• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller just got FCC approval. Update: Gone in 15 minutes

Bogeypop

For those of you who pre-ordered from Amazon JP, what did your delivery date end up being? If the delivery date isn't too much later after the Switch launch I might consider pre-ordering a Switch Pro Controller from Amazon JP.

Is preordering from the Jap store the same as US, where they don't charge until the item is shipped? Just curious so I can keep track of the transactions.

Cerium

For those of you who pre-ordered from Amazon JP, what did your delivery date end up being? If the delivery date isn't too much later after the Switch launch I might consider pre-ordering a Switch Pro Controller from Amazon JP.

March 6-7. Everyone else has reported the same.

Is preordering from the Jap store the same as US, where they don't charge until the item is shipped? Just curious so I can keep track of the transactions.
Yes.

TAS

To my Canadian peeps..EB Games is taking pre orders for the Pro Controller. I just reserved mine about an hour ago in store. I guess I can cancel my Amazon pre order now. :)

Kaelan

Damn, at least it was up for a while on amazon JP. I was browsing amazon JP and they actually have a switch "section" and way better accessories than amazon US :/

I honestly didn't really think about it and just assumed it was short for Japan, when it could be seen as short for Japanese. Point noted, and I appreciate the info. Thanks for not taking me out of context, as that is a rarity on the internet.

Just use JPN, no racial slur can be made fro mit.

bigmac996

To my Canadian peeps..EB Games is taking pre orders for the Pro Controller. I just reserved mine about an hour ago in store. I guess I can cancel my Amazon pre order now. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I have one coming from Amazon but I might just do this to get it day one.

IS it really going to be rare? How can Wii U Pro not be rare but this is? Im sure they'll stock more, right?

They'll definitely stock more, it's just a matter of when. Worst case, they won't be easy to find until a few weeks after launch. Best case, more preorders go up before March. It's hard to say.

Dang must have had good luck with the Wii U Pro controller. Was able to get mine at the store easy-peasy at launch. Hope for the best I suppose.

Blurry15

I'm sure going to be more than that, over 10,000 pesos at least in Mexico

So what is that? Roughly $500? That can't be true can it. Are games and game peripherals that expensive in Mexico? I mean I really see game shops when I go but is it really that expensive?

Whoa. I live in Jordan, a middle eastern country known for excessive import fees, but I don't get charged for import fees by Amazon for buying the Pro Controller, or even a Pro Controller + Zelda. Only when I tried to put Pro controller + Zelda + Joy-Cons in one order then it trigger import fees ($100 !).

Can't believe I have it better than Canadians.

thats cause other countries have way better duty limits, anything imported with a price over $20 can be subjected to duty fees in canada

in america the limit is $800

KHlover

Banned
NCL after seeing that all their Switch consoles and Pro controllers were bought by dirty gaijins:

"Removing region locking was a mistake"

You guys are damn lucky, you don't have to pay taxes/duties/import fees. :(

gLWgCeU.png

At least Amazon, unlike eBay's Global Shipping Program or DHL, will actually refund the fees if it weren't actually collected. That's why it's called 'deposit'. At least this has been my experience buying from Amazon US and shipping to Japan. They refunded the $8 import fees they charged on my Anova Cooker.

thats cause other countries have way better duty limits, anything imported with a price over $20 can be subjected to duty fees in canada

in america the limit is $800

Oh damn. Our limit is supposed to be around $140 but it can be so random sometimes, I've been charged for items priced as way less, and when it happens you pay like 60% on top, which is ridiculous.

Does the $20 limit for Canada apply to goods imported from the US as well?

plidex

You guys are damn lucky, you don't have to pay taxes/duties/import fees. :(

gLWgCeU.png

Unless you have to pay more than USD 420 for your Switch, I'd say that you are lucky too.

GgX4yVX.jpg

EDIT: I'm not complaining, I'm lucky that Amazon Global exists, otherwise I would have to pay much more in my country. On the local eBay one seller is taking preorders for USD 530, and that's probably grey market. One real store don't have preorders but they estimate they are going to sell them for around USD 600.

The Wii U is still being sold at USD 600 http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-440819783-pre-venta-nintendo-wiiu-32-gb-mario-kart-8-_JM

Genocyber

On the Nintendo site, the description for the Pro controller states "Take your game sessions up a notch with the Pro Controller. Includes motion controls, HD rumble, built-in amiibo functionality, and more."

What additional features or functionality does Nintendo mean when they say "and more"?

KHlover

Banned
On the Nintendo site, the description for the Pro controller states "Take your game sessions up a notch with the Pro Controller. Includes motion controls, HD rumble, built-in amiibo functionality, and more."

What additional features or functionality does Nintendo mean when they say "and more"?
Dpad ;)

Atheerios

Unless you have to pay more than USD 420 for your Switch, I'd say that you are lucky too.

GgX4yVX.jpg

EDIT: I'm not complaining, I'm lucky that Amazon Global exists, otherwise I would have to pay much more in my country. On the local eBay one seller is taking preorders for USD 530, and that's probably grey market. One real store don't have preorders but they estimate they are going to sell them for around USD 600.

The Wii U is still being sold at USD 600 http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-440819783-pre-venta-nintendo-wiiu-32-gb-mario-kart-8-_JM

Wait.. did you buy the Switch with Amazon global? On which Amazon store? Because Amazon US doesn't do global shipping for the Switch.

Wait.. did you buy the Switch with Amazon global? On which Amazon store? Because Amazon US doesn't do global shipping for the Switch.

Some European Amazon sites ship to certain countries within Europe (dat Eurozone). Even though on the product page it say it can't be shipped, but you can go through checkout and it will place the preorder.

There aren't any Amazon sites that ship the Switch overseas beyond that though. So US is US only. Japan is Japan only. And Europe ships within Europe only.

Edit: hmm but I wouldn't think shipping within Europe would incur import deposit fees... So I'm curious about from where and to where this was shipped.

KevinG

Now I just want to see release day delivery on my Amazon US order. I won't cancel my Amazon JP order until then.

neto

So what is that? Roughly $500? That can't be true can it. Are games and game peripherals that expensive in Mexico? I mean I really see game shops when I go but is it really that expensive?
I hope not, maybe I am exaggerating but the nes classic price is 2000 pesos which is close to 100 usd so I just did some shitty calculation based on that, another problem is that the peso keeps losing value against the dollar so who knows

plidex

Amazon Global from Amazon Germany (amazon.de)

Some European Amazon sites ship to certain countries within Europe (dat Eurozone). Even though on the product page it say it can't be shipped, but you can go through checkout and it will place the preorder.

There aren't any Amazon sites that ship the Switch overseas beyond that though. So US is US only. Japan is Japan only. And Europe ships within Europe only.

Edit: hmm but I wouldn't think shipping within Europe would incur import deposit fees... So I'm curious about from where and to where this was shipped.

Amazon from Europe ships to South America (and I guess other parts of the world) through Amazon Global.

I bought my PS4 Pro from Amazon Germany and I now have the Switch ordered from them.

When the preorders from Germany ran out, a friend was able to buy it from Amazon France, but just a couple days later another friend tried to buy it from Amazon France and they were no longer shipping the Switch here. I don't know why that changed.

wiibomb

Does amazon japan has the ProCon still? I tried to check but it seems to be at 90 yen.. much more than what you are showing

kaioshade

Ah well, i better get used to the JoyCons, these things will be prob impossible to find for like a year after the switch is released.

Top Bottom