• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch eShops from other regions can easily be accessed

Jawmuncher

I just want to be sure of one thing.

The deleting of funds if you change your location is if say I have a US account, and change it to japan.

It would not affect making a Na account and a Seperate JP account correct?

LordRaptor

I just realised today in UK I can buy eshop credit using PayPal and it lets me use my PayPal Credit too. Perfect.

I am also in the UK, so I was just assuming I could do that for dollars and yen for foreign purchases, but another poster said paypal doesn't work, so I'm really confused now

kami_sama

Can you have two accounts from different regions at the same time on the Switch? If so, how can you choose with what account you access the eshop with?

unrealist

Since the region/country can be easily changed in Nintendo Account, can we just have one account and change it when we want to play games from a specific region?

Did it twice today, works flawless. I couldn't add more than 100€ though and i can't buy games in the german store yet.
I thought the wallet cap was nearer to €200? Though that said the daily limit on how much funds can be added is about €100 (I don't get why Nintendo don't say that anywhere...I managed a few years ago to technically overdraw due to pending charges it would still take).

Since the region/country can be easily changed in Nintendo Account, can we just have one account and change it when we want to play games from a specific region?
All your funds get deleted if you do it this way. Don't ask me why either. At least they grant the option I suppose.

Can you have two accounts from different regions at the same time on the Switch? If so, how can you choose with what account you access the eshop with?

I believe when you launch any game or eshop, it will ask you which account you want to use for that particular game/eshop

Genio88

I just realised today in UK I can buy eshop credit using PayPal and it lets me use my PayPal Credit too. Perfect.

Won't work, you gotta have a verified US paypal account to buy USA gift card from paypal, and to have that verified account you need a legit US credit card

TreIII

I just want to be sure of one thing.

The deleting of funds if you change your location is if say I have a US account, and change it to japan.

It would not affect making a Na account and a Seperate JP account correct?

That's what it looks like.

Since I have a JP NNID acct already that I was using for my JP 3DS and Wii U, I'm set. I just hope my credit card still works the same as it did for them, too.

JB2448

All your funds get deleted if you do it this way. Don't ask me why either. At least they grant the option I suppose.
Exchange rates being in a constant flux means that eShop balance manipulation is a possibility. It'd be a complicated issue that none of the major digital storefronts want to touch.

Zafir

Exchange rates being in a constant flux means that eShop balance manipulation is a possibility. It'd be a complicated issue that none of the major digital storefronts want to touch.

Well, I doubt that is what they're implying.

More what the Microsoft Account system does where you can have different, individual balances for every country.

I probably missed it, but I can be kind of slow lol.

If I want all I have to do is make sure my eshop funds are at $0 and I can still take that account and change it to a different region. I wouldn't have to worry about it deleting all my funds since I made sure the balance was zero.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Seems like you can do both, but if you Switch region from one account only you loose the money you had on that region, not sure about digital purchases though

Hmm. There's no way to currently see all digital content tied to account right?

Great account system...

I'm ok with one account per region compromise though... best would be you don't lose it but maybe can only access one region at a time

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm a bit confused. Do the cards not work from one region to the other or is just on card per card basis.

Also, are now Paypal and AMEX supported in eshop or still not?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so, stupid question
I'm linking my Nintendo Account (Italian one) to my personal Switch.
following this news, I should create another one, and linking this too to my Nintendo Switch, am I right? How can I create a JP and / or a NA account?

Genio88

so for example, i'm in Europe, if i buy the Zelda BOTW digital code from Amazon.com can i reedem it in the European eShop or i have to do it on the US eShop?

CDX

Question for you US guys, do you have to add taxes too to the eShop game prices? on Xbox One it's like that
That's how everything is priced in the US, at every store, retail or digital. You always have to add taxes to the advertised price. Tax is never included in the listed price.

Although the states of

Delaware
Montana
New Hampshire
Oregon

have no state sales tax. Alaska doesn't have a sales tax either, but some cities in Alaska do.

So if you're from outside the US. Keep those no tax states in mind when creating a US account.

Mandelbo

yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss FINALLY!

Just made my Japanese account! Gonna get that linked to my Switch as soon as I receive it.

It's kind of off topic, but does anyone know if there's a section on the eShop for themes? The option to change themes is right there in the settings menu, but I haven't seen any mention of whether there'll be additional ones available for download at launch.
I need them sweet japan exclusive themes that're bound to exist at some point

Skeletos311

Are there any pictures or video of Japanese demo downloading? Is it easy to get around? What does the "download demo" text look like in Japanese?

Aleh

No more Europe getting screwed by Pokémon releases, at least for digital! :D
Still salty about Sun and Moon lol

Hey, so is Blaster Master 0 in English from the Japan eShop? I think I may now need that day 1.

https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000000029

A google translate seems to suggest English. I might wait for someone who has the game to confirm though.

Pulling my post from another thread:
Just received confirmation from Matt Papa that both the US and Japanese releases have language selection options. So even though there is not much of a wait between the JP release on March 3 and the US one the following week, those who simply can't wait will have the full experience right on launch day.

unrealist

Sorry if this has been asked.

Once we buy a game from a specific region, say Japan.
If we stay logged on to a NA account, can we still launch the JP game?

Or do we have to login to JP account to play JP games and NA account to play NA games?

so, stupid question
I'm linking my Nintendo Account (Italian one) to my personal Switch.
following this news, I should create another one, and linking this too to my Nintendo Switch, am I right? How can I create a JP and / or a NA account?
Someone said you just go to wherever you create a Nintendo account online is at and it'll ask you to pick a region as you're creating it.

I would understand if this was the Wii Shop with its pretend money although they only ever implemented fund wiping <> Australia (which was annoying for Australians because so many things did not release there) despite the issue for any country.

I'd also understand if they had not already had the solution of separate wallet for each country on the 3DS eShop.

OmegaX

So I have a Nintendo account configured to Canada. It is linked with my NNID that is also Canadian because the Wii U/3DS eShop wouldn't let me use my Peruvian credit card but the Canadian eShop did.
My question is: Can I change my Nintendo account region to USA without unlinking my NNID or both Nintendo Account and NNID have to be from the same region?

deleted

Perfect! There's much more money on this launch than I expected. If the full game has an English option and I can buy the game with my CC I'll buy it asap!

Edit: This is such a great feature - thanks for all you've done Cheesemeister (even if I'm not exactly sure what it was you did :p)

Calm Mind

Really? The Japanese eshop says otherwise. Good news.

This is ironic in that the hardest titles to find supported language info for are the first party titles as in you can't just do it on the NCL website (because first party titles have minisites rather than summary pages). The eShop listing should furnish info but that requires being able to read the page rather than have google translate do it for you.

Really? That is not what NCL says:
https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000000035
I guess that could be another thing to considering is the listing info being wrong :( Hopefully it isn't wrong in saying it supports languages it does not.

Sorry for the misinformation. It's been a rather long day. I meant Disgaea 5 Complete.

Not sure if it's already known, but Disgaea 5 Switch JP has English options apparently.

Once again, sorry for the confusion.

Top Bottom