• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller just got FCC approval. Update: Gone in 15 minutes

If I fully intend on ONLY using the console in my hands, laying on a couch, is a Pro controller even worth it? Just wondering what you guys think.

You answered your own question honestly speaking. I don't see a need for it seeing as you're saying that you'll be using it in handheld mode mostly.

I'll have to be on the lookout for the BB link. Hopefully Wario delivers.

Missed it, but I just decided to go ahead and preordered through Amazon Japan. Process was easy enough.

This is honestly the best thing to do. I know that some people want it day one, but Amazon JP is pretty quick normally and cheaper. Not worth the hunt for the US controller imo.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
If you're just using it as a handheld, then most likely not.

Hrmm. Maybe I should stop driving myself nuts about getting one then. I kind of thought about it, and I'm not even sure the Charging Grip I pre-ordered is entirely worth it. I think I'm going to hold on to that pre-order for a bit though.

I just kind of thought, maybe there might be VC games I buy online which make use of that controller with Analog controls vs. the standard Switch Joy-con.

Istaerion

If I fully intend on ONLY using the console in my hands, laying on a couch, is a Pro controller even worth it? Just wondering what you guys think.

It won't work on handheld mode, or rather, the logistics to have it work in handheld mode would be extremely cumbersome. I won't be using the docked function of the Switch, but I plan on using Tabletop mode up close for the Pro Controller and Handheld mode for any other time.

Keyouta

I'm not ordering for myself, but I hope the system and accessories are in well enough stock thoughout the launch for anyone who's interested in buying.

Rappy

It's an Ebay policy that you can't sell anything before 30 days of release. Did you even read my post?

Yeah good luck getting those taken down. The collectibles world on ebay lives off months early preorders.
What does it even matter? Other than being a mild inconvenience to the seller, they just have to wait a week and they can post the listing no problem.

Some listings do complete and some get taken out before that or cancelled even when an auction has been won. Unless you repeatedly keep relisting it when eBay repeatedly takes it down, they don't do anything to sellers besides a warning.

People can still order from Amazon JP. Also, split controllers are the best! Only getting the Pro controller for things that may need a better d-pad.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Godddddd daaaaammmmittt

Why am I spending so much time in OT?! I check this damn thread religiously and I friggin missed it lol

Darklor01

It won't work on handheld mode, or rather, the logistics to have it work in handheld mode would be extremely cumbersome. I won't be using the docked function of the Switch, but I plan on using Tabletop mode up close for the Pro Controller and Handheld mode for any other time.

Well, I have a lapdesk and thought, occasionally, for certain games, I might put it on tabletop mode to use the Pro controller. Up in the air on that though. Not sure how many games will be better with the Pro controller vs. the Joy-Con.

Well, I have a lapdesk and thought, occasionally, for certain games, I might put it on tabletop mode to use the Pro controller. Up in the air on that though. Not sure how many games will be better with the Pro controller vs. the Joy-Con.

The dpad and larger buttons would be the only big difference imo from just using a grip.

WadeitOut

Link to what? Just look at other forums that allow resell discussion.

Yeah I don't believe that Ebay is taking any of those down and banning people. If people are saying it, they are probably lying.

They aren't just going to ban your account for selling something 36 days early.

Darklor01

The dpad and larger buttons would be the only big difference imo from just using a grip.

Thanks! I think I'll hold off on the Pro then. Let someone who might actually use it grab a pre-order. Just hope they're not scalpers.

Edit: I might try to pre-order one on BB and change the shipping address to one of you guys if I get one just to keep it from the Scalpers.

Istaerion

Just looking at the "D-Pad" on the Joy-Cons tells me that any game that utilizes it will be better played on the Pro Controller. It probably won't be of much benefit for the big first party titles likes Zelda, Mario, and Splatoon, but the eShop Indie games will probably demand it for a good proper experience.

Yeah I don't believe that Ebay is taking any of those down and banning people. If people are saying it, they are probably lying.

They aren't just going to ban your account for selling something 36 days early.

Ok, don't believe me. Don't really care. But they have and do ban people. First a warning, then 3 day, then 7, then 30. But what do I know.

BriGuy

So what's the link/process to order one from Amazon Japan?

I got a charging grip ordered so I'm not overly bummed out.

jacobeid

Banned
Welp, now I'm pretty sure I'll cancel my switch preorder. BoTW on Wii U for me confirmed.

Edit: fix the thread title to read "Gone on Amazon" so people don't read it and think they're completely gone from all retailers like I did.

Welp, now I'm pretty sure I'll cancel my switch preorder. BoTW on Wii U for me confirmed.
gi8t0Sf.jpg

Wut?

KHlover

Banned
Damn that's rough. I've just checked a few other amazon sites and that thing seems to be readily available literally everywhere but the US. What's going on between Nintendo and amazon.com?

amazon.de - available
amazon.es - available
amazon.fr - available
amazon.it - available
amazon.jp - available
amazon.ca - available
amazon.co.uk - available

jacobeid

Banned
QUOTE=jacobeid;229085444]Already stated that the thread title is super misleading. I want to play BoTW on a full controller, so if I can't get a Switch Pro controller then my decision will be made for me.

latest
[/QUOTE]

I don't see a d-pad there but cool post.

jacobeid

Banned
What exactly isn't full about the 2 joycons? The hunk of plastic in the middle that connects them?

No D-pad. It could be fine but I've never held one so I don't know. I would prefer to play on a Wii U or Switch Pro controller.

Edit: I'm out. You guys are ridiculous. I have a controller preference and still plan on playing the game so I'm not sure why everyone is getting on my case. I'll buy a switch eventually (or on day one if the pro controllers become more available). Fucking hell.

everyone just simply inquiring, someone posts one 'wut' image and this guy loses his shit. it's not that big of a deal, we're all just too hyped to play that zelda

Top Bottom