• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller just got FCC approval. Update: Gone in 15 minutes

AdanVC

Heyyyyyyyyyy what about us, Latin America peeps!? Throw us a bone you NoA bastards :'( No controllers, no preorders, heck we don't even know the final price of the Switch yet! Pretty sure it'll be $350 or higher :'(

aadiboy

Holy crap, not only was Amazon Japan super easy to order from, it was $15 cheaper than the US controller and that's with shipping. Also expected to arrive March 6-7.
Wow...wtf Nintendo, how does that make any sense? Why are they gouging US customers?

Istaerion

Wow...wtf Nintendo, how does that make any sense? Why are they gouging US customers?

They're not gouging US customers with the controller. It just so happens Amazon Japan discounted it a bit and the dollar is strong at the moment against yen.

The stock issue is classic Nintendo of America though.

Super bummed this link went live when I was busy at work. Will count on Wario to deliver a Best Buy link whenever it goes live. Don't wanna do the whole Amazon.jp thing.

Eliseo

Heyyyyyyyyyy what about us, Latin America peeps!? Throw us a bone you NoA bastards :'( No controllers, no preorders, heck we don't even know the final price of the Switch yet! Pretty sure it'll be $350 or higher :'(

NoA does not give a shit about latin american and the switch gonna end up at $500.

tiijj

Anyone know if I can send an email to Amazon Japan customer service in English?

Yes and it's also comparable to its english counter part lol So you will some/most of the time get those pre-made responses and in which it doesn't really help you at all which I most often get with retailer here lol

Is there any way to get free shipping out of Amazon Japan to the US? Just curious.

nope but if you're in japan or heading there you can ship it there for free and bring it back.

Atheerios

NoA does not give a shit about latin american and the switch gonna end up at $500.

It's not NoA fault. Most Latin American countries have very high taxes for video game imports.

That's why in Panama it's relatively cheap (379 USD) while in most countries is ridiculously expensive (Chile more than $500+)

I'm getting mine SAL'd from AmiAmi because fuck paying €80 to get one domestically. I don't mind waiting about a month, I'll be busy with BotW on Wii U.

Cerium

Fuck you Amazon USA!

jYoHxnZ.png

ViciousDS

Banned
Got my controller pre-preordered from Japan free shipping

$65

How the fuck Nintendo do you make this that much cheaper over there than the USA

Fuck you scalpers I got my shit bitches!!!

What about preordering Amiibo from Amazon JP? Anyone know if there are any significant differences? I really want to Breath of the Wild Amiibo to go along with my Master Edition.

#stealthMastereditionbragpost

Whoa. I live in Jordan, a middle eastern country known for excessive import fees, but I don't get charged for import fees by Amazon for buying the Pro Controller, or even a Pro Controller + Zelda. Only when I tried to put Pro controller + Zelda + Joy-Cons in one order then it trigger import fees ($100 !).

Can't believe I have it better than Canadians.

Istaerion

What about preordering Amiibo from Amazon JP? Anyone know if there are any significant differences? I really want to Breath of the Wild Amiibo to go along with my Master Edition.

#stealthMastereditionbragpost

Amiibo are region free, so aside from price and availability, there's no difference.

If you're in the US, the new LoZ Amiibos are actively available at Best Buy, Walmart, and GameStop.

tiijj

Whoa. I live in Jordan, a middle eastern country known for excessive import fees, but I don't get charged for import fees by Amazon for buying the Pro Controller, or even a Pro Controller + Zelda. Only when I tried to put Pro controller + Zelda + joy-cons in one order did it trigger import fees ($100 !).

Can't believe I have it better than Canadians.

Amazon jp uses DHL and DHL loves their excessive fees. lol

Joking aside it's better I guess, with DHL it's 100% guarantee that we pay taxes, duties, and their processing fee. With Amazon jp handling the import fees we only get charged taxes and duties. I would say it's a little bit cheaper.

Jarnet87

I have an Amazon gift card that I was hoping to use on the controller but it doesn't look like I can use it on .jp. I will wait to see if they get more stock or just apply it to zelda

Amazon jp uses DHL and DHL loves their excessive fees. lol

Joking aside it's better I guess, with DHL it's 100% guarantee that we pay taxes, duties, and their processing fee. With Amazon jp handling the import fees we only get charged taxes and duties. I would say it's a little bit cheaper.

I'm using Amazon jp as well and I get the same guarantee that if I don't pay import fees at checkout then I don't pay anything even if they get charged when they arrive here :p

Madao

Fuuuuuuuck :( If they do that I'm gonna have to import one from Japan or any other country then! #BlessNoRegionLock

same boat here.

i'm importing everything from USA and japan since my country got boned in price. it's cheaper to import even with all shipping fees.

a Switch is $380 locally and that's not even factoring in tax. with tax it's as expensive as my Switch + Zelda limited edition preorder. what bullshit.

now, coupled with the pro controller preorder from japan, i'm finally set for launch. will take some extra days but beats being ripped off by spineless idiots.

Fuck me, think its sold out on amazon japan. wont let me add to cart. will for third party sellers

edit: nevermind. Had to refresh page and that worked.

So only Amazon has listed it in the USA so far?

Anecdotal but a long time Gamestop shop in my city informed me that they will not be getting their allocations until night before and that they were told it would only be getting around 10 or less units. No pre-sales. Go up on release date for sale.

JaseMath

Anecdotal but a long time Gamestop shop in my city informed me that they will not be getting their allocations until night before and that they were told it would only be getting around 10 or less units. No pre-sales. Go up on release date for sale.
Damn. Wonder if it'll be the same at all B&M retailers.

neto

I'm sure going to be more than that, over 10,000 pesos at least in Mexico

Top Bottom