• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller just got FCC approval. Update: Gone in 15 minutes

Amazon Global from Amazon Germany (amazon.de)

Amazon from Europe ships to South America (and I guess other parts of the world) through Amazon Global.

I bought my PS4 Pro from Amazon Germany and I now have the Switch ordered from them.

When the preorders from Germany ran out, a friend was able to buy it from Amazon France, but just a couple days later another friend tried to buy it from Amazon France and they were no longer shipping the Switch here. I don't know why that changed.

I'm familiar with AmazonGlobal shipping, I use it when buying from Amazon US and Japan (I live in the Middle East). It doesn't work for all products, and didn't work for Switch from Amazon.com so I assumed it won't work from Europe either. I know it's not working from France now... I wish I had ordered when it was working before (or from Germany).

Oh damn. Our limit is supposed to be around $140 but it can be so random sometimes, I've been charged for items priced as way less, and when it happens you pay like 60% on top, which is ridiculous.

Does the $20 limit for Canada apply to goods imported from the US as well?

i think so, the only time i got hit with the fee was from an order from the states

wonderpug

Neo Member
I'll be really surprised if they're still rare by May.

One would think, but then there's the NES Classic Controller:
rVQqFPK.png

Lum1n3s

Not only did it sell out in 15 minutes, out of desperation we then raided Amazon Japan and took all their controllers too. True story.
Seriously though when did this happen I remember two or three days ago people were saying nothing was up and it was slowly coming up on Amazon.

Cerium

Seriously though when did this happen I remember two or three days ago people were saying nothing was up and it was slowly coming up on Amazon.

Happened two days after FCC clearance, the day after this thread was made.

I was out for groceries at the time.

This will be available in abundance after a few months. I'll be okay if I wait. No big deal.

At least 3 games I will own near Switch launch are going to require a d-pad for me. Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight and Puyo Puyo Tetris. It would drive me nuts to play these games any other way.

That's why I secured a Pro on Amazon JPN. I don't trust NOA to have these readily available for most people at or near launch. I hope I am wrong but we will see.

i really wanted one of these but i think the joy-con controller w/ grip will suit me just fine until i can get my hands ona pro. it's not like the wii u where you were forced to use the gamepad / couldn't play proper multiplayer for certain things with a lack of available pro controllers

definitely going to get one for splatoon 2 for sure, but the packed in controller should be fine for the time being

NeOak

Wait, Amazon JP is OoS too?

wow, I got one in time.

The charging grip will tide me over until it arrives.

NeonBlack

Optimism is nice and all but this thing reeks of the Gamecube adapter for the WiiU all over again.

Well that was made for one game so the limited amounts make sense. This is the essential Pro Controller.

It will be hard to find because Nintendo but it won't be disappearing so fast.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Tried Gamestop tonight on my way home and they still don't have any preorders

Why is Nintendo so weird about this? First console of theirs that I've bought since the Gamecube and while I'm excited for the games procuring the hardware and accessories has been a bit of a nightmare...

Tried Gamestop tonight on my way home and they still don't have any preorders

Why is Nintendo so weird about this? First console of theirs that I've bought since the Gamecube and while I'm excited for the games procuring the hardware and accessories has been a bit of a nightmare...

Aren't preorder shortages the norm with shiny new products? The PSTV was sold out too at first.

shtolky

Got one myself. Just curious, I see on the preorder page 76.20 next to my payment method. For my switch pre-order on bestbuy, I see -326.61 awaiting authorization. Is this normal, to see "awaiting authorization?" I'm using a cc for both transactions and I have more than enough balance to cover these.

MDave

Seems that they have enough of them on the UK store. I want to try the included grip first to see if its needed to get the Pro, I somehow don't think they will be all sold out over here hah. UK is a weak market for Nintendo, so I might have a chance.

I love the box.

ac8173f6e4.jpg

Top Bottom