• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting my predictions:

First Party
  • Breath of the Wild is indeed a launch title, in NA. EU is delayed 1-2 weeks. Please understand.
  • Mario Switch is very similar to 3D World; Wario appears as a character this time.
  • Splatoon is not quite a sequel, but is a massively updated port. Octolings are finally playable.
  • Smash is shown; at least one newcomer will be revealed.
  • Mario Kart is MK8 with 4 additional cups, more characters, and classic Battle Mode. Called Mario Kart Infinite and will be updated for the Switch's lifespan.
  • A bizarre new IP, even stranger than Splatoon is revealed.
  • Pikmin 4 is revealed.
  • Pokemon Stars is not mentioned.
  • A brief sizzle reel teases games to be elaborated on during the Treehouse stream.
  • MOTHER 3
  • Rabbids Kingdom Battle is revealed to little applause.
  • New Mario Strikers revealed; gritty Rosalina quickly proves a fan favorite.

Third Party
  • Skyrim Remastered is confirmed, obviously. Launch day.
  • Sonic Mania is confirmed; Project 2017 gets a new teaser.
  • Monster Hunter is shown in some capacity.
  • Marvel VS Capcom Infinite shown off; one new Marvel and one new Capcom fighter revealed.
  • Tecmo shows off a new Nintendo-themed Warriors game. Fire Emblem?
  • Tekken 7.
  • Dark Souls Trilogy confirmed.
  • Dragon Quest incoming.
  • Indie sizzle reel that contains conspicuous UNDERTALE footage, with no comment on Nintendo's part.

AdanVC

AGITΩ;228060467 said:
Anyone else think Nintendo will go Physical for Zelda of the Switch but go digital only on Wii U? Since they've been clearing up inventory for most retailers on the Wii U side of things, wouldn't it be a waste of cost just to make physical versions of the game on a now dead system?

Yeah I was thinking the same the other day actually! The Wii U version could go all digital or maybe have a physical release but in extremely limited copies, so much that it will become a rare piece instantly. Like the GC version of Twilight Princess but in way less quantities considering the userbase.

kubus

Why does it matter if he makes it 12 hours before? Do people seriously complain about things like that?
I'm not complaining, just asking what the point is of opening that thread so early. Without anything to discuss, it'll just be pages upon pages of people getting themselves hyped, and I think mods are pretty allergic to that kind of stuff. It's the same reason why OTs aren't allowed a week in advance anymore. Also, why split off the discussion when there's this thread?

If Rosti wants to post the thread then, that's fine. I'm not one to decide what he can or cannot - that's up to the mods. Just curious if there was any reason to do so.

BowieZ

Banned
If anything serious happens with the Trump allegation thing on TOP of the Nintendo Switch Direct, this will be without doubt one of the greatest weeks of all time.

R00bot

If anything serious happens with the Trump allegation thing on TOP of the Nintendo Switch Direct, this will be without doubt one of the greatest weeks of all time.

Which allegation? There's so many of them lol.

Back on topic, 1 day 22 hours and 30 minutes left until the Switch event.

I'm earmarking £350 for launch. I hope it's enough to splurge on games and accessories, but I may bump it to £400, shit. It's rare I'm this excited for a console. Last time was the PS4, and the Wii before that. I'm hoping Pikmin 4 and Zelda make it for launch at the very least, and the Splatoon port. That'd be enough for me, plus I want Nintendo to space things out a bit. No need for Mario AND Zelda at launch, for example.

This is the least hype I've felt for Nintendo ever, and it's a brand new home console unveiling. My disappointment with the Wii U, I guess, has had its toll.

I'm getting old aren't I?

Dinjoralo

Is it bad that the thing I'm most curious about right now is the design of the game cases?

I know I'm curious, too. Especially with the games being small chip-thingers, and brick-'n-mortar stores like Gamestop filling themselves with more merch crap and having less space for games.

carlsojo

Reposting my predictions:

First Party
  • Breath of the Wild is indeed a launch title, in NA. EU is delayed 1-2 weeks. Please understand.
  • Mario Switch is very similar to 3D World; Wario appears as a character this time.
  • Splatoon is not quite a sequel, but is a massively updated port. Octolings are finally playable.
  • Smash is shown; at least one newcomer will be revealed.
  • Mario Kart is MK8 with 4 additional cups, more characters, and classic Battle Mode. Called Mario Kart Infinite and will be updated for the Switch's lifespan.
  • A bizarre new IP, even stranger than Splatoon is revealed.
  • Pikmin 4 is revealed.
  • Pokemon Stars is not mentioned.
  • A brief sizzle reel teases games to be elaborated on during the Treehouse stream.
  • MOTHER 3
  • Rabbids Kingdom Battle is revealed to little applause.
  • New Mario Strikers revealed; gritty Rosalina quickly proves a fan favorite.

Third Party
  • Skyrim Remastered is confirmed, obviously. Launch day.
  • Sonic Mania is confirmed; Project 2017 gets a new teaser.
  • Monster Hunter is shown in some capacity.
  • Marvel VS Capcom Infinite shown off; one new Marvel and one new Capcom fighter revealed.
  • Tecmo shows off a new Nintendo-themed Warriors game. Fire Emblem?
  • Tekken 7.
  • Dark Souls Trilogy confirmed.
  • Dragon Quest incoming.
  • Indie sizzle reel that contains conspicuous UNDERTALE footage, with no comment on Nintendo's part.

Give me a Wario World as a launch title and I'm in day one.

AdanVC

Remember that everything we're going to see on the presentation this thursday is thanks to Mr. Iwata. It was his last major thing before going. I'm gonna be thinking about him the entire presentation :')

Remember that everything we're going to see on the presentation this thursday is thanks to Mr. Iwata. It was his last major thing before going. I'm gonna be thinking about him the entire presentation :')

The man was a true inspiration. He represented everything that I love about Nintendo; he will be truly missed. I only hope that he looks down on the Switch launch and smiles, proud of his final child.

AGITΩ

Do we know if this will be live dubbed or subbed?
Hoping we see Kimishima actually present for once, the man has been using others as the face of Nintendo, unless he doesnt have the stage presence of Iwata.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That's me sorted.

thatsabingolsuly.jpg

Drago

Does no one think Retro Studios new game will be at least teased? Hasn't it been several years since we've seen anything from them?

The timing lines up, they always take ~3 years to release a game and Tropical Freeze was 3 years ago. Even so I still don't expect their new game to be here, though I don't have a solid reason for thinking so. Just not getting my hopes up I guess lol

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Maybe I should sleep for the entirety of tomorrow so I can be up and awake all day for thursday

Speely

Banned
The timing lines up, they always take ~3 years to release a game and Tropical Freeze was 3 years ago. Even so I still don't expect their new game to be here, though I don't have a solid reason for thinking so. Just not getting my hopes up I guess lol

I get the not getting your hopes up thing, but look at it this way: Nintendo NEEDS to reveal a non-port/not being developed for the Wii U title at launch. They need something that says "Hey fuckers, it's a new day!"

The timing lines up for Retro in this capacity. I am expecting a teaser at most, but I think it will be there.

Griss

That's me sorted.

The XCX 'Still Shit' square hurts. Never has a game been more in need of a director's cut than this one. There's a decent game in there struggling to get out...

It'd need so much more than a port, though. It would need some fairly major surgery, and there's no way Nintendo does that for a niche RPG. In fact, I don't expect it to be ported in the first place.

Those first 5-10 hours were so fucking promising... gah!

Drago

I get the not getting your hopes up thing, but look at it this way: Nintendo NEEDS to reveal a non-port/not being developed for the Wii U title at launch. They need something that says "Hey fuckers, it's a new day!"

The timing lines up for Retro in this capacity. I am expecting a teaser at most, but I think it will be there.

But what if it's only DKCR3?
I'd be hyped as hell at least.

It makes total sense for their game to be there and it wouldn't be shocking to me if it was, but I guess I'd rather be safe then sorry. Don't wanna be disappointed if it's not there.

That's me sorted.

thatsabingolsuly.jpg

I'm really hoping the Donkey Kong series doesn't go into another weird experimental phase like it did after Rare was bought out but I do want Retro to move onto something new.

Monster Games could be put on a new DKC since they co-developed Tropical Freeze and ported Returns.
Or Diddy Kong Racing 2 because I still believe in Kevin Callahan damn it.

Speely

Banned
But what if it's only DKCR3?
I'd be hyped as hell at least.

It makes total sense for their game to be there and it wouldn't be shocking to me if it was, but I guess I'd rather be safe then sorry. Don't wanna be disappointed if it's not there.

Hah. Yeah I get that. Retro's reveal is certainly not something to hinge one's hopes upon. I am strangely optimistic, though.

Falchion

So pumped for the reveal on Thursday. As long as there's nothing crazy announced that makes me change my mind, I'll be at Gamestop on Friday morning ready to pre-order.

AdanVC

The man was a true inspiration. He represented everything that I love about Nintendo; he will be truly missed. I only hope that he looks down on the Switch launch and smiles, proud of his final child.

Amen! Man, he sure is going to be proud when this thing becomes a huge success! (I can feel this thing will be a success, let me dream! hah :'))

Ok now I'm a bit teareyed. I think I got a Wii U box on my eye :'((((

AGITΩ;228061143 said:
Do we know if this will be live dubbed or subbed?
Hoping we see Kimishima actually present for once, the man has been using others as the face of Nintendo, unless he doesnt have the stage presence of Iwata.

The man doesn't want to be the face of Nintendo, and in all likelihood he's going to be stepping down in the next couple years. Man is a temporary placeholder till the next president is picked (certainly already done behind closed doors) and groomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom