• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD Guy

This I can't see. I think that's just the light blooming from the screen in the camera's sensor.

Look along here (sorry for the crap arrows). It's on the first video here https://vid.me/oQkO During the white screen I can literally see the strip of edge lighting

backlight_bleed.png

Hey hiphop, can you tell what happens when you hit A on a picture in the album? It says "Editing and Posting", so I was wondering what kind of options are there.

Otherwise, great job with the unboxing video guys. Really stoked to see more of this thing.

Yeah, You can add text to pictures and resize and color said text. I recorded some video of it but was too blurry so I deleted it.

Can hiphop or Arcanum tell us any differences in the UI/Settings when it's docked. Or what happens when you click the user icon in the top left.

So more backlight (white) would make the dust shine black? And a black background would make it shine white? Tell me more, dad. :)

You see, kiddo, when the background is bright, the side of the dust speck we see is in relative shadow. The light that hits it from any lightbulbs is relatively weak compared to the overwhelming and immediate light coming from the screen.

When the background is dark, then the ambient light in the room hitting the speck is contrasted enough to visibly reflect off the dust's surface.

;)

Also I'm a Nintendo sleeper agent. Please understand, there is NOTHING wrong with our system.

Already Anti Switch Gaf are trying hard to find something negative about this videos... Guy with the Switch: Is Dust. AntiSwitchGaf: No, is a dead pixel, you know nothing.... Really... Really..

OCD Guy

It's not a dead pixel. The dust was already there before it was power up. Plus, it was already confirmed as dust.

THat was the wrong picture, I was talking about backlight bleed, and the leds being visible (more noticeable on a white screen)

Already Anti Switch Gaf are trying hard to find something negative about this videos... Guy with the Switch: Is Dust. AntiSwitchGaf: No, is a dead pixel, you know nothing.... Really... Really..

I'm pretty sure it's mostly sarcasm at this point.

Hard to tell of course, what with the internet and all.

OCD Guy

It's certainly not anti-switch gaf. Just ocd gaf.

I find faults in everything and normally have to go through about 10 exchanges before I'm happy lol.

Here's a question though, fan noise? Does the fan kick in on boot up? I'm curious whether it's passively cooled until it hits a certain temperature, or on all the time changing rpm depending on load.

AgeEighty

Don't suppose you'd be willing to record and upload a walkthrough of the new Mii editor, would you? I've been anxious to see what options they've added.

Posting again because the thread is moving fast:
Hey hiphoptherobot, are you open to other questions about the Switch itself?

I'm curious if you can tell if there is a fan inside the dock, or anything obvious about it that might make it more substantial than was previously rumored.

Mawile

Banned
All IPS displays have backlight bleed of some level. It's how the technology works to pass more light through the display to offer more colors.

JSevere

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the hardware is so damn sexy

the menu looks neat, certainly gets the job done. the startup sound/animation is really great though

Hey hiphoptherobot, are you open to other questions about the Switch itself?

I'm curious if you can tell if there is a fan inside the dock, or anything obvious about it that might make it more substantial than was previously rumored.
I'm trying to answer as much as possible but also have other things to do. But I will answer what I can. I couldn't tell but not that I can notice. If you watch the new unboxing video you can see that it opens up and you can insert the hdmi and ac cables as well as a USB port.

Spy

I'm trying to answer as much as possible but also have other things to do. But I will answer what I can. I couldn't tell but not that I can notice. If you watch the new unboxing video you can see that it opens up and you can insert the hdmi and ac cables as well as a USB port.
Does anything happen when you click the user icon on the top left of the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom