• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch running Breath of The Wild on Jimmy Fallon

Lexxism

trintonguey7srv.gif
Can someone tweet this to Bill Trinen?

Joei

Mario Run actually looks pretty fun. I don't play iOS games (aside from the Words or stuff like that occasionally) but I think I'm gonna get SMR. Fallon did a great job of selling it.

As for the Switch, I'll get it. There's not even a question of whether I'll buy one or not, but man, playing games on it doesn't look comfortable at all.

Cry0gen-X

Neo Member
That Nintendo Switch, soo much awesomeness.. i wan it nao!

Seriously, when's the release date again? Has it gone official yet?

Mario Run actually looks pretty fun. I don't play iOS games (aside from the Words or stuff like that occasionally) but I think I'm gonna get SMR. Fallon did a great job of selling it.

As for the Switch, I'll get it. There's not even a question of whether I'll buy one or not, but man, playing games on it doesn't look comfortable at all.

I don't know about the Switch itself or the Joy-Cons separately, but the Pro Controller looks very, very comfortable. Pretty excited to see how it compares with the competition and the Wii U Pro Controller.

Is Fallon filmed at 60fps?

NTSC television has been 60fps since the 50s. The high framerate is what gives it that "soap opera" look. People have accepted this framerate for news and live tv broadcasts but find it cheap looking for more drama based shows. TV producers then started shooting 24 fps film for their dramas back in the late 50s and 60s for that filmlook (and it's also easier to make 16mm copies to mail all over the country for broadcast).

This was great forward thinking because we can remaster all of those shows in high definition.

Nanashrew

Banned
They cheapen out on the most important thing of the console. Makes no sense

OLED is far more expensive compared to LCD. Even Sony dropped it in later models of the Vita.

But you're getting a handheld that will be leaps and bounds beyond the Vita and most handhelds in general.

Shahadan

It's been discussed already I guess, but why does it have the CE label on the back?

Did Reggie bring an european unit or something. Or is it region free?

Edit: okay discussed already a few pages back! Sorry

MCN

Banned
It's been discussed already I guess, but why does it have the CE label on the back?

Did Reggie bring an european unit or something. Or is it region free?

It seems to be a reasonably strong indicator that it's region-free. After all, why would the President of Nintendo America bring a European unit to an American TV show? Did Reggie lose his and have to borrow Shibata's?

Cuningas de Häme;226395108 said:
How do you know that it's crappy? Fallon footage is not enough to show that.

Maybe wait for the January before shitposting?

Every footage Ive seen so far of the console tells me the screen isnt going to be good

sanstesy

Every footage Ive seen so far of the console tells me the screen isnt going to be good

What do you mean with "every footage"? We've only seen the screen once in action here at Fallon and you can't judge screen quality by footage filmed with a camera and under studio lightning. Just look at the iPhone screen which also looks bad on TV.

Beaten a billion times, of course.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
well if it's region free it's a really massive deal for me. It already was, but dammit finally the good old Nintendo DS times are coming back

Miyamoto's shirt also stole all the hype for me, different Marios in different world/regions? the mexican themed glimpse shown in the trailer was also an indication? omgtyfghfvjbvfsa fds

Top Bottom