• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

It's usually a separate app on the home menu. I'm hoping that this comes either as a downloadable or as part of the patch. If not... eh.
Since there is no web browser, I also expect a MyNintendo app in the day one update to see your gold/platinum coins and missions.
Edit : they might be in the user menu as well?

You mean a handheld right

200.gif

If there was an activity log I'd expect it to be in the user profile, or maybe as an option in that notifications screen, but I don't see why it would be in the parental controls.

The reason people were speculating on this is that Nintendo themselves has in the past promoted the Activity Log on the 3DS and Wii U (and its precursor on the Wii Bulletin Board) as a parental monitoring feature, even though most of us just used it out of statistical interest on ourselves.

So what, it's not a dead pixel... it's much worse, crossing my fingers it doesn't happen to me, I don't want my Switch to come with other people's dust. Fucking Nintendo.

Pandy

The reason people were speculating on this is that Nintendo themselves has in the past promoted the Activity Log on the 3DS and Wii U (and its precursor on the Wii Bulletin Board) as a parental monitoring feature, even though most of us just used it out of statistical interest on ourselves.

It was never buried in the parental controls menu though, so it wouldn't make much sense for it to be in there this time either.

There is definitely a dead pixel on that screen.

No. Just, no.

OCD Guy

HipHoptherobot: Is there backlight bleed along the top edge of the screen, because it looks like it. It seems as though the strip of edge lighting is even visible too.

Hey hiphop, can you tell what happens when you hit A on a picture in the album? It says "Editing and Posting", so I was wondering what kind of options are there.

Otherwise, great job with the unboxing video guys. Really stoked to see more of this thing.

routerbad

Banned
HipHoptherobot: Is there backlight bleed along the top edge of the screen, because it looks like it. It seems as though the strip of edge lighting is even visible too.

This I can't see. I think that's just the light blooming from the screen in the camera's sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom