• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I'm so fucking thrilled for Shovel Knight and it being the complete edition coming to Switch. I bought it for N3DS and loved it, but then I sold it, and rebought a N3DS and then I had to buy the game again. I'll be there on Switch. Splatoon and Shovel Knight are my sure-fire gets.

What was the rumored GameCube games coming to VC? I remember Luigi's Mansion. Was the others Super Mario Sunshine and Eternal Darkness?

we're talking about the company that ended an e3 conference with nintendoland fireworks and released fuckin' federation force in light of a huge metroid IP drought. their recent track record certainly has some blemishes

nintendo is my favorite gaming company, i'll buy whatever they put out, and everything we've seen of the switch and its marketing indicates that they may have actually learned from their mistakes with the U. but that doesn't mean i can't see them doing something to mess it up

e: i think $250 is a great price
Hey im just tryna counter your future sight with mine. You said they will I said they wont.

I'm so fucking thrilled for Shovel Knight and it being the complete edition coming to Switch. I bought it for N3DS and loved it, but then I sold it, and rebought a N3DS and then I had to buy the game again. I'll be there on Switch. Splatoon and Shovel Knight are my sure-fire gets.

What was the rumored GameCube games coming to VC? I remember Luigi's Mansion. Was the others Super Mario Sunshine and Eternal Darkness?

melee!

Hey im just tryna counter your future sight with mine. You said they will I said they wont.

i certainly hope they don't!! bring it on!! i'm too hyped

The more I think about it, the more I buy the 4chan rumour.

Super Mario Odyssey works as a title, the plane mechanic makes sense with the jetsetting tour idea hinted at with the Mexican-themed world.

And 1,2, Switch is a terrible name for a mini-game compilation. And having a minigame compilation at launch would suck in what remains of the Wii audience.

Some of that is so bizarre or underwhelming that it doesn't seem like obvious fanfic.

Nairume

Banned
Not saying he's telling the truth or lying but isn't this like THE easiest way to pass off a rumor?

- Hear Metroid is is development
- Say you've heard of the developer, "not who you expected"
- Literally anyone could be announced and you can claim you're right

Even if it's Retro he can still get away with it by saying something like "Yeah I didn't expect it would be them I thought they were working on something else"
Maybe, or maybe there's the possibility that he was telling the truth the whole time.

Chrono321

I would like to see the new-old battle mode from Mario Kart as a showcase for a local 4-8 players multiplayer experience! That would be quite nice!!!

JonnyKong

The more I think about it, the more I buy the 4chan rumour.

Super Mario Odyssey works as a title, the plane mechanic makes sense with the jetsetting tour idea hinted at with the Mexican-themed world.

And 1,2, Switch is a terrible name for a mini-game compilation. And having a minigame compilation at launch would suck in what remains of the Wii audience.

Some of that is so bizarre or underwhelming that it doesn't seem like obvious fanfic.

I'm with you, I'm leaning more towards believing it than not at the moment. I hope it's not true, cos those mentioned games sound kinda lame.

Pachimari

Thanks! I guess I can skip out on that, and just go for Luigi's Mansion and Sunshine as I missed out on those when I had a GameCube.

I guess Tekken 7 could also be a game I will look into, just to have it portably. But with me already getting it for PS4 and considering the PC release too, it might be way too much. Will probably get the Switch version instead of PC then.

Spy

I would like to see the new-old battle mode from Mario Kart as a showcase for a local 4-8 players multi-player experience! That would be quite nice!!!
I would love to be able to change the speed for Battle Mode in Mario Kart. Isn't it capped at like 100cc? 200cc would be amazing.

Instro

I know there's a studio (not Retro) that has been working on a Metroid game for a long time. Game went into development hell but now seems to be fine.

Don't know if will release for 3DS or Switch, though. As I said, it's been a loooong time.

That said, can't really backup my statements without putting in jeopardy my sources.

I don't know either if is the same game/studio OBE1 is talking about.

Would you be able to comment as to whether it's a studio owned by Nintendo or not? I mean to ask if it's one of their usual studios, or partner studios, or if its an outside developer.

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/819305971772227585

A limited quantity of pre-orders for the #NintendoSwitch will begin on 1/13 at 9AM while supplies last at #NintendoNYC.

Deeez mutha fuckas

Oh lawd! Imma be in line on 48th street between 5th and 6th Ave for SO MANY hours tomorrow between getting in to the 250 to watch the conference (and hopefully meet Aonuma? Please please) and then I'm guessing immediately getting back in line for the 9am open because so many will be doing that

NateDrake

Is this a hint or something? :p

I just heard about your health issues. Get well soon!!

Nah, not really a hint. Just trying to bring people down to Earth after all the speculation of a From Software, Platinum, etc...developed Metroid game.

Thanks!

NeoAthanasius

Neo Member
I'm happy I'm off work and my Gamestop is in a relatively rural area. Also it's right next door to a starbucks so if I have to wait outside during winter atleast I'll have coffee.

My Gamestop is also next to a Starbucks! That is going to help pass the time. But I live on the outskirts of Houston so I'm scared that there will be a huge crowd there...thankfully there are also 4 Gamestop stores within a 10 minute drive from my house. I REALLY need to get a preorder for this thing.

v2ri04g8p49y.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw..._rnintendoswitch_this_is_for_you_culmination/

what-ok

Nah, not really a hint. Just trying to bring people down to Earth after all the speculation of a From Software, Platinum, etc...developed Metroid game.

Thanks!
I was going to go there. Thanks for helping me keep my shit together. I was about to go off on a hunch rant.

I have a feeling it's either Federation Force 2 and that will finally cut the cord for fans, or it's a revamped 2D Metroid to appease fans of the IP. please be the latter

Are there any benefits to pre-ordering hardware at a physical location over online? I'd like to go through EB Games, and I'm assuming that I'll be able to pre-order online and choose which store I'll pick it up at on launch day, the same way I would with a game.

the real question for me is when online pre-order will start. Thursday night? or Friday morning? Will we get any sort of set time? Or will we be F5ing all night?
I'm hoping there will be some kind of announcement at the end of the presentation saying when online pre-orders will begin. I'm debating if I should nap before the event, or take my chances going to bed afterwards and relying on one of my friends staying awake and texting me when pre-orders are live.

Raet

Tomorrow we are going to see next-gen Mario
I can't believe it, so excited... Super Mario 64 2 here we come!

Yeah, my imagination sucks. Would never have guessed they'd make a game like Galaxy, so I'll trust EAD with whatever they do from now on!
Just not a 3D runner.

IrishNinja

so wait, presser is tomorrow night at 11 then - what's the chances BB takes online preorders around then without completely breaking down?

also hype trainnnnnnnn

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Liam rumors are depressing
Metroid exists but dont expect it on friday
Rabbids x Mario exists but dont expect it on friday

Soo. .. should we expect just few games trusting N is developing many games this time (for real) without seeing them?
Lol
The infamous wiiu launch window. ..

LoveCake

Is there a list of streams to watch?
I was thinking that Twitch may be the best site to watch it on?

Will the announcement stream/video be in Japanese or in English?

I am in the UK and am going to try and get up at 4am to watch it with you lot here.

Ogodei

I have a feeling it's either Federation Force 2 and that will finally cut the cord for fans, or it's a revamped 2D Metroid to appease fans of the IP. please be the latter

No way they're making a Fed Force sequel after how the original was received.

I mean, i know sometimes Nintendo turns right around on sequels without waiting on reception (hello: Color Splash), but not with a weird game like Federation Force.

Raet

I really hope the difficulty of the new 3D Mario is closer to Galaxy 2 than the original.

IMO the original Galaxy, while amazing, was a bit too easy. I don't mind some levels being less challenging, but the sequel was more balanced on that, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom