then something even stranger happened. I died. A few times. It was... unsettling.

DDayton

The user ratings on the 3DS eShop feel nearly useless. Almost everything has a 4.5/5 star rating. There are a scarce few titles with a 1 or 2 star rating, but nearly every title appears to be "great."

Does the DSi allow for user ratings, or are all of these scores from 3DS owners?

zigg

DavidDayton said:
The user ratings on the 3DS eShop feel nearly useless. Almost everything has a 4.5/5 star rating. There are a scarce few titles with a 1 or 2 star rating, but nearly every title appears to be "great."

Part of the problem here I think is the hour playtime requirement. I appreciate a playtime requirement, but an hour is way too long, particularly for many downloadable games.

e.g. WarioWare Snapped, which (IMO) is terrible. Nobody who realizes it's terrible is going to play it a full hour. Thus, it gets rated highly.

Another issue is the inability to re-rate titles should your opinion change. I wanted to do this, but it seems my only option is to delete all my ratings, and even then I'm not totally sure it'll let me re-rate ones I've already done...

Stars are also a little iffy to begin with since three stars feels like a panning, when it's possible to enjoy a game and still rate it three. I've had some serious internal debate with myself before putting three-star scores on some games.

DavidDayton said:
Does the DSi allow for user ratings, or are all of these scores from 3DS owners?

That's exclusive to the eShop.

Can't wait to read reviews of 3D classic: Urban champion.

Brazil said:
The difference between the way NCL treats their eShop and the way NoE and NoA treat theirs is night and day.
I'm sure America will eventually get Nintendo week 3D and erm, I guess the UK will get Ninty News (they still do this, right?). As the game centre CX mini-episodes were something started on the Japanese Nintendo Channel. Sadly, I'm using logic which Nintendo does not...so probably neither will happen.

OnPoint

So I think Ark of Sinners is coming out tomorrow?

I emailed the dev for more information on the game and this was how the opening line of the press release was worded.

Dear friends.
Anima Games Studio is pleased to announce that the next 7 of July our company's first videogame, based on the Anima Beyond Fantasy franchise, will be published; Anima Ark of Sinners.

I've asked for clarification, but haven't received anything back yet.

OnPoint

I have received clarification.

Ark of Sinners is coming out in Europe on July 7. As for a US release, they said "we can assume that Nintendo will release next month". The price is 1,000 Nintendo points.

Shiggy

Starwolf_UK said:
Can't wait to read reviews of 3D classic: Urban champion.

I'm sure America will eventually get Nintendo week 3D and erm, I guess the UK will get Ninty News (they still do this, right?). As the game centre CX mini-episodes were something started on the Japanese Nintendo Channel. Sadly, I'm using logic which Nintendo does not...so probably neither will happen.

The national Nintendo Channel news will be available on 3DS, if they aren't already. In Germany this is already the case.

DDayton

zigg said:
Part of the problem here I think is the hour playtime requirement. I appreciate a playtime requirement, but an hour is way too long, particularly for many downloadable games.
True -- although it also helps ensure fair ratings. It's like some sort of pointy thing with multiple cutting edges...

Stars are also a little iffy to begin with since three stars feels like a panning, when it's possible to enjoy a game and still rate it three. I've had some serious internal debate with myself before putting three-star scores on some games.
Eh - I give 5 stars to the really great games, 3 or 4 stars to good ones (depending on how much I enjoyed it), 2 stars to poor games and save the 1 star for the truly horrid stuff...

I couldn't find a thread for July's Nintendo Downloads stuff. So I'll just post this here.

Tomorrow's releases should be as follows:

3DS Virtual Console
Fortified Zone
Qix (?)

DSiWare (also available on Nintendo eShop for 3DS)
Jewel Keepers: Easter Island
Roller Angels
Farm Frenzy
Make Up & Style

WiiWare
Just JAM

Wii Virtual Console
Sorry, no, nothing. :-\

UberTag

Okay, who had Fortified Zone at the top of their list for highly sought after portable gaming classics?

250px-FortifiedZone-box.jpg

TruthJunky said:
I couldn't find a thread for July's Nintendo Downloads stuff. So I'll just post this here.

Tomorrow's releases should be as follows:

3DS Virtual Console
Fortified Zone

Nintendo eShop (3DS-only, I believe)
Qix

DSiWare (also available on Nintendo eShop for 3DS)
Jewel Keepers: Easter Island
Roller Angels
Farm Frenzy
Make Up & Style

WiiWare
Just JAM

Wii Virtual Console
Sorry, no, nothing. :-\
Ug why is it that every gameboy game so far has looked good. I've bought them all and after looking up videos of these games just now I think these two look good enough to buy. My monies D:

Atleast we FINALLY got two fucking games on the eShop. FINALLY!

I'll probably get both...maybe I got to much to play across all my systems as it.

oatmeal said:
Soooo, how do you make the background of the GB games look like the GBC and old GB?

I want to be nostalgic.
Press select + start while the game is starting to play in original resolution. Press L + R + Y in game to get original colors

oatmeal

Banned
nincompoop said:
Press select + start while the game is starting to play in original resolution. Press L + R + Y in game to get original colors

Holy!

I tried every button, should have known it was some fancy combo!

BooJoh

Select or Start, people. I don't know why NOA writes their FAQs based on forum posts, but it's been misinformation from the start that you have to hold both, either one alone will work. Holding both is just unnecessary awkwardness.

I'm a little confused about the Donkey Kong in the Australian eshop, and was wondering if it might be different from the game other regions have.

I have fond but hazy memories of playing the DK 94 on a friends black and white gameboy back in the day. In my memory, it was a lot like the excellent Mario vs Donkey Kong for the gba, a clever mix of puzzle platforming, not that stuff with the minis on the DS which I personally didn't like, but something sort of half way between the classic donkey kong and a 90's 2D platformer. Now when I look at this game titled "Donkey Kong" in the Australian eshop, it looks like a gameboy port of the original arcade donkey kong, not the game I remember as DK 94. Its not just because of that name - all the screens and all the preview video footage show only the 3 levels from the classic 80's arcade game.

So my question is this. Does DK 94 start out with the 3 levels from the arcade donkey kong and then move on to a Mario vs Donkey Kong style game, and coincidentally thats all you see in the video footage/screen, or have Nintendo Australia uploaded the wrong game somehow by mistake? I'm thinking its gotta be the first one, but I'm asking just to be sure...

mutsu

Man I really wish the VC games on Wii can be played on the 3DS as well. That way I can finally replay my most beloved game in FF6! Just don't have time to play it at home nowadays.

Kerrby

Banned
Touch fuzZy said:
I'm a little confused about the Donkey Kong in the Australian eshop, and was wondering if it might be different from the game other regions have.

I have fond but hazy memories of playing the DK 94 on a friends black and white gameboy back in the day. In my memory, it was a lot like the excellent Mario vs Donkey Kong for the gba, a clever mix of puzzle platforming, not that stuff with the minis on the DS which I personally didn't like, but something sort of half way between the classic donkey kong and a 90's 2D platformer. Now when I look at this game titled "Donkey Kong" in the Australian eshop, it looks like a gameboy port of the original arcade donkey kong, not the game I remember as DK 94. Its not just because of that name - all the screens and all the preview video footage show only the 3 levels from the classic 80's arcade game.

So my question is this. Does DK 94 start out with the 3 levels from the arcade donkey kong and then move on to a Mario vs Donkey Kong style game, and coincidentally thats all you see in the video footage/screen, or have Nintendo Australia uploaded the wrong game somehow by mistake? I'm thinking its gotta be the first one, but I'm asking just to be sure...

I'm wondering this as well.

Rlan

Touch fuzZy said:

The game DOES start with the 3 original levels. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mHXg6DpvAo

I don't recall there ever being an arcade port of sorts, although DK94 had the arcade levels to start as, and then it gets onto the clever platforming goodness.

Touch fuzZy said:

Yes, DK starts with the DK arcade levels and moves on to new levels after you beat that. The game is really called Donkey Kong and people threw in the 94 to differentiate it from the original Arcade and NES game.

Neo Child

Banned
I love playing Donkey Kong in the original aspect ratio (hold start OR select during start)... you can have a 3D effect so the gameboy appears closer than the actual game... you need to ram 3D right up though otherwise its blurry

oh god Fortrified Zone? I told you guys they'd fuck up the 3DS VC. There is absolutely no reason SNES games shouldn't be playable on the 3DS. It'd open up such a huge library.

Kerrby

Banned
For those who live out America, did you get an option to change your region to America?

That's basically the only region I can't change mine too.

Top Bottom