• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Labo |OT| GAF's Cardboard LABOratory

iconmaster

Banned
Making Garage a more integral part adds an extra degree of functionality, distinguishes the Switch even more from other platforms and this is done with marginal investments and risks for Nintendo.

I really like the idea of making Garage a visual programming environment for the Switch platform, with or without Labo.

A take on Labo worthwhile to watch:

In this one George manages to keep his cinism in check, which is when i consider he's pieces are at it's best.

Among many things, he touches upon something i was pointing out since the announcement when some forumers (and investors it seems) where expecting for Labo to briskly move Switch untis: of course we are talking about entry price.

Hence the proposal made about having "Garage" visual programing language become an integrated part of the Switch or at the least sold for minimal cost of entry. This added with Nintendo selling the already existing kits and the future ones could give more people the chance to experience this concept and improve the chances for it success. TEBOI

Last edited:
This short video is a mix of Toycon customization and original creations:

As far as the customized Toycons showed the Mario 64 "Killer Piano" is a great homage.

Some Mario songs using various instruments among them the Labo Piano:

Really clever hack to use the touch screen as extra keys.

Last edited:

Andyliini

Today, a new Toy-Con was revealed: Vehicle Kit.
It comes with car, airplane and submarine controls, as well as software, of course. It releases September 14th.
Check it out here:

Last edited:

Andyliini

An overview trailer for the Vehicle Kit was released a few days back:

Today, Nintendo Minute showed a 15 minute run of the adventure mode:

The Vehicle Kit releases September 14th of 2018.

Last edited:
Top Bottom