• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did say there will be multiple games, from ones almost complete to early in devs.
Hopefully, one of them is Fatal Frame 5, it would use the Gamepad so well!

Hoping for some interesting third party stuff/collabs as well as the new game pad centric announcements. Maybe I'm just greedy

rokero

Has anyone thought about how Nintendo will move forward with the battle system for Zelda? We will be going from full motion control back to sticks and buttons. I was thinking maybe it will be almost like a 3D fighter game now when battling enemies.
my guess is they go back to regular controls since that's what the Wii U brings out of the box

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Has anyone thought about how Nintendo will move forward with the battle system for Zelda? We will be going from full motion control back to sticks and buttons. I was thinking maybe it will be almost like a 3D fighter game now when battling enemies.
I wouldn't mind if the new Zelda game is more like an Action RPG. The combat in Zelda games have never been truly great, and a more complex battle system with actual difficultly could be a welcome change for the series. I'm not saying that I want the combat to be like Dark Souls, but a change would be good.

rokero

I wouldn't mind if the new Zelda game is more like an Action RPG. The combat in Zelda games have never been truly great, and a more complex battle system with actual difficultly could be a welcome change for the series. I'm not saying that I want the combat to be like Dark Souls, but a change would be good.
as others have said Hero mode from the beginning would be a welcome addition also welcomed would be upgradable weapons ala LBW

DJIzana

I just realized... I'm more so excited for Smash than initially. I'm curious as to what other remixed tunes we'll hear or let alone, the whole OST for the game!

Kodaman

It'll look like this on the gamepad:

5.gif

Supreme%20Warrior%20Shot%203.jpg

knb3bCN.png

LOL

I don't think so, combat has never really be a big part of the Zelda series, it's always been more about solving puzzles and beating dungeons, it being too combat-focused could potentially feel too restrictive.

as others have said Hero mode from the beginning would be a welcome addition also welcomed would be upgradable weapons ala LBW

Hero mode from the beginning would be nice, but I'd rather they went with the upgradable item system from Skyward Sword instead of the one in ALBW. I also hope the items are still hidden in the dungeons cause ALBWs dungeons felt lackluster, but then there's a lot I hope Zelda Wii U doesn't borrow from ALBW.

I just realized... I'm more so excited for Smash than initially. I'm curious as to what other remixed tunes we'll hear or let alone, the whole OST for the game!

And there's a lot of wonderful new material... Skyward Sword, SMG 2, DK:TF, SM3DW... to name a few. I just got giddy imagining fighting whilst the SM3DW Staff Roll music plays.

n_n Mmmmmm... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7KJeuu4Whg

Or hopefully they remix Fi's Theme to suit the faster pace.

Hmm. Possible role models in games that already exist:

Souls, except presumably less difficult. Methodically-paced, and you're forced to pay attention. I think this could actually feel really, really close to an updated version of conventional zelda combat. The biggest difference would be that spamming basic sword attacks would be less of an instant win.

Character action games (bc idk what else to call the genre): If they wanted a lot more variety in your moves, a simple action game system might work. Have moves for the sword and the main weapon-like items.

WRPGS: My memories of oblivion involve lots of jumping and sword swinging and a tiny bit of magic. I don't really expect this.

MarkusRJR

Hope we see Pokémon RS remakes more thoroughly. I don't really know what the expect beyond that and the already announced Wii U games. Their current upcoming 3DS line up ends in Summer so I hope we get some new game announcements.

Oh and does anyone know if there is going to be the usual IRC for NīntenGAF? It's basically a tradition for me; been in them since 2008 and it's probably one of my favorite parts of E3. If anyone knows any details, PM me or reply? :p

Hope we see Pokémon RS remakes more thoroughly. I don't really know what the expect beyond that and the already announced Wii U games. Their current upcoming 3DS line up ends in Summer so I hope we get some new game announcements.

Oh and does anyone know if there is going to be the usual IRC for NīntenGAF? It's basically a tradition for me; been in them since 2008 and it's probably one of my favorite parts of E3. If anyone knows any details, PM me or reply? :p

I know this is weird, but Pokemon RS remakes make me more confident that Majora's Mask 3d is coming. The #hoennconfirmed bs was based upon the flimsiest evidence and oodles of hype. There have been far more specific MM hints.

Sendou

There was never any doubt that they wouldn't remake R/S, in-game hints or not. Majora's Mask 3D would probably sell 10%-20% of what they will so it's not quite the same. I'm still kind of expecting Grezzo to be working on that though.

Doubt it. It'll be the same schtick.

"Yeah Bayonetta 2, Fatal Frame, X, Zelda, SMTXFE, etc etc etc look good but imagine what they could be if not tethered by the Wii U!"

Or

"Imagine the revenue we could generate if Nintendo actually catered to the press!"
"Wii U doesn't have any games, except for the ones it does have which would be better if they were on PS4/Xbox One"

"Not buying until $149"

In light of Iwata's comments about showing various internally developed games for Wii U that are at various stages of development at this E3, I thought I'd take a stab at who some of the directors might be. I'm not saying that each of these groups has a game in development, or that it will be shown, I'm merely speculating.

-Animal Crossing U: Neither Director on New Leaf has been on any other projects, as far as we know and the Animal Crossing Plaza is designed to end at the end of this year. I don't think anyone from Monolith Kyoto was credited for Mario Kart 8, so I think it's likely that team is assisting with Animal Crossing U and/or Zelda U.

-Zelda U: Already confirmed to be there in some form. I imagine it'll be directed by Hidemaro Fujibayashi, as was Skyward Sword. I imagine Monolith Kyoto is assisting with design elements, as they did on ALBW.

-Hypothetical Yoshikazu Yamashita & Takayuki Shimamura Project: The co-directors of Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Nintendo Land. While Shimamura has been overseeing the Wii Sports Club development, I don't believe that's all he has been working on. With Iwata comments about showing games that make use of the Game Pad, I can't imagine the inevitable project these two are working on doesn't get shown after a little over 18 months development, even if they typically have ~3 years between their games. They are the proverbial kings of making use of the controller gimmicks, after all.

-Hypothetical Shigeyuki Asuke Project: This guy directed NSMB and NSMB Wii and then was only responsible for planning on NSMBU and didn't touch NSMB2. Being responsible for 2 of the best selling games on the Wii & DS, I think he's been given a new project; possibly the primary NFP one.

-Hypothetical Yusuke Amano Project: First project as a director was NSMB2. I not sure about this one, but I think there's a possibility he's been given another project to work on. Only mentioning because it'll be nearly 2 years by E3 since NSMB2 launched.

Hypothetical Daisuke Tsujimura Project: Works in Tokyo EAD and worked on Galaxy 1+2 and 3D Land as a planner/planning director, but is conspicuously absent from 3D World's credits. This feels like an unlikely thing because he may have moved departments or left Nintendo entirely. If it does exist, I have a feeling that it would be primarily developed by a 3rd party.

-Kouichi Kawamoto: A bit of a wild card for me but he was the guy who created the WarioWare prototype and designed the Mii Plaza/Find Mii. Mr. Miyamoto said back in 2012 that he was a 'a very strong figure [who] will play a very important role in the future.' Regardless, I do think, though, that he's likely deeply involved in either QOL or NFP.

In light of Iwata's comments about showing various internally developed games for Wii U that are at various stages of development at this E3, I thought I'd take a stab at who some of the directors might be. I'm not saying that each of these groups has a game in development, or that it will be shown, I'm merely speculating.

-Animal Crossing U: Neither Director on New Leaf has been on any other projects, as far as we know and the Animal Crossing Plaza is designed to end at the end of this year. I don't think anyone from Monolith Kyoto was credited for Mario Kart 8, so I think it's likely that team is assisting with Animal Crossing U and/or Zelda U.

-Zelda U: Already confirmed to be there in some form. I imagine it'll be directed by Hidemaro Fujibayashi, as was Skyward Sword. I imagine Monolith Kyoto is assisting with design elements, as they did on ALBW.

-Hypothetical Yoshikazu Yamashita & Takayuki Shimamura Project: The co-directors of Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Nintendo Land. While Shimamura has been overseeing the Wii Sports Club development, I don't believe that's all he has been working on. With Iwata comments about showing games that make use of the Game Pad, I can't imagine the inevitable project these two are working on doesn't get shown after a little over 18 months development, even if they typically have ~3 years between their games. They are the proverbial kings of making use of the controller gimmicks, after all.

-Hypothetical Shigeyuki Asuke Project: This guy directed NSMB and NSMB Wii and then was only responsible for planning on NSMBU and didn't touch NSMB2. Being responsible for 2 of the best selling games on the Wii & DS, I think he's been given a new project; possibly the primary NFP one.

-Hypothetical Yusuke Amano Project: First project as a director was NSMB2. I not sure about this one, but I think there's a possibility he's been given another project to work on. Only mentioning because it'll be nearly 2 years by E3 since NSMB2 launched.

Hypothetical Daisuke Tsujimura Project: Works in Tokyo EAD and worked on Galaxy 1+2 and 3D Land as a planner/planning director, but is conspicuously absent from 3D World's credits. This feels like an unlikely thing because he may have moved departments or left Nintendo entirely. If it does exist, I have a feeling that it would be primarily developed by a 3rd party.

-Kouichi Kawamoto: A bit of a wild card for me but he was the guy who created the WarioWare prototype and designed the Mii Plaza/Find Mii. Mr. Miyamoto said back in 2012 that he was a 'a very strong figure [who] will play a very important role in the future.' Regardless, I do think, though, that he's likely deeply involved in either QOL or NFP.

I am impressed at your knowledge of random nintendo directors.

This is why you love streets

Nintendo needs another action rpg outside of Zelda
I want to see more fantasy worlds this is why I am so stuck on X but I want something made by Nintendo

Bagu

I want to see more fantasy worlds this is why I am so stuck on X but I want something made by Nintendo
I know you're talking about Nintendo EAD but Monolith Soft is still Nintendo! As is Retro Studios.
And Next Level Games when they get around to making it official

Sandfox

X is made by Nintendo lol. There are a few genres I would like to see Nintendo dabble in, but they would be different than what their studios are used to.

Even "random planning director was missing from most recent game's credits?" Damn, wikipedia has everything.

Well, The Kyoto Report and Google has that. :p

I get a really strange feeling that Monolith Soft is not Nintendo @Bagu
I just don't get the relationship much so I always feel sooner or later they will move on

They're 96.67% owned by Nintendo. Nintendo has to sell them before they'll move on.

Bagu

I get a really strange feeling that Monolith Soft is not Nintendo @Bagu
I just don't get the relationship much so I always feel sooner or later they will move on
If I remember correctly, Nintendo went to Monolith's employees asking, "If we bought the studio, would you stay?"
Given they're now a fully owned subsidiary guess how most of them answered.

wsippel

Banned
Could be a joint with Next Level, their second team hasn't released a game since 2010.

Nintendo owns them, They can't really move on of their own free will.
yeah after RARE that feeling of a company being part of Nintendo is just so strange after Xenoblade I am a huge Monolith fan but I was a RARE addict back in those days too. Conker on the N64 was like hell freezing over and the begining of the end.

I guess I was just thinking of The Last Story and the other RPGs the Wii got late in its life and hoping Nintendo will invest more into making some action rpgs. I say action since they seem better suited for that than jrpgs but saying Monolith Soft is Nintendo means I settle for just X I can't expect Monolith to work on more than one game per generation that is asking for too much.

Smiles dreaming a good dream again :)

my dream is like something between Mother and Star Tropics something new but a fantasy RPG made by one of the main teams at Nintendo that spends so much time on just Mario and Zelda

did we really need another Pikmin? I want a good RPG :(

yeah after RARE that feeling of a company being part of Nintendo is just so strange after Xenoblade I am a huge Monolith fan but I was a RARE addict back in those days too. Conker on the N64 was like hell freezing over and the begining of the end.

I guess that rare just totally missed my childhood so I didn't inherit any trust issues there. I only played some dk64. Didn't play the shooters til years later, and I've still never played DKC, Conker, or Banjo.

I don't thiiink I've played diddy kong racing either. I think I spectated once or twice? Given how I had only the n64 during its generation it's probably weird I totally missed them.

I know people will hate me for this but I want X to have another year of development release in Japan fall of 2015

I want another 90+ hours of gameplay
p0QHO.gif

I hated seeing the videos of the playable missing sections of Xenoblade that was hidden in the disc just saying I don't want to see X missing anything

and X needs a worldwide release with the same fuss made over it like Pokemon instead of NOA taking 18+ months to commit
KuGsj.gif

I guess I was just thinking of The Last Story and the other RPGs the Wii got late in its life and hoping Nintendo will invest more into making some action rpgs. I say action since they seem better suited for that than jrpgs but saying Monolith Soft is Nintendo means I settle for just X I can't expect Monolith to work on more than one game per generation that is asking for too much.

my dream is like something between Mother and Star Tropics something new but a fantasy RPG made by one of the main teams at Nintendo that spends so much time on just Mario and Zelda

I wish we could get that kind of game from anybody. Rpgs these days are either really niche, mass effect borderlands, or some wrpg medieval times stuff

HUELEN10

I know people will hate me for this but I want X to have another year of development release in Japan fall of 2015

p0QHO.gif

I hated seeing the videos of the playable missing sections of Xenoblade that was hidden in the disc just saying I don't want to see X missing anything

and X needs a worldwide release with the same fuss made over it like Pokemon instead of NOA taking 18+ months to commit
KuGsj.gif
Couldn't they just ship a complete experience 30-40 hour game and sell an expansion ala NSLU a year later?

Your Rare comparison is flawed because they were second party developer for nintendo, not first. like Monolith Soft.

p0QHO.gif

KuGsj.gif
Why not delay to fall 2016 instead? lol

Heroman

Banned

p0QHO.gif

KuGsj.gif

For useless side quests, no thank you. X will get a decent push from Nintendo of america.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom