• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly not anti-switch gaf. Just ocd gaf.

I find faults in everything and normally have to go through about 10 exchanges before I'm happy lol.

Here's a question though, fan noise? Does the fan kick in on boot up? I'm curious whether it's passively cooled until it hits a certain temperature, or on all the time changing rpm depending on load.
Havent noticed fan noise if there is any. But I imagine it won't kick in until playing a game. (which I don't have.)

fAUcTlk.gif

Saw this on reddit.
The logo becomes the joy-cons on the side :O

Man, someone on reddit took my gif from neogaf, which has now been reposted on neogaf.

OCD Guy

Havent noticed fan noise if there is any. But I imagine it won't kick in until playing a game. (which I don't have.)

Thanks for answering. Yeah I'm aware you have no games, but was curious if there was any obvious fan noise while even booting up, similar to what you'd expect with a laptop etc.

I'm hoping the switch is passively cooled with the fan only kicking in when it reaches a certain temperature.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So now that there's a unit in the wild, how does the Wifi access work with a network that requires web login?

I was so upset that I couldn't use my Uni's wifi to download games on the eShop. This must be answered :(. It didn't even need web login, just put in your credentials, but 3DS didn't support the whatchamacallits. I hope the Switch supports more network types

I'm trying to answer as much as possible but also have other things to do. But I will answer what I can. I couldn't tell but not that I can notice. If you watch the new unboxing video you can see that it opens up and you can insert the hdmi and ac cables as well as a USB port.

Thanks for taking the time to try to answer our questions! I hope you don't get in trouble for ignoring the other stuff you gotta do. Hang in there.

Hopefully you can test the bluetooth headset on it :)

I didn't see any Bluetooth options in the System Settings, however Airplane mode mentioned turning off Bluetooth. I'm very curious if any of the current Bluetooth headphones work on it (Airpods, BeatsX, Jaybirds, etc.).

So far as I can tell, the stuff we still haven't seen yet are:
-Mii Maker
-User menu
-Parental Controls on console
-Photo editing (which was taped but blurry, so we at least know what it consists of)
-Second screen of character portraits
-Instruction Manual

Is that it?

icespide

Banned
So far as I can tell, the stuff we still haven't seen yet are:
-Mii Maker
-User menu
-Parental Controls on console
-Photo editing (which was taped but blurry, so we at least know what it consists of)
-Second screen of character portraits
-Instruction Manual

Is that it?

is there gonna be a mii maker on this thing?

wmlk

The chime when you start the console is the most lame thing. Why not just have the "click" sound?

Literally sounds like a filler track.

Has anyone considered the fact that under the dust... there might be a dead pixel?

An
d if so ill be happy to take someones cancelled preorder

Icolin

Banned
loool at your gif.

Why are they shitting on GAF?
I don't know, but it's the same old "Sony paid shills" and "SJWs" stuff that people have been saying about GAF.

Not to mention the use of homophobia and accusing GAF of shitting on anything non Sony or whatever.

I just think it's funny seeing people getting so angry over GAF and making the most baseless assumptions and childish remarks.

loool at your gif.

Why are they shitting on GAF?

Some goofball ass dudes that think they're better than gaf users (some are even active users in sure) like to follow gaf threads (as they don't have shit else going for them)and talk shit about gaf in YouTube comments and that site they were banished to after Reddit gave them the boot.

OCD Guy

Has anyone considered the fact that under the dust... there might be a dead pixel?

An
d if so ill be happy to take someones cancelled preorder

Unless we can get footage post wipe, I'm still #teamstuckpixel.

I'm not actually serious, but some of us are gonna get dead pixels, it's inevitable

Username checks out

It get's worse. I just watched the unboxing and noticed no manufacturer seal....

It get's worse. I just watched the unboxing and noticed no manufacturer seal....

I'm not sure what that is but it's important to note this is not an actual first unboxing, Robot unboxed it, made his video, got in contact with Flo, repackaged the Switch, and then filmed an unboxing. So if there was some kind of seal, it was broken or removed when Robot actually opened his Switch the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom