• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Direct 6/15 (40 minutes)

Bkdk

Fatal frame is a good surprise, most important thing being having a great female character design. At least I care about what will happen to her, unlike that returnal or last of us 2 where I don’t give a fuck if those characters die. In fact is more fun watching them die then seeing them live.

kunonabi

Meh, looks like just Metroid Dread and Danganronpa S for me assuming the later isnt getting a ps4 release. Maybe warioware too.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Nintendo literally has saved E3.
I thought that conference was one of the worst Directs I’ve ever seen.

BOTW 2 and Metroid Dread literally elevated it from a 3/10 to a 7/10.

Zelda has been done so dirty this year on its anniversary. No further Switch games planned? No easy ports of WW or TP, but they’re happy to sell us another Game and Watch for £49.99. It doesn’t even include ALTTP.

CuNi

I'm going to wait for that Treehouse Gameplay Segment in a sec. Trailer looks like a 3DS game that got upped to Switch Game last second. Even the sounds sound like Handheld/DS-esque.
I so hope I'm wrong, I love the Metroid Series.

cireza

Metroid has my attention, but I am careful, if this is Mercury Steam again, it might suck balls. I can already see that it requires some precise aiming with the stick : fuck this.

SMT V looked rather pretty. My guess is that this is going to run sub 480p@20fps.

I guess that I will keep my Switch Lite until these games get released.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Very little to take from that clip, looked like BOTW DLC. But for something that will likely be as epic as BOTW2 will be when its finished (2022 my arse), it deserves a Switch Pro to play host to it.

Poor Direct overall, Dread looked reasonably nice but it'll have its work cut out having being spoiled with modern takes on the Metroidvania genre over the years. Put that clip next to something like Ori and its clear which is the better looking game.

Nintendo really needs to draw a line under Smash Bros too ffs. Every direct since its been released seems to begin with a new character. I don't give a shit anymore!

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Ranking(if I factor in treehouse gameplay): B+

There's an odd feeling in the air because there were two snaps at the beginning of the show(to imply Switch 2) and also they've announced some games that would most likely run at 15-20 fps on Switch but they appeared to be buttery smooth in footage, which would imply a hardware upgrade. Yet, nothing was even hinted at.

arvfab

Banned
Hands down best conference of E3. Lot of interesting exclusive games, a few surprises.

I will finally be able to play Fatal Frame without having to dust off my Wii U. Only Xenoblade X to port now .

NahaNago

I guess I should say instead that Nintendo managed to salvage E3 instead of save. They showed a lot of games that was already known but with more detail and footage. Plus lots of ports of older games. Nintendo will have a great last half the year. I still would have liked bayo3 or a xenoblade game.

UnNamed

Banned
So we have Metroid Dread, SMTV, Monster Hunter Stories, Dragonball Kakaroth, Advance War which I don't give a shit, and then?

But we don't have Metroid Trilogy, Metroid 4, Zelda, Splatoon, Bayonetta. It hurts, men, it hurts.

Zimmy68

Beginning of the Direct - The games we are going to show you are coming out this year.
BOTW 2 - 2022 release.

So that was a lie meme.gif

Ok so it was a 7/10 for me. Fatal Frame is amazing, Metroid doesn’t look too bad, SMTV looks pretty good. But that Zelda, looks BEAUTIFUL

TexMex

Missing some key stuff, but will happily eat my words. I think this direct is 90% garbage, but can't deny Metroid and Advance Wars. Nintendo wins.

Some big games not shown that are still looming

Bayonetta 3
Splatoon 3
Disgaea 6
No More Heros 3
Metroid Prime 3
Whatever Monolith Soft is doing

Not a bad showing though. Some good games in there. Looking forward to
SMT V
SMB: Banana Mania
Metroid
BOTW 2 looks like it's gonna be amazing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Garbage direct overall. Key takeaways are:

Metroid 5 (Dread)
Warioware
SMT5
Fatal Frame 5 Port

I was hoping for more but oh well. Looks like Treehouse is covering Metroid so I'm going to eat that shit up like I'll never eat again.

TheGejsza

Extremely disappointed with BOTW2 trailer.

I am an old fart right now and rarely game trailers hype me up but I remember when I saw BotW trailer (linked below) for the first time I felt like I was 15 again all excited about a video game.

ManaByte

Gold Member
5dd6yf.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
Pretty good show, the sequel to BOTW is looking great. Based off what was shown in the reveal, game must be 60-70% finished is my guess

No Zelda games outside of Skyward Sword being ported to Switch is a huge surprise though. Nintendo essentially did nothing to celebrate. Two of the three Zelda games on that game and watch device are already on NSO subscription

Bakkus

5/10

Metroid Dread - Doesn't look anywhere near as good as Super Metroid. Or Fusion or Zero Mission for that matter. Still gonna probably buy it

Advance Wars 1&2 remake - Why would I pay for this when I can just play the originals on GBA? The new art style looks really lame too. It looks just like that Duck Tales cartoon reboot.

Wario Ware - Just looks like more of the same we've already played many times before. Are they gonna charge full price for this? >_>

SMTV - Looks really good. I want this.

BotW2 - That's all they have to show 2 whole years after first announcing it? Jesus Christ.

Mario Golf - Garbage tier. Looks no joke worse than Toadstool Tour on GC visually. And with less content to boot.

The rest was all just forgettable.

TonyK

I only have seen Breath of the Wild but it looks like exactly as the first one. I mean, not similar, exactly the same. If you told me it was a trailer of Breath of the wild 1 I would have believed you.

I love Zelda franchise and specially Breath of the wild, the best open world game for me, but I expect people will be coherent and will complain about this. It can't be possible people complain about Ubisoft games and now accept this. At least Ubi change the assets.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Ya......no. Pretty weak show for me......they could have at least got us excited about new hardware, but instead showed some weak stuff and a game a year and half way.

Why would Nintendo send a “break in case of excitement” hype press kit to influencers for this event? Did I miss something?
Yeah you missed how this entire thing works.

"Influencers" are basically a form of advertising that tries to pretend it's organic and not at all staged.

So they send a press kit to influencers to get a bit of extra exposure for their event.

When will people learn that the whole purpose of these events is marketing?

Ulysses 31

New costumes for Fatal Frame Switch version, could that mean they're putting back the costumes they cut out for the west? :goog_unsure:

I only have seen Breath of the Wild but it looks like exactly as the first one. I mean, not similar, exactly the same. If you told me it was a trailer of Breath of the wild 1 I would have believed you.

I love Zelda franchise and specially Breath of the wild, the best open world game for me, but I expect people will be coherent and will complain about this. It can't be possible people complain about Ubisoft games and now accept this. At least Ubi change the assets.
What if its different people complaining about Ubosoft games?

You say "people" as if everyone has the same opinions on everything. Should I complain about BotW2 because someone else complained about Ubisoft.

I think Ubosoft makes some decent games.

Top Bottom