• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is my hype so low?

I don't know, I am giddy as hell. There's so much we still don't know about this thing, even if all the rumors are true. I am particularly excited to learn about the ancillary aspects of the console. I hope they go into some detail about the OS and online/account features. I'd love for Miiverse and StreetPass to return. I also hope we get some Virtual Console info and that it's available at launch this time.

jlscool

Hey guys. I was just informed from a co-worker about the weather on Friday (I'm in St Louis, MO) and it does not look good with a forecast of 1/4" ice. I hope I can make it to the store to stand in line at Gamestop to get my preorder in, but that does make the odds better for getting one (less people), so not sure if good or bad.

Frodo

When is this? Got a counter?

On the OP:

t1484280000z1.png

GaussTek

Guys, what's the easiest way to do a bingo card with images, but without using PS? Is there some sort of online tool or something like that :p

ubiblu

Hey guys. I was just informed from a co-worker about the weather on Friday (I'm in St Louis, MO) and it does not look good with a forecast of 1/4" ice. I hope I can make it to the store to stand in line at Gamestop to get my preorder in, but that does make the odds better for getting one (less people), so not sure if good or bad.

I can't understand how a first-world country like America doesn't have online pre-ordering with store pick-up. EB Games in Australia have offered this option since the Switch reveal.

optimiss

I imagine that having a 1440p screen would also dramaticallly reduce battery life, possibly to the point of making it a nonviable system unless they made it much thicker with a heavier battery. So it's not just the price alone that dictates their choice here.

Yeah, very good point. It would definitely hurt battery life. Oh well.

Matbtz

I'm actually so psyched about local multiplayer possibilities. Pulling my switch out of my bag, playing mario kart with my friend, or splatoon, or whatever else they come up with.

Yes me too ! I hope you can play local multiplayer with 2 switch next to each other and also still play online at the same time (like in the splatoon commercial)

Dekuboy

Neo Member
Anyone knows something about patents?

Someone on 4chan saying "He working the set up for the event in europe"

Naming a game fron Frozenbyte called Has been Heroes.

and there is a patent of it, which also have this

"Video game cartridges; Video game cartridges and cassettes; Video game cartridges and discs; Video game discs; Video game software; Video game tape cassettes; Video and computer game programs; Virtual reality game software; Virtual reality software for playing computer games and video games for computers and video game machines"

Links:

https://trademarks.justia.com/870/74/has-been-87074913.html
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/363582251#p363590243

OneUh8

I can't understand how a first-world country like America doesn't have online pre-ordering with store pick-up. EB Games in Australia have offered this option since the Switch reveal.

Of course we can. That is what I do. However then you are dealing with millions of people hitting f5 every second which kills the sites. You take your chances either way.

"Video game cartridges; Video game cartridges and cassettes; Video game cartridges and discs; Video game discs; Video game software; Video game tape cassettes; Video and computer game programs; Virtual reality game software; Virtual reality software for playing computer games and video games for computers and video game machines"

Links:

While I'm sure frozenbyte's game will be coming the guy is obviously talking out of his ass cos he said there's a bomberman game

By the way are their any other "events" in europe known to be planned apart from the one in london?

Links:

I shouldn't believe
but Bomberman hype!

greelay

Alls I need is Animal Crossings and a couple good RPGs. (It's to early to announce Pokemon Stars, right?)

I've been stuck with pre-order duty for the family. Really hope Amazon and Best Buy don't give me too much crap about multiple orders.

I feel like it is never too early to tell people that this is the new pokemon platform.

Dekuboy

Neo Member
While I'm sure frozenbyte's game will be coming the guy is obviously talking out of his ass cos he said there's a bomberman game

By the way are their any other "events" in europe known to be planned apart from the one in london?

But how else should he now about the game from frozenbyte? I mean I googled it and there is nothing regarding it. And all this game cardrigde stuff in the description. Also there is one in Germany.

What does "Zelda jank" mean?
Just that Zelda movement. You know how a game control? Dont no other game control like Zelda. The ladder climbing animation in all Zelda games, the feet clipping on the stores. The super "tight" controls. Botw seem to be a bit different because of the physics engine but you can still see and presumably feel it.

Its what make Zelda to me. Every franchise got their own "jank"

Dascu

But how else should he now about the game from frozenbyte? I mean I googled it and there is nothing regarding it. And all this game cardrigde stuff in the description. Also there is one in Germany.

Video game trademarks are public. Frozenbyte registered this title half a year ago.

Just that Zelda movement. You know how a game control? Dont no other game control like Zelda. The ladder climbing animation in all Zelda games, the feet clipping on the stores. The super "tight" controls. Botw seem to be a bit different because of the physics engine but you can still see and presumably feel it.

Its what make Zelda to me. Every franchise got their own "jank"

That's... not what "jank" means..

Safe first party bets for all three days mixed with hopes/dreams:

- BotW has a big presence on Treehouse stream and hands-on experience (deservedly) and has some significant new feature shown during the event itself. Not sure what to make of the launch date in Europe tho.

- 3D Super Mario Bros. will be as described by the leakers and will be available at launch. Open, adventure/exploration style Mario title with 2 player coop with a kind of tether being used to keep the players from getting too far apart (I imagine just like the existing kind of "bubble" system in 3DW that brings P2 back to P1). Coop will be a feature element and I wouldn't be surprised to see multiple playable characters (hoping they include the 3DW cast plus just a couple more).

- MK8+ is shown, out this summer. Some new content shown at the event, with more updates on new content from now until release.

- Spla2n is announced as a launch title. I guess the word is that this is more of an MK8+ situation so I guess we could call it that too. Basically I think it'll have enough new content to make the purchase more than worth it. Curious what they'll do for controls without the gamepad though.

- Maybe mention of the Mario x Rabbids RPG? Depends on if they position Ubisoft as a major partner at the show with BG&E2 and perhaps an Origins+Legends combo game? I think they'll make a good hoopla about Ubi support for Switch, so seeing the RPG wouldn't surprise me. Curious about launch timing for this.

- Pokémon Stars is briefly touched on as a thing that exists, maybe some footage just to show us how it's looking and then a "please look forward to more."

- New IP probably for launch day.

- Surprise "series revival."

- Super Smash Bros for Switch is announced last, showing two new characters: Ice Climbers and Rayman. Obviously this is a big ??? as to whether it'll even be at the event, but I have a feeling they recognize the strength of using this event to hype any new Smash content. If this appears tomorrow, I would expect full Smash-hype marketing to ensue until launch (Fall 2017).

Can't guess about third parties since they could very well just thumb their noses and say "we can't promise support until we know the success of the console." But I have a pretty good feeling Nintendo convinced a few of the bigger ones to be there at launch. I have a slight hunch DSTrilogy could be a thing announced tomorrow (I know what FS has said regarding this), plus there's Skyrim and sports titles. Honestly the third party support is the biggest unknown for me going in and it's also one of the most important things that need to go right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom