• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Hosting a New York City Gaming Tournament On 8/10/04

Sorry for the last minute info, but I just got word that Nintendo is hosting a gaming tournament in Manhattan this Tuesday, August 10th.

It's taking place at Neutral Ground, which is at 122 W 26th st., between 6th & 7th Ave, on the 4th fl. (212-633-1288). For transportation, take the 1/9 train to 28th st. or the N/R train to 28th st.

The tournament starts at 1:00, and registration begins at 12:30. But be there early, at noon, to get a free t-shirt (while supplies last). You'll get to have your frosty mug in a group photo; the bigger the turnout, the better the chance to get my friend, along with NYC Nintendo Street Crew, will win some huge prize which the other street teams are competing for.

There are numerous prizes, such as GameCube and GBA, plus games I think. But here's the best part... the games will encompass virtually every single Nintendo system, from the NES to the Cube. I think Virtual Boy will be on the only exception.

So stop on by and test those old school Nintendo skill to the test.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
How long will this Nintendo Streem Team last? They gotta pimp the NDS sometime before it's all done...

rareside

That's pretty cool. The NYC Nintendo Street Team set that event up as their Week 5 challenge! Our event won't be nearly as cool (we don't have the luxury of the scale of NY in Dallas), but we're gonna be hosting the Usher/Kanye West afterparty in Dallas on Thursday. We'll only do Smash Bros. and Mario Kart tourneys though..

Also, since the event is being done by the Street Team, there won't be any DS stuff. I wish... Nintendo isn't THAT generous :)

And there's only one more weekend of Street Team. After August 15 I'll once again be unemployed..

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
For the record: That's Harlem. But I hope the kiddies enjoy their fun. :)

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Goddamit, I thought it said 126th St. I have a shit load of chlorine in my eyes from my brother's swimming pool. :(

From what I understand, each comes up with their own ideas. So happens that the NYC crew decided to throw a tourney. A natural idea I'd like to think.

Top Bottom