• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Selects: 5 Wii U games coming to Europe on April 15th (TWWHD, DKTF)

ramparter

Banned
3D World not being included in this makes absolutely no sense. Especially as it's in the Select range for the US.

Nintendo Land as an inclusion is almost as strange given it was a pack-in for so long and has been available for under the new price for most of its life.

It would make sense from business point if they wanted to first push those titles which were older and have SM3DW in a next wave. But knowing Nintendo, it will probably be a long time before we get another bunch.

ZeroX03

Banned
Tropical Freeze is the greatest platformer of all time. Not optional. Buy it.

Guess it's finally time for me to get Lego City.

DarkTom

I wonder if the eShop prices will match these new retail prices ? I think that was not the case for the 3DS selection but I can't get a confirmation.

EDIT : I see I'm beaten...

ramparter

Banned
I'd hope so,but clarification would be appreciated

These titles will also be made available for €24,99 / £19.99 (incl. VAT) on Nintendo eShop on the same day
Clarification aready provided.

I wonder if the eShop prices will match these new retail prices ? I think that was not the case for the 3DS selection but I can't get a confirmation.
No, prices were also adjusted for 3DS select games.

NateDog

Apologies if this is a stupid question but are these digital only? Been looking for NintendoLand for ages but man is it hard to find for a decent price now.

ramparter

Banned
Apologies if this is a stupid question but are these digital only? Been looking for NintendoLand for ages but man is it hard to find for a decent price now.

No. It's digital and physical, though you get a Nintendo Selected boxart.
CdLcwgkW0AAzk5Q.jpg:large

Jucksalbe

Banned
Does the combined version of NSMBU+NSLU work with the save files of the separate releases? Might sell those for this new release if so.

At that price if you don't buy Lego City you deserve to get your Wii U robbed by a smackhead who'll sell it to cash converters so someone who actually deserves to own it can buy it cheap

Rodin

I can finally re-buy Lego City Undercover at a reasonable price! Fab game.

Do we know if these editions come with a reversible cover? I want to finally buy Lego City too for that price, but i don't want the shitty cover and i don't have 22GB free on my Wii U.

NateDog

No. It's digital and physical, though you get a Nintendo Selected boxart.

Awesome, thanks! This will help greatly, although I think I saw a copy of the Lego City LE somewhere local so I still might try go with that, I thought it looked cool but I never expected people here to give it such glowing praise as I never really heard anything about it otherwise.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Did they ever improve the load times in Lego City? It's a great game, except for the long load times. I hope they attempt a sequel.

Persona7

Banned
It would make sense from business point if they wanted to first push those titles which were older and have SM3DW in a next wave. But knowing Nintendo, it will probably be a long time before we get another bunch.

Rumor is fall for another selects launch.

Tarps

These are coming out next week, thought this thread might be worth a bump.

I was definitely up for WWHD, but I've also pre-ordered Lego City Undercover based on the praise in this thread.

Zalman

Having both Mario U and Luigi U on one disc will be pretty convenient. I know it's been available in NA forever, but in EU it was basically a Wii U bundle exclusive.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Lego City was an amazing game, pure fun all the way through and one of the best ending sequences ever. I hope to god that we get an NX sequel... the original becoming part of the Nintendo Selects collection gives me at least a tiny bit of hope!

Did anyone pick up Lego City off the eShop at its new price?

I'm really curious as to whether having this game installed on a HDD improves its load times, as with Xenoblade X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Earlier games saw no major load time improvements when installed to a HDD, so I wonder whether Nintendo changed that with a later system update or something.

oni-link

Picked up DK:TF and Wind Waker HD at those prices, would also grab Woolly World and Captain Toad if they ever got sold at £20

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Picked up Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. It'll come with the mic for PC I ordered this Wednesday. Finally!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sticker Star! Finally I can see what all the hype is about. My first venture into the Paper Mario series. Can't wait.

Tropical Freeze is one of the best platform games ever made, go buy it NOW. Also Lego City is nice, the humor in that game was fantastic.

Ninja Dom

I bought Tropical Freeze when it launched on Nintendo Select in April. So this month and last month are the first time I've ever played it.

It's okay. I can't say it's the best platform ever and I can't yet see why it's praised so much. But it's okay so far.

Efejota

So, is New Style Boutique/Style Savvy Trendsetters worth buying for this price?
Since the sequel seems much more complete.

mclem

Having played through (and thoroughly enjoyed) Undercover, I'm pondering The Chase Begins. I haven't bothered with the handheld Lego titles in the past, but given that this is a prequel, I'm a bit tempted (If nothing else, it'd be nice to see what happens prior to Undercover). Any thoughts? Is it worthwhile?

Top Bottom