• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch UI video from some guy [named hiphoptherobot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD Guy

It's not dead pixel... it's dust guys... It's already there before he turned on the console.

It flickers at one point, though it doesn't look like dust. It's more like a stuck pixel rather than completely dead.

Dead pixels are technically dead, they don't show up on a black screen.

Deen

Neo Member
Where at?

Dead Pixels right here:

3:04

zOwiO6T.png

3:44

Bq3JfDX.png

You can see it in the whole video.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Pretty sure that's just dust. The original video did not have a dead/stuck pixel, but it did have a lot of large dust particles on the screen. Expect that's was the same here.

No confirmation yet on whether multiple Switches can be linked to one account, but now we know that unlike the 3DS or Wii U, no contact with customer service is required to unlink a system.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/nintendo-switch-accounts-can-be-linked-to-multiple-systems-3450657

Limitations on Linking
The link between a user and a Nintendo Account can be removed at any time. After the link has been removed, the user can link to a different Nintendo Account.
A single Nintendo Account can be linked to multiple NX systems. When multiple NX systems link to the same Nintendo Account, the user nickname and icon is synchronized across systems. However, the application’s save data is not automatically synchronized across systems. On the other hand, it is not possible to either link multiple users to the same Nintendo Account on the same NX system, or to link one user to multiple Nintendo Accounts.

Pandy

4:45: Parental Controls menu.

Use Your Smart Device:
- Restrict Features
- Set Play Time
- Activity Notifications

Use this Console:
- Restrict Features

So no activity log through the on-console parental controls, as some of us had hoped.

That's not an activity log.

The stuff in the parental controls video, if active on the console, would allow you to lock yourself out of the console irretrievably as you wouldn't be able to access the console to change the settings. There's a reason that stuff is done on a second device.

Hey hiphoptherobot, are you open to other questions about the Switch itself?

I'm curious if you can tell if there is a fan inside the dock, or anything obvious about it that might make it more substantial than was previously rumored.

#TeamDust

EDIT: Yeah Mr. hiphoptherobot you should do an AMA on Reddit or something, people are going to have a lot of questions. Or just gather a list of questions here to find the answers to. You're a hot commodity right now.

MADGAME

So you're telling me I can expect my brand new Switch to have a fleck of dust I need to wipe off the screen right out the fucking box? Preorder cancelled.

That's not an activity log.

The stuff in the parental controls video, if active on the console, would allow you to lock yourself out of the console irretrievably as you wouldn't be able to access the console to change the settings. There's a reason that stuff is done on a second device.

I see that—my point was that a number of people here, myself included, were wondering if an activity logging feature was buried deeper in the parental controls menu on the console, and it appears the answer is no.

routerbad

Banned
I see that—my point was that a number of people here, myself included, were wondering if an activity logging feature was buried deeper in the parental controls menu on the console, and it appears the answer is no.

It's usually a separate app on the home menu. I'm hoping that this comes either as a downloadable or as part of the patch. If not... eh.

Deen

Neo Member
Well, i think it's weird that the "dust" changes it's color.
White background = black dust, black background = white dust? :D

I'm on #TeamDeadPixel.

Pandy

If there was an activity log I'd expect it to be in the user profile, or maybe as an option in that notifications screen, but I don't see why it would be in the parental controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom