• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo going red - a rebranding in progress?

Much better than that weird light blue they have for Wii U game cases and media. Also the white/grey Wii stuff was equally drab. Red will look nice.

Champion

Good job Nintendo.

rnejiVf.jpg
LMAO!
At least its red. I'm not a fan of the neutral gray they've been going with lately.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
To be honest, I think the classic red-on-white can't be beaten. Either way, a return to color is much appreciated (and more appropriate for current times).

It makes sense. The Nintendo logo was already red, their mascot is largely identified as red, plus Sony and Microsoft have strongly aligned themselves with a color to increase brand recognition.

I don't know how much of a difference this makes, but I think it's a good decision.

komorebi

Its psychological blitz to get the public to stop, look, and listen. "Nintendo's back, so stop and look. Please. Because if you don't the company as you know it is doomed. Also: strawberries = good = red = Nintendo."

AGITΩ

All about some Red.
Hopefully NX game boxes are a cool transparent red. I miss Red Nintendo. The Blue Ocean has become the Red Sea. It's time to part with the old world.

I agree it's great to see the red again! I only wish it was the logo itself that was red, but I see the unity of this with the My Nintendo logo also being this way.

Nintendo kept that previous logo for so long because it was grey....t, great! /s

Who

Banned
Man I really think they are going to go back to basics with the naming of the NX too.

Nintendo Home and Nintendo Pocket would be perfect.

It coincides with the new fiscal year too; perfect time for an image change before NX. Nintendo is/was always red in my mind so it doesn't really change much, imo.

lol at Conker sitting in the corner in plain sight before chainsawing the logo.

Ah, N64 emulation errors.

Technically it's not an emulation "error", but more so it was included on purpose since the emulator rendered 16:9, outside the original field of view. It's still nice to know where programmers place their models when you think they haven't loaded yet.

daTRUballin

Ehh. I was expecting the logo itself changing back to red before clicking on the thread, but it's only the background.

But hey, it looks pretty cool. Sort of feels like classic Nintendo.

Edit: And I see they changed the logo from gray to white, didn't they?

Nzyme32

Personally I would like it if they go Red. Not really seen it as a primary colour for quite a while in gaming. Sony goes with Blue, Steam is different Blue / Grey, Blizzard has a Purple / blue going on, Xbox is Green. Why not red. I like it.

gafneo

Banned
Keen eye you've got there. I think the color is definitely symbolic. Youtube and Netflix we see red. 2 steaming platforms. Also, Nintendo is rumored to be releasing a streaming device.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
PokéKong;200144766 said:
This can only mean they are going in THIS direction with the design of the NX

wiimini.jpg
I wouldn't object if a red system was one of the launch colors. Black and/or white consoles at launch are such a bland first foot forward.

LOLDSFAN

I really, really like this logo, too. It's an evolution of the Club Nintendo logo, it looks like a cloud, it looks like a Mario hat, and you can draw it in one stroke! Genius.
Indeed.

I'm usually not a fan of flat design, but this really looks great, and like you said, symbolizes a lot with a little.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Maybe it's Nintendo's way to get rid of the confusion.

"LOOK! OURS IS RED. RED! R-E-D! GOT IT?"

Top Bottom