• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller just got FCC approval. Update: Gone in 15 minutes

BriGuy

Getting one from Amazon.jp was stupid easy and like $10 cheaper than what I would pay ordering it domestically.

Damn, I thought the delay was to improve the appearance of the controller or something. Still looks like an ugly prototype.

Will gladly use joycons over this any day.

tiijj

To make you guys feel a little bit better, the amazon ca restocked and it seems like there are plenty of stock. I'm pretty sure amazon us is being conservative about the pre-order. Maybe they'll open it up again in a few hours/days.

I got one in today with Amazon US but had previously ordered one on Amazon JP. Do I keep both? Sell one? They're identical from what I can tell.

To make you guys feel a little bit better, the amazon ca restocked and it seems like there are plenty of stock. I'm pretty sure amazon us is being conservative about the pre-order. Maybe they'll open it up again in a few hours/days.

Thanks for that. I'm going to keep checking today just in case.

I got one in today with Amazon US but had previously ordered one on Amazon JP. Do I keep both? Sell one? They're identical from what I can tell.

How badly do you want the controller on launch day? If you can wait a few days, just stick with the Amazon JP order unless you want to pay a little more and get through Amazon USA on day one.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hmmm, the Hori Switch Pro Controller is also up for pre-order for less than half the price of the official one.

Probably doesn't have HD Rumble tho. And it's wired...

Istaerion

Hmmm, the Hori Switch Pro Controller is also up for pre-order for less than half the price of the official one.

It's completely bare-bones, but some people just want the Pro Controller for a proper D-Pad. The one on the Hori controller seems a bit suspect, but it looks to better serve those people than the current setup on the Joy-Cons.

Will the hori contoller even work with all games though? Its wired (presumably usb?) Will games just natively support it?

Istaerion

Will the hori contoller even work with all games though? Its wired (presumably usb?) Will games just natively support it?

No reason they wouldn't considering Hori's officially licensed by Nintendo. You'll largely be confined to the dock though due to it being wired.

No reason they wouldn't considering Hori's officially licensed by Nintendo. You'll largely be confined to the dock though due to it being wired.

I guess so, could be wrong but the Wii U didnt natively support usb controllers did it? So if it does could there be a side effect of native compatability for the Gamecube adapter?

Vidiot

Sucks it sold out so quick but I wasn't gonna buy one immediately anyway. I want to give the joy cons a chance.

Istaerion

I guess so, could be wrong but the Wii U didnt natively support usb controllers did it? So if it does could there be a side effect of native compatability for the Gamecube adapter?

Well, this isn't the same sort of situation. This is an officially licensed product, so it would have to work on the system otherwise the item is complete bogus.

Just because this controller is wired doesn't necessarily mean that all USB connections will be recognized and supported. It wouldn't surprise me though if the GameCube controller adapter works on the Switch due to the high likelihood of Smash appearing on the system.

I can't believe I missed these. I've been watching like a hawk day after day and they come and go in fifteen minutes.

I will probably end up buying one on eBay and pay $100 for it because I demand it to play Zelda.

Well, I just went ahead and ordered one from Amazon Japan as well. I don't want to end up having to chase these things. Estimated arrival is March 6th or 7th, but no big deal.

Also comes out cheaper as others have said: $65.47 US shipped.

Sargon

I can't believe I missed these. I've been watching like a hawk day after day and they come and go in fifteen minutes.

I will probably end up buying one on eBay and pay $100 for it because I demand it to play Zelda.
Do what has been suggested here several times and order it from Amazon JP. You may have to wait a few extra days for shipping, but you will save yourself $35 and take that money out of a scalper's pocket.

I guess I'm gonna wait for Switch some time, at least till there is steady flow of consoles to stores. I missed every possible chance to make a pre-order, missed the pro controllers. Will play Zelda on WiiU now and then again when I get Switch.

Do what has been suggested here several times and order it from Amazon JP. You may have to wait a few extra days for shipping, but you will save yourself $35 and take that money out of a scalper's pocket.
Or, hawk your local Gamestop or best buy to see when they have them, then preorder there

komorebi

My Amz JP order came out to 7420 yen = 67.66. This is the price I paid for a gift card to pay it off.

FYI for anyone thinking about this, even though you have to make a separate Amazon JPN account, the actual billing process goes through Amazon US (at least). I was expecting one of those damned fraud dept. robocalls but my billing statement says Amazon.com. So there was no international malarkey for a gift card purchase at least (this is my first time using Amazon JP)

koss424

I'm just sick of getting attacked because of a bad thread title. I already said if more become available I'll buy one and play on the switch. If not then I'll play it on Wii U. No idea why everyone is giving me shit. I'm hyped to play Zelda too.

Or just wait until you get the controller you want and don't open the game ahead of time. You won t be happy with that he game on the WIiU knowing the Switch is available.

Istaerion

To order one on Amazon JP, do you need a JP Amazon account or can you just login with your US one (didn't seem to work for me).

You need to make a new account on Amazon Japan, but you can change the site's language setting to English to get most things translated automatically.

For those wanting to change the Amazon.co.jp site to mostly English, it's easy - just click and change as you can see in my pic:

GyV8BsVl.jpg

jacobeid

Banned
Or just wait until you get the controller you want and don't open the game ahead of time. You won t be happy with that he game on the WIiU knowing the Switch is available.

I was able to get in on a preorder from Amazon JP thanks to this thread but I have a feeling I'll be able to get one at another retailer around launch.

TBH earlier I wasn't eloquently stating why I don't want to rely on playing this game on the joy con+grip setup. I have some of the most freakishly large hands (if anyone here is a piano player, my hand-span is a 12th), and I'm not sure how that setup will fit in my hands. Jose Otero had some good impressions as someone with large hands, but it's hard to drop $300 on a system to play Zelda when the controller is an unknown quantity to me and I can play the game on Wii U perfectly fine. I doubt I'll have any issue with the pro controller and makes me feel better about purchasing the system day one.

You sure you didn't order a Pro Controller for the Wii U by accident? The Switch Pro Controller hasn't been offered for sale or preorder yet at GameStop.

Yeah it says switch pro. I even called now and doubled checked. The girl somehow did it on the first day of pre orders. I got the switch gray, extra joy cons gray, Pro controler for switch, zelda, 12 switch, and bomberman

Yeah it says switch pro. I even called now and doubled checked. The girl somehow did it on the first day of pre orders. I got the switch gray, extra joy cons gray, Pro controler for switch, zelda, 12 switch, and bomberman

So when you go to your gamestop app and log in it has a picture and title of pro controller? It should be showing under preorders.

Because if you do it is in the system. If not then it is not. I find it hard to understand how you got an order in when there was not a way to order it.

sounds like she fucked up. Because Gamestop didn't have it in their list of official accessories they were handing to folks day of preorder, and nobody in the US was offering it until like 1-2 days ago.

JB2448

Yep, ordered it off of Amazon Japan and actually saved money compared to if I bought it locally. I'll take waiting three days for the security of actually being able to order the damn thing and not have a mental breakdown. The savings are just a bonus. Hopefully this is a sort of wake up call for NCL in Japan in regards to manufacturing order allotment for NoA.

Vidiot

I loved playing games on the Wii with the freedom of not having my hands tethered together. I hope the joy cons are as comfortable and functional as the Wiimote + nunchuck setup were.

JaseMath

Dude, the controller hadn't even passed through the FCC at the time she sold it to you and as I type this, Gamestop doesn't have a SKU. You need to triple check because she fucked up.

Dude, the controller hadn't even passed through the FCC at the time she sold it to you and as I type this, Gamestop doesn't have a SKU. You need to triple check because she fucked up.

LOL I did. other gamestop in town said it was the pro as well. it was in the systeam under a place holder at the time. Don't know how she found it but she did.

Holy crap, not only was Amazon Japan super easy to order from, it was $15 cheaper than the US controller and that's with shipping. Also expected to arrive March 6-7.

Top Bottom