• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Hosting Smash Bros and new 3DS Game Discussions at E3

Mory Dunz

Why would another new 2D Mario appear on the same system? Hasn't been an extremely long time since that's happened?

Maybe if NSMB2 had bombed or something...

With extra Cranky Kong bonus stages.

image.php

Kurt

Why would they talk 1:30 about metroid or zelda? Seems to be more like some rpg or strategie game related or :
tamagotchi life 2
:( i want metroid game like super metroid.

takriel

What does this mean for Zelda U? Shouldn't they also focus on that? Slightly worried now, because it seems that it won't get such a developer direct if it's only Smash Brosh and the 3DS game... so just a trailer for Zelda U?

Murrah

Banned
Punch-Out 3DS here we go

I actually can't imagine what this is, assuming the whole 90 minutes is dedicated to this one game. 3DS has already had 2D and 3D Mario, Kart, Tennis, Golf, Paper, & Luigi, Party. Plus Animal Crossing, new topdown Zelda and remake of a 3D entry, new pokemon gen and remakes on the way, Luigi's Mansion, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong port, Smash later this year, and stuff like a new WarioWare or Majora's Mask port/remake aren't worth spending that amount of time on. And I'm not getting my hopes up for new Metroid or F-Zero having that much time dedicated to them (plus I'd rather have them on Wii U), so...

Either new IP or NFC stuff, my bet being on the latter

Zalman

What does this mean for Zelda U? Shouldn't they also focus on that? Slightly worried now, because it seems that it won't get such a developer direct if it's only Smash Brosh and the 3DS game... so just a trailer for Zelda U?
Zelda U won't come out this year, so it makes sense it won't be playable at the show.

Linkhero1

It most likely means they're moving it to the 3DS. Why else would they give an hour and a half time slot for a 3DS game?

Ansatz

I'm glad people are mainly predicting Metroid, Majora's Mask or a new 2D Mario because I have all three on my E3 bingo card lol.

Azuran

Banned
F-Zero DX. I can feel it in my bones. An hour and a half is needed for the triumphant return of a great franchise.

I'm a huge F-Zero fan, but I don't want this. I prefer F-Zero on consoles.

At this point in time, we can't be picky about this. I'll gladly take a handheld release.

AGoodODST

Well, last year they released a whole bunch of short pre recorded Developer Directs after the main E3 Direct without any prior warning; Donkey Kong, Smash, Mario and Wind Waker HD all had them. They will probably do the same this year.

RM8

Yo-kai Watch special. Or mass Dragon Quest localizations (Monsters, Monsters 2 and VII). It's so obvious!

:(

As seen, considering the amount of time dedicated to it, it might be something big for Nintendo, but not for Nintendo fans. Something to drive sales or such.

-Horizon-

With the new 3DS game presentation going to take a good chunk of time, I'm thinking it will release this year. So I don't think it will have to do with the NFC stuff since that will come out next year.

If it's a new Mario I think it'd be a legit departure from the 3D/New series. Nintendo wants to sell systems, more sequels won't help much.

Not that they won't do new games in those lines, just that they wouldn't make such a big deal of it.

Metroid wouldn't sell many consoles on its own either of course...

I doubt it's any one, single game. It's probably several 3DS games inducing an unannounced one.
I can't imagine what they could possibly release on 3DS worthy of it's own 90 minute presentation, except for the NFC toy figurine thing... but I thought that was a Wii U project.

Top Bottom