• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo is the richest company in Japan with over $11 billion in cash and no debt

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Winners win

super-mario-headbang.gif

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Eh, they have about as much chance of acquiring Nintendo than they do getting Xbox console to #1 in marketshare.

That said, it was a years old tweet and more of wishful thinking than any real plan.
I'm not sure that's correct. Wasn't there a literal attempt by MS to buy Nintendo before the launch of the original xbox?

Cyberpunkd

Good - keep your sticky mitts away, Microsoft
They already tried, they got laughed at by Nintendo's execs:

When Bloomberg published an in-depth oral account of how the Xbox came to be for its 20th anniversary in 2021, it was revealed that the company asked Nintendo if it was willing to be acquired — and got laughed out of the room. "They just laughed their asses off," Xbox co-creator Kevin Bachus said. "Like, imagine an hour of somebody just laughing at you. That was kind of how that meeting went."

Imagine stone-faced old Japanese salarymen losing it so badly as to laugh at their interlocutors.

Last edited:

SHA

Vehicles get older and age as many products but Nintendo characters don't, we may actually see creatures getting extinct while people still talking about Mario and Zelda, that's it, it's nothing but confirmed, real humans are a liability compared to fictional characters, that's a shame.

Last edited:

Hudo

I too, am debt-free. Feels good.

Edit: Surprised at Square Enix making the list at all. I thought these fuckers were essentially drowning in debt.
But I genuinely thought that Toyota or Honda would be number one. Weird.

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

Vehicles get older and age as many products but Nintendo characters don't, we may actually see creatures getting extinct while people still talking about Mario and Zelda, that's it, it's nothing but confirmed, real humans are a liability compared to fictional characters, that's a shame.
Those creatures could well be humanity at this rate.

Reactions: Isa

marquimvfs

Surprised at Square Enix making the list at all. I thought these fuckers were essentially drowning in debt.
I also were surprised by the number that Capcom was, well below SE, Konami and Sega. But then was remembered the parallel business those companies run. SE is a major book/manga magazine publisher in japan. It makes sense they have more money in the bank than a gaming only company.

REDRZA MWS

Pretty sure that would go a great deal further in making current hardware. Last time they got me was the Wii, never again.

Top Bottom