• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axass

The Nintendo event leak is a massive pile of bullshit. It reads just like a wishlist with all the stuff we want (Platinum StarFox, I mean come on) plus Miyamoto's new IP, which incidentally it's the one thing there are no details about. What leak is it when they don't give us the title of the only new game we don't know about, without any detail whatsoever?

onilink88

What about Xenoterra.

It's really hard to predict with any accuracy what the game is going to be called, as we don't have anything substantial to go on. But if I had to take a swing at it myself, this would be one of my guesses and would be, overall, a solid one based on what we've seen so far.

XenoMorph spiritual successor to Alien: Colonial Marines.

5nKTeZ7.png

Blues1990

While I am interested to see what Nintendo has planned for this year's E3, I will keep in mind to keep my expectations in check, so that I won't become disappointed if the announcements are "okay." Ideally, I would love to see a new installment in the Golden Sun series, and I would be very happy if Nintendo Land had got a sequel. More indie support would be grand, and I can imagine Bayonetta 2 being playable at this year's PAX Prime.

I'm not particularly fond of the Zelda series (The Oracle games & The Wind Waker are my favourite installments), though I am curious to see if Aonuma will keep his promise about Zelda U being a complete overhaul on many of the series conventions.

Sendou

Huh, Mario Kart's in there, despite having already been released by the time E3 rolls in. DLC talk?

That list is nothing else but (in my humble opinion) bad speculation from that no-name site. Mario Kart is obviously a clear mistake. They have other games that simply won't be there too.

Sendou

So the big question is -

What is Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace, and which team is working on it?

Probably eShop game and external (whatever random studio) if I had to guess.

Does anyone expect something as big as Zelda U to be there? Or will Zelda U be the highlight of their show by far.

SSB4 is bigger. I don't think Zelda U will be my game of the show by Nintendo. I'm quite confident about a nice surprise.

Richie

That list is nothing else but (in my humble opinion) bad speculation from that no-name site. Mario Kart is obviously a clear mistake. They have other games that simply won't be there too.

Makes sense, yeah. That said, I do think it's possible to see Kart DLC being brought up in the Event. It's a perfect opportunity to keep that train of gravy going forward.

Sendou

Makes sense, yeah. That said, I do think it's possible to see Kart DLC being brought up in the Event. It's a perfect opportunity to keep that train of gravy going forward.

I don't think they will have them working for DLC on Mario Kart 8. Too much effort (the detail in those tracks is insane) and Mario Kart is the kind of IP you need to have for each system early on to drive the install base. Full speed with Mario Kart 9 I'd say.

Does anyone expect something as big as Zelda U to be there? Or will Zelda U be the highlight of their show by far.

The only other bigger thing would be a huge Pokémon or Mario game getting revealed. I doubt that'll happen, so Zelda is definitely gonna be the highlight. The only possible thing that would be bigger here would be Metroid.

onilink88

Well, the biggest game there is going to be SSBU. But in terms of a personal highlight, it would have to hit every note perfectly to outdo X (which is doing just that so far).

rokero

People know Zelda is coming so I'm guessing they'll have one last reveal that will be the surprise of the show my money is on Metroid,Star fox or Retro new IP

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Xenoxanax.

I still can't believe they eventually fucked up the porta pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom