• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Land Minigames Unveiled (Screens)

Videos:

Wii U Presentation: Trailer

IGN Walk-throughs:
Balloon Trip

Pikmin

Pikmin Adventure

ps1.jpg

Mario Chase

Metroid Blast

More here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/nintendo_land.html#

The 12 mini games are

Single Player (6 Games)
Donkey Kong's Crash Course
Balloon Trip Breeze
Octopus Dance (Game & Watch, no footage)
Yoshi's Fruit Cart (no footage)
Takamaru Ninja Castle
Captain Falcon's Twister Race (F-Zero)

Multiplayer (3 Games)
Animal Crossing: Sweet Day
Luigi's Ghost Mansion

-At least 2 stages (warehouse, mansion)

Mario Chase

Single & Multiplayer (3 Games)
Metroid Blast

16 stages, rumored. At least 8
Team, Hoard and Free-For-All modes.
Mecha-Ridley enemy.

http://gamewise.co/games/45809/Nintendo-Land/Attractions/Metroid-Blast
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/31750

The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest

Main campaign: 9 stages
Completing those unlocks several more stages
Time Attack mode: destroy all enemies across 3 different stages in as little time as possible.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2012/09/new-battle-quest-details-revealed-trailer/

Pikmin Adventure

Co-op and versus mode.
Bud Pikmin at Lvl 5, Flower Pikmin Lvl 10.
Higher levels for Pikmin possible.
Multiple levels to go through, in linear fashion.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/31717

Fireblend

Banned
This and Rayman Origins are the games I'm excited the most about for the WiiU... still unsure about getting it this year, though.

Peru

I will never not criticize the decision to not include this is as framework software on the system with possibility of DLC additional games, but the aesthethics are very appealing, clean, sharp, some character of their own.

meppi

Still unsure about this game, but I'm getting it alongside the black system anyway, so I guess I'll find out if I like it or not soon.

One thing I noticed was the felt look on the caps in the Zelda game.
Really stood out for me for some reason. Attention to details is what makes a difference sometimes. Very charming.

Kouichi

Nintendoland is my favorite of the launch titles and I think it looks great. The friends that I play Mario/Wii Party with will love it.

deleted

I'm really excited for Mario Chase and Coop Metroid. Looks like lots of fun!

Dunno whats going on in Pikmin though..

pdnyc

Neo Member
Same here that's why I was hoping Nintendo might have mentioned online multiplayer as well. Ah well guess I might get the white wiiu then.

It sounds like it will be strictly local multiplayer.

Oh, Ridley's actually in Metroid Blast? Nice touch.

I er...I'm liking the look of Mario Chase graphically and art style speaking...

I'm not sure if I want realistic lighting in a Mario game, I'd have to see it for myself before I made a final opinion on it, but Mario Chase doesn't look too bad there.

It will be interesting to see what they do for the first main 3D Mario title on there.

Yup, lighting on the Wii U. This looks great Pikmin and Metroid totally sold it to me. Hope I can get the packin SKU day one finances permitting.

Sinthetic

Awesome, thanks for the trailer.

I can definitely see myself blowing loads of hours on Balloon Trip.

Why wasn't F-Zero shown? What teasers.

Why would anyone rather play as their Mii than the franchise's main character? Anyway, Nintendo Land looks alright after all but I hope it's fun to play in single-player. Seems like most of these are meant for five-player games and even if you're lucky enough to have five controllers you still need to find four other friends who have time to come over and play some Nintendo games with you.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
So? You'd rather play as your Mii than Samus, Link, Olimar, Mario and whatnot? Why wouldn't you be in a theme park as a main character. Your response sounds weak to me, that is by no means a decent argument.

because that's not the point of the game. Mario is not visiting the theme park, "you" are visiting it

So? You'd rather play as your Mii than Samus, Link, Olimar, Mario and whatnot? Why wouldn't you be in a theme park as a main character. Your response sounds weak to me, that is by no means a decent argument.

Mario visiting a Nintendo theme park to play his own Mario-related game? What's the point? Why bother make it a theme park then?

You've never wanted to visit a Nintendo theme park? Also if you want to play as Mario why not play a Mario game?

zroid

Banned
I think Mario Chase looks amazing...like a toy factory. Maybe just me?

I think there is actually a weird animatronic thing going on here. I wouldn't have expected this based on what we'd seen of NintendoLand earlier. It's interesting, they are pushing the "theme park" motif more than I anticipated.

because that's not the point of the game. Mario is not visiting the theme park, "you" are visiting it

No, I'm not. My Mii that looks nothing like me is. And please don't tell me that you're trying to make it sound like a Nintendo game would be realistic. Nintendo games never have been and never, ever will be realistic. Because we don't want realistic games.

The point of the game is too have fun. The point is to play mini-games. The point is not to visit a freaking theme park. I mean listen to yourself. When your friend ask you want Nintendo Land is, do you say that it's a theme park or a mini-game collection? When your friend asks you what you're doing, do you say that you're visiting a theme park or playing a game? This is a mini-game collection, no matter what you call it. And why, I repeat, why would you not be able to play as the actual characters in the mini-games? Like your Miis are controlling the actual characters or whatever.

There's only one answer to my question, I guess. Laziness. Instead of programming a whole lot of characters, why not just use the same character across all mini-games. Brilliant. Why put effort into the game, right? Why not just make a hub that looks like a theme park and save a whole lot of development time. And you're falling for it. God Nintendo are genius.

You've never wanted to visit a Nintendo theme park? Also if you want to play as Mario why not play a Mario game?

Mario Chase is not a Mario game? What next, Super Mario Galaxy 3 and New Super Mario Bros U2 won't feature Mario as a playable character?

Top Bottom