• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so guys, anyone else think the presentation may include region specific video segments? Would break up the yankyness of it all being in Japanese with live dubbing

Nibel

That's why I'm so happy that the Switch
(a) has a larger and higher definition screen
(b) can be docked into a TV

It's like a giant Hyper Game Boy *_*

The hype is getting to me a bit

Yeah, I can see myself spending a lot of time with the Switch's hardware functionality

And it didn't cramp my hands and wrists.

For reaaal; playing on my OG 3DS back then was torture, 3DS XL is slightly better but far from perfect

BY2K

Membero Americo
Even if the 4chan leak is real, considering it comes from a guy building the booths, we're probably only talking about the playable stuff at the event. So this is not all it.

Plus, there's a distinct lack of Japanese games, the list being mostly Nintendo first-party and Western indies. So I'm guessing playable games won't be the same in every region.

kulapik

Interesting. First clear look we get of the game cards. Guess this confirms red system title banner. I assume actual box arts will feature something very similar.

Edit: To put things into perspective, here's the 3DS and DS. Notice that the banner designs are near identical on both the carts and boxes (though the do differ in orientation).

This is making me realize that, if they're going to feature microsd hotswapping, they're could sell their own cards with a blank space to write on them something, and being able to name them on the console, so when you try to open a game on the menu it says "this game is stored in this card" so you can go get that card and put it in. It could be a smart way of handling the lack of space.

At this point, the expectations are so big we're bound to be collectively disappointed.

It's so hard to believe that Nintendo is prepared to blow this thing out... hasn't happened since, I don't know. There is no novelty anymore so they are supposed to have the games to amaze us, and this hasn't happened since forever.

Galava

Tekken might happen, it's my bet for a fighting game, who knows though.
mcgHA9i.png

The only reason I could see a SFII game is it is probably a low power draw in portable mode.

Consider this though, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 releases on PS4 and Xbone at the end of March. I think that would be the more likely game to be released.

SFII is great and all. But unless it is an Eshop game under $20. I'm going to guess it doesn't do well.

Also any new rumors on Rocket League and Overwatch for Switch?

Caelus

At this point, the expectations are so big we're bound to be collectively disappointed.

I'll probably be satisfied no matter what, I skipped the Wii U and am looking forward to an all-in-one Nintendo console. Zelda alone is a fantastic launch title which will last me months, 3D Mario is overkill but would be amazing, everything else is cherries on top.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm starting to seriously consider staying until 5AM awake.
This is not good.

Just imagine the anxiety of staying up all night and counting the hours until 5 AM. That's a terrible idea.

I'm thinking about trying to go to sleep earlier than usual just to make the time pass easier.

Playing God eater on the Vita right now and have been imagining how nice it'll be to have Monster Hunter in a similar form again with both sticks for the newer iterations. I never picked up a new 3ds so I've been touchscreen dpadding. It's totally functional but never fully intuitive. At launch or down the line, it'll be a real treat.

It's so hard to believe that Nintendo is prepared to blow this thing out... hasn't happened since, I don't know. There is no novelty anymore so they are supposed to have the games to amaze us, and this hasn't happened since forever.
All I want is for them to show more of the new Mario. That's it!

Mother 3 would be nice as well :p

Fellow GAF members, I just picture a scene, where people are playing local multiplayer games on Switch at every place. Imagining people are playing games at restaurant, McDonalds, park, or even offices makes me giddy. The majority of people may not want to spend money on a console/handheld since they can do it on their smartphone, albeit the complexity of games are much different, playing games with other people at anywhere is definitely a major factor to attract the casual players to buy a Switch. If Nintendo plays its cards right, I sincerely believe that it will start another social phenomenon.

I really don't think all the Western third-party support has leaked.

Sure, it'll be limited, but no one leaked Skyrim in advance, so why are some people expecting to have seen it all already?

Plum

Just imagine the anxiety of staying up all night and counting the hours until 5 AM. That's a terrible idea.

I'm thinking about trying to go to sleep earlier than usual just to make the time pass easier.

My worry if I go to sleep before 4am is that I'll sleep past the presentation and miss that sweet GAF hype/disappointment. Hopefully if I put like 5 alarms on at 3am-3:30 I should wake up in time.

Hell, if they are doing an updated SFII with more characters and online play, how about an update Mortal Kombat II or III with more characters and online play.

m4st4

I'm starting to seriously consider staying until 5AM awake.
This is not good.

Yeah, but the good stuff starts at 5AM... imagine being so overhwelmingly tired that you just have to get some sleep, while everyone else is analyzing the trailers and hyping the treehouse? Man, get some sleep, set the alarm and enjoy. ;)

do we know how long the presentation should take? 30 min, 1 hour? I want to know if I will be able to watch it

One hour min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom