• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo holding new conference this Friday [Up: Over]

Gamer @ Heart said:
DREAM/WISH:

Special friend list only online play mode. Minimal infrastructure needed, built into hardware. Acts like local wireless play, by connecting you directly to other 3DSs over the net. No server or lobbies needed. Lets player jump directly from friend list into online game mode if the cartridge is in the system. Will be utilized by monster hunter tri G.

Listen, i dont care if its possible or not. It was fun to imagine and type that.
wasn't this shown for Mario Kart?! I think this is the only thing beside video capture that we know will come for sure!

watershed

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
DREAM/WISH:

Special friend list only online play mode. Minimal infrastructure needed, built into hardware. Acts like local wireless play, by connecting you directly to other 3DSs over the net. No server or lobbies needed. Lets player jump directly from friend list into online game mode if the cartridge is in the system. Will be utilized by monster hunter tri G.

Listen, i dont care if its possible or not. It was fun to imagine and type that.
Well you can forget about the Monster Hunter Tri G part, its already confirmed to have no online play :(

walking fiend said:
wasn't this shown for Mario Kart?! I think this is the only thing beside video capture that we know will come for sure!

Maybe, the game has a full multiplayer mode, and it looks like the invite will just bump you into the same friend lobby.

I was thinking more of an ad-hoc ish mode where the system tricks itself into thinking the person over the internet is in the same room, so the game doesnt have to be built with a whole online infrastructure like Mario kart 7 has.

artwalknoon said:
Well you can forget about the Monster Hunter Tri G part, its already confirmed to have no online play :(

Yeah, a lobby or servers. BUT THIS DIFFERENT!

Regardless, i have accepted Tri G for what it is. I am beyond disappointment. I am tough. I am strong. I am a monster hunter......fan.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Maybe, the game has a full multiplayer mode, and it looks like the invite will just bump you into the same friend lobby.

I was thinking more of an ad-hoc ish mode where the system tricks itself into thinking the person over the internet is in the same room, so the game doesnt have to be built with a whole online infrastructure like Mario kart 7 has.
I see! Yes, that would be awesome, you practically want the OS to be able to emulate ad-hoc! But now it really looks like a dream :(

artwalknoon said:
True but I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Online play is the sole sales determining issue for me for MonHun Tri G. If its in, I'm there day 1, if not I'm not.
I don't know, we have seen it before on the Wii TvC, and that time was a Capcom game as well.

walking fiend said:
I don't know, we have seen it before on the Wii TvC, and that time was a Capcom game as well.

With Nintendo money behind tri G, i would hope they will push the issue inorder to make it bigger in the west. It worked for Tri. Best debut for the series over here ever.

watershed

Banned
walking fiend said:
I'm rooting for it but I'd rather not think about it and be surprised as hell if it comes true.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm going to be awake, but only because I live in Australia, which is only about an hour ahead of Japan.

guek

Banned
hey, this biochem isn't going to study itself, so I guess I'm staying up. Woot Woot.

I'm not expecting jack shit though. Well, that is, there wont be anything nothing new or surprising.

Poyunch

guek said:
hey, this biochem isn't going to study itself, so I guess I'm staying up. Woot Woot.

I'm not expecting jack shit though. Well, that is, there wont be anything nothing new or surprising.
Monster Hunter 5.

Poyunch

Could someone update the OP with a link? I don't want to be an ass asking for this but I don't want to go looking for a link at 4 AM after just waking up.

Peru

Mazzo said:
Gimme that 3DS Lite, Nintendo!

Sean-Paul-Gimme-The-Light-235254.jpg

Symphonic

Probably gonna pull an all nighter to finish up Fringe and balance out my 12 hours of sleep I got yesterday, so bring this shit on.

Poyunch

4 hours isn't too long to leave bacon out, right? Gonna leave them out to defrost so I could cook breakfast and watch the stream at the same time.

Also this means I won't be eating Steak, Eggs, and Hashbrowns. Only PokeGaf knows what this means. teehee

Pounch, looking at your avatar reminds me of WhipstitchZombie over on the Penny-Arcade forums. I think his av was Venom from the cartoon driving a semi and honking the horn in a loop.

Also, no all-nighter for me. This is definitely my sleepytime.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
EatChildren said:
I'm going to be awake, but only because I live in Australia, which is only about an hour ahead of Japan.

*chest bump then crotch thrust*

being awesome is hard work

nickcv

IceDoesntHelp said:
Are, are you staying up with me!? SO I'm not alone in this stupid decision...I think.
5 hours left...so close I can taste it, and the regret.

this is one of the few times i love living in europe XD

it actually sucks anyway, i'm working at the conference time T_T

wrowa

I'll be sitting in a train when "it" (in this case "it" probably equals "nothing") happens with no smartphone at hand ;(

lol, just remembered I'm going out all night tonight. Oh well, I don't expect I'll be missing out on anything anyway. Will be fun to see any breakdowns when I get back tomorrow though.

For once this is happening at lunchtime in the UK. Nice and easy to put time aside for..

There is no way I'd be staying up until 4am, don't be crazy.. sleep, get up excited, digest (disappointing?) news!

Top Bottom