• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller just got FCC approval. Update: Gone in 15 minutes

jacobeid

Banned
everyone just simply inquiring, someone posts one 'wut' image and this guy loses his shit. it's not that big of a deal, we're all just too hyped to play that zelda

I'm just sick of getting attacked because of a bad thread title. I already said if more become available I'll buy one and play on the switch. If not then I'll play it on Wii U. No idea why everyone is giving me shit. I'm hyped to play Zelda too.

Dude on his keyboard like
GBSuNLN.jpg

If a D-Pad is your excuse for not getting a Switch, then you really should just say you don't want the Switch.

No D-pad. It could be fine but I've never held one so I don't know. I would prefer to play on a Wii U or Switch Pro controller.

Edit: I'm out. You guys are ridiculous. I have a controller preference and still plan on playing the game so I'm not sure why everyone is getting on my case. I'll buy a switch eventually (or on day one if the pro controllers become more available). Fucking hell.

Peace. It wouldn't be a big deal if you weren't so aggro about it.

jacobeid

Banned
Dude on his keyboard like
GBSuNLN.jpg

If a D-Pad is your excuse for not getting a Switch, then you really should just say you don't want the Switch.

Check my post history. I'm either buying a switch on day one for Zelda or this holiday for Mario. I've been wavering between versions but if I can't get a pro controller then I'll be more inclined to play on Wii U. Can everyone chill the hell out now?

Peace. It wouldn't be a big deal if you weren't so aggro about it.

I got piled on because of a bad thread title and already said I'd buy one and keep my switch preorder if more become available. Sorry I feel like I have to be on the defensive for quite literally a preference.

Lgndryhr

I'm sure other retailers will have pre-orders up soon for this controller as well as some retailers will get this back in stock. I wouldn't worry about it. I am going to wait on getting one since all I plan on playing is Zelda at first and heard good things about the Joycon.

phanphare

Banned
I'm just sick of getting attacked because of a bad thread title. I already said if more become available I'll buy one and play on the switch. If not then I'll play it on Wii U. No idea why everyone is giving me shit. I'm hyped to play Zelda too.

I wasn't attacking you, I was just curious. I've never heard of someone needing a proper dpad for a 3D Zelda so I thought I'd ask for clarification.

sorry

Check my post history. I'm either buying a switch on day one for Zelda or this holiday for Mario. I've been wavering between versions but if I can't get a pro controller then I'll be more inclined to play on Wii U. Can everyone chill the hell out now?

I got piled on because of a bad thread title and already said I'd buy one and keep my switch preorder if more become available. Sorry I feel like I have to be on the defensive for quite literally a preference.

You don't have to be. Most of us aren't bothered by anything you said. You consider doing the Amazon Japan preorder? I have one. It'll only be a couple days after release, so not too terrible.

jacobeid

Banned
You don't have to be. Most of us aren't bothered by anything you said. You consider doing the Amazon Japan preorder? I have one. It'll only be a couple days after release, so not too terrible.

I didn't realize that that was an option. I'll look into that, thank you. Can I use my existing Amazon account or do I need to make a new one?

I didn't realize that that was an option. I'll look into that, thank you. Can I use my existing Amazon account or do I need to make a new one?

You'll have to make a new one. If you google Amazon Japan, there should be a Japanese Amazon site in English or you can use google translate. It'll actually be cheaper too. Mine is $65 and set to come on the 6th-7th. Hope I helped!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?ie=UTF8&node=1094656

Patience. The title edit is lame but the reading of a post or two would've suggested it was only for Amazon (US Amazon at that). Best Buy and Gamestop haven't put it up yet. So I guarantee that you'll get an opportunity to get one.

Not really sure how I managed to get one, but I just happened to check right around 1 o'clock and I snagged an Amazon preorder. Pretty stoked about it, I really didn't want to have to hunt one of these down.

jacobeid

Banned
Patience. The title edit is lame but the reading of a post or two would've suggested it was only for Amazon (US Amazon at that). Best Buy and Gamestop haven't put it up yet. So I guarantee that you'll get an opportunity to get one.

Yup, honestly I read the thread title, glanced the OP, clicked the eBay link, then posted. I'm sorry guys, I thought it was completely gone from all retailers when I made my post.

You'll have to make a new one. If you google Amazon Japan, there should be a Japanese Amazon site in English or you can use google translate. It'll actually be cheaper too. Mine is $65 and set to come on the 6th-7th. Hope I helped!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?ie=UTF8&node=1094656

Thank you!! I am going to preorder one on Amazon JP and hope that I can get one at another US retailer.

Kaelan

Yeah I said fuck it and just ordered it off amazon japan, its 5 bucks cheaper to like the other poster said earlier.

Coda

Technically it's out in Japan on March 3rd which is March 2nd here in the US. If shipping takes 2-3 days you'll probably have the Pro Controller a day or two after launch day which is fine for me. Kind of happy too that I'm not paying a full $70 for it.

XxCGSxX

Does preordering on amazon japan show the total amount in yen and then I have to convert to US dollars? It shows up in yen.

plidex

Check my post history. I'm either buying a switch on day one for Zelda or this holiday for Mario. I've been wavering between versions but if I can't get a pro controller then I'll be more inclined to play on Wii U. Can everyone chill the hell out now?.

Can't you wait until closer to release to see if the Pro controller will really be unavailable?

I have one pre-ordered on Amazon Japan, but I'm really not sure if I need one still. I wish I got a chance to use the joy-cons in the grip so I could figure out whether I needed a pro or not..

The analog stick being directly below the buttons is really what worries me about the joy-con.

Glix

Said this in other thread...

Joycons in grip were great when i got some time with them. Only gonna get a pro if i need the dpad for something

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing these might be hard to find at launch and then they'll end up being super common within a few months. The controller looks nice and what will end up being the extra controller I buy, but I assume that playing BotW with the Joy-Con grip (or separately in my hands) will be good enough. I'm okay waiting for this to get restocked.

Thanks! The bank automatically charges in US Dollars correct?

Yeah. You don't have to worry about anything.
Actually, there are a few things you may need to know. Your bank may charge a "traveler's fee" or an (overseas fee) for shopping in another country. It's typically around 3%. That's what my bank charged me.

Also, you may get an unwanted fraud alert from your bank's fraud department. That's what happened to me. As soon as I made one more purchase after buying the Pro Controller I was texted a fraud alert and my account was temporarily frozen. I had to call them up and explain that I had ordered an item on Amazon Japan. After that everything was fine.

It was a slight annoyance to go through the fraud alert, but it was worth it just to get a hold of a Pro Controller for launch.

Illucio

Banned
This is a matter of upmost importance, I need that gif with the guy playing the milking game from 1, 2 switch while making a very sexual face.

PSFan

The d-pad is used as buttons to switch weapons, not movement.

I pre-ordered one from Amazon Japan because fuck this nonsense.

If that's the case, the Joy-cons in the grip should work fine for Zelda, since the d-pad is four arrow buttons.

NeOak

Actually, there are a few things you may need to know. Your bank may charge a "traveler's fee" or an (overseas fee) for shopping in another country. It's typically around 3%. That's what my bank charged me.

Also, you may get an unwanted fraud alert from your bank's fraud department. That's what happened to me. As soon as I made one more purchase after buying the Pro Controller I was texted a fraud alert and my account was temporarily frozen. I had to call them up and explain that I had ordered an item on Amazon Japan. After that everything was fine.

It was a slight annoyance to go through the fraud alert, but it was worth it just to get a hold of a Pro Controller for launch.
You need a better credit card that doesn't charge the fees.

Kaelan

Does amazon Japan charge right away? I think I got a pre authorization charge it was like 0.1 or something in my account

Does amazon Japan charge right away? I think I got a pre authorization charge it was like 0.1 or something in my account
That's right that's what I have as well. I am tempted to buy Amazon gift cards for the exact amount of the controller so my payment/cost is locked in. By March the Yen/Dollar could be higher. A fellow Gaffer did it this way.

Top Bottom