• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to go in with the idea that the rumoured port that transformed into a sequel is Xenoblade XX-

When we talk about things that haven't had enough time to happen, this seems like the definition for me.

That said, I also just hope it isn't that unless they've completely overhauled the story and characters.

Anth0ny

woah, nintendo is letting people restream? the fuck?

anyone interested in a restream for GAF specifically? it would include my educated and CORRECT reactions, plus a chat experience that isn't just 100k people spamming dank memes ^_^

And a 3D Mario Maker? I mean, with the style of 3D World can be "easy" to make some powerful editor to add at the already awesome one that they have created.
Do you mean 3D like Mario Galaxy? I think that would be way to difficult to implement an editor for something like that.

I would prefer Zelda Maker as the sequel to Mario Maker.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
When we talk about things that haven't had enough time to happen, this seems like the definition for me.

That said, I also just hope it isn't that unless they've completely overhauled the story and characters.

They would use the same world, a lot of the characters and species and just go on with the story. They could re-use also a lot of the side quests slightly different.

Nintendo Game Maker. A Super Mario Maker-like editor that lets you make Nintendo-style games.

"Not happy with our games? Now you try making them you fucking asshole jerks"

Machina

Banned
How about this for a curveball.

People who have mentioned that there are two Zelda's in development are only half correct. The Switch version of Breath of the Wild is there and it harnesses the extra power in good ways, while on the other side of the coin, Nintendo throws their hat into the "remakes" ring by announcing a full AAA remake of one of their greatest games is in early development.

Wanna guess which one

LiamR

I asked around and there is one item on the 4Chan list that is legit, apparently. Doesn't mean the rest of it is though.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'll just say then that if this turns out to be the answer, I'll be super disappointed!

Is something was supposed to be a port and it's now not a port then obviously it was worked on the basis of the old game, not completely new.

Xenoblade X anyhow seemed just the 1st episode in a series.

The type of Xenoblade you want might still come at a later date.

It's probably Xenoblade. But Emily or Laura said Xenoblade was being ported by another dev and Monolith was making a brand new game.

I'm confused with this.

Nintendo Game Maker. A Super Mario Maker-like editor that lets you make Nintendo-style games.

"Not happy with our games? Now you try making them you fucking asshole jerks"

I want Captain Toad (Capitan Todd) Maker. Focus on smaller scale puzzles like in SM3DW and let everyone share them.

This I could see Captain Toad worlds are very blocky I can see how you could manipulate them quite easily.

sanstesy

It's probably Xenoblade. But Emily or Laura said Xenoblade was being ported by another dev and Monolith was making a brand new game.

I'm confused with this.

Yep, was just about to say that X2 is basically impossible if the rumour that Monolith is not doing the port is true.

How about this for a curveball.

People who have mentioned that there are two Zelda's in development are only half correct. The Switch version of Breath of the Wild is there and it harnesses the extra power in good ways, while on the other side of the coin, Nintendo throws their hat into the "remakes" ring by announcing a full AAA remake of one of their greatest games is in early development.

Wanna guess which one

At last, the Wand of Gamelon the way it was meant to be

not really sure where you were going with that

bomblord1

Banned
aW83p36_700b.jpg

Did something real quick. Thought it was appropriate.

If you put something in quotation marks, that suggests it's a direct quote, but I didn't say those exact words. I am saying the leak is fake. What I did not say is "all of this is fake" because I did not have the time to go through it all. There might, by some miracle, be something on there that's real but I just glanced over it and noticed the fake stuff that clashes with my information. I'm really trying not to be a dick, but there is a small distinction there.

:/

My entire education is based on Language Arts. I am a strong proponent for the proper use of language and frequently go out of my way to make corrections and suggestions to people's word-choice. They find this irritating and argue that I am incorrect, even when I know I am not. It makes me look like a sociopath, but it's something I am passionate about in the post-truth information culture.

That said, the difference between "The 4chan leak is completely fake" and "all of this is completely fake" is negligible and indistinct. Contextually, "The 4chan leak" refers to everything contained therein, especially supported by your use of the word "completely." While you are being misquoted, you are not being misinterpreted, because what you said is communicated identically regardless of how you are being paraphrased.

But I do understand, given how often you are attributed as a source of information and how often you are recognized as a publication entity rather than a contributor, that it would be important for you not to be misquoted. To that I would say: you have an immense amount of power when you tweet something. You are a proven and well-documented insider with friends and connections that have built your contentious reputation. If you are concerned about being misunderstood, you should take great care in what you post. Especially, you should not make a bold claim about something you didn't even read.

Like it or not, virtually everything you post on your Twitter is news. This is undoubtedly burdensome, but it is the truth. There have been times you've needed to come out and say "I didn't say that" (which is not a direct quote, of course, you will forgive my paraphrasing), and you obviously reserve the authority to do that. But your followers are your audience. The onus to be properly understood is on you.

In this situation, where you are not being misinterpreted based on what you actually posted, I think the lesson here is that your word choice should have been different, not theirs.

Please do not take this as disrespect and I hope you understand what I am saying. I am a big fan of your work, particularly on canceled projects. As a longtime a follower of yours and have learned, independently, not to interpret everything you say as a headline. But you cannot have the clout and influence you have without dealing with the responsibility of it. If you have had it with being misquoted and misinterpreted, you will need to be exceptionally careful with how you say what you want to say.

Is something was supposed to be a port and it's now not a port then obviously it was worked on the basis of the old game, not completely new.

The type of Xenoblade you want might still come at a later date.

There's a logic to that. And as to the last point, I can certainly hope.

darklin0

Banned
I am abstaining my vote due to no Thor 2: The Dark World movie tie in game.

Only a couple more hours till the event. I am excited.

Raet

So now Skyrim won't make launch all of a sudden (according to Emily). Did Bethesda strategically delay it when they learned Zelda would be a launch title?

Scrawnton

Guys it Splatoon. That's the easiest Wii U game to make new levels for and just say screw it and add enough to make it a true sequel.

I want to see a 3D Zelda by FromSoft.
They need to strategically price is so that people actually buy it. I bet they release it for $60 when the PS4 and Xbox One versions dropped to $30 super fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom