• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller just got FCC approval. Update: Gone in 15 minutes

BY2K

Membero Americo
Was able to get one at my nearest EBGames.

They told me they were the store with the most stock in the area.

Guys they are up on gamestop.com again as part of accessories or zelda bundle but you can buy the bundle and when you receive it go to a store with the receipt and return everything except the controler.

Hurrryyyyy

Jarnet87

I didn't preorder one, but I might check out a local target and walmart the morning of the launch when they open and see if I can grab one. Will try out the joycons on the grip and if that works fine return it.

The Gamestop by where I live got 10 Pro Controllers in for pre order. Clerk said no one came in asking for them but said that there are alot of people constantly coming in trying to pre order the Switch. She said that was surprising because their customer base in that area are more Pro X-Box brand.

I pre ordered a Pro Controller even though I said I wouldn't.

:/

I put down $5 for one in GameStop the other day as the associate told me they had 1 left that hadn't been reserved. I asked him to confirm they'd have it for me on launch day and he equivocated. I think he said "We should" or something like that. I never do pre-orders, so can someone tell me: does my pre-order for this controller guarantee that I'll have one on launch day, or does GameStop just not give a fuck?

Erekiddo

Thanks to this thread, I noticed this while headed into work and Best Buy still had them up. Got an order in for shipping right before they closed off.

A little bummed I missed Amazon's link, but, first world problems.

Nah, not yet. It still says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

I wish it would update already.
I know really hoping it comes launch day.

tsundoku

I put down $5 for one in GameStop the other day as the associate told me they had 1 left that hadn't been reserved. I asked him to confirm they'd have it for me on launch day and he equivocated. I think he said "We should" or something like that. I never do pre-orders, so can someone tell me: does my pre-order for this controller guarantee that I'll have one on launch day, or does GameStop just not give a fuck?

Gamestop only gives a fuck about taking your $5 <-> fully paid off preorder and actively investing that money in short term volatile stocks bonds shorts etc so they can end up making "more" from the final sale in accounting terms.

No preorder ever guarantees you a product shipped to the store and not even if you pay it off. Your only guaranteed option is to become a white whale for the management/staff at the store by giving them strong attach rates like accessories needless warranties card signups etc such that they will actually value your continued patronage and consciously hold your pre ordered products and not sell them to the first angry parent who walks in yelling about whatever with kids/teens to satisfy their demands and make them leave.

shanafan

Debating on keeping my Pro controller preorder. Any reason why you would think this controller is a must-have? I loved the Wii U Pro controller, but I think I appreciated it more for COD BO2 and Ghosts on the Wii U.

But for Zelda.. you think the attached joy cons would just be fine?

Dsyndrome

My Amazon order for the Pro updated to March 7th, almost tempted to cancel and just go with Best Buy since they're still available.

TheBear

Has anyone had hands on with the Pro compared to the joycon grip? Is it definitely the way to go for playing on TV?

Bogeypop

Whoa looks like Best Buy finally ran out of Switch Pro Controllers after having them up for a few weeks. Glad I finally decided to stop procrastinating and pre-ordered one last week.

Top Bottom