• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Hosting Smash Bros and new 3DS Game Discussions at E3

backlot

What could they possibly announce for 3DS that would merit a 90 minute presentation? Only thing I could think of would be a new Pokemon game but they've already announced the next ones.

georly

I'd purchase physical Nintendo trading cards. I'd buy a lot. Use the codes on them to put them into the game. Yessss.

I'd play a nintendo hearhstone, where your heroes are basically smash bros characters, and your cards are lesser nintendo characters, akin to assist trophies and pokeballs.

Zalman

If it's not Majora's Mask 3D, I'm thinking NFC game for 3DS.

What else could they spend 90 mins on?
Why would they focus on a 3DS NFC game when that system won't support that until next year? Ideally they would talk about a Wii U NFC game first.

georly

Halo Metroid crossover for 3DS?

They're porting halo 5 to 3ds?

halo-5.jpg

It already stars samus, apparently

Mr-Joker

Banned
At first I thought the new 3DS game could be Majora's Mask 3D but then I thought why would Nintendo spend 90 minutes on an old game?

So my best bet is that it's either Dragon Quest VII, a new Metroid or something completely new that it will take us by surprise.

given the wording in Jason's tweet, this could just turn out to be fucking Pokemon

I don't think so, Pokémon is Game Freak baby and they would have straight up said it.

Instro

We have some signs(that patent and the hardware rumor) of new 3ds hardware coming, and lots of NFC related talk from Iwata, so I would guess that its some new game tying all of that together.

Wiz

Can't see them doing a dev round table on a remake so it's either Metroid or that NFC game.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
On a side note, I hope it's streamed via Nintendo's Treehouse coverage!

Is Mario 3D land 2 possible?

Edit : I think that NFC game is highly likely too. The concept, the NFC dongle, they have a lot to say about it.

Linkhero1

My guess is it's something related to NFC or a new Mario game. I just can't see them spending 90 minutes on any 3DS game unless it's featuring Mario or NFC.

I can't think of any unannounced 3DS game warranting a 90 minute presentation, but my guess is going to be Majora's Mask 3D, unless they are fooling us all and it's Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, even though it has been announced.

Are people really expecting them to spend an hour and a half on a remake? I mean I could understand if it was OOT or ALttP based on the history of those two games, but even then 90 minutes is still pushing it, especially for what is considered (at least by Nintendo) a side Zelda game.

Why would they talk about the 3DS version of NFC when the Wii U one is the only one coming out this year? Wouldn't they carve time out for that instead?

No, it's Metroid V (I hope). They're presenting it like this so that attendees can ask a bunch of questions that will get answers that assuage the fears of people who were burnt by Other M.

R0ckman

Why would they talk about the 3DS version of NFC when the Wii U one is the only one coming out this year? Wouldn't they carve time out for that instead?

No, it's Metroid V (I hope). They're presenting it like this so that attendees can ask a bunch of questions that will get answers that assuage the fears of people who were burnt by Other M.

This would be the smart thing. So we can bet that its a Majora 3D Q&A.

Top Bottom