• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Unboxing [from the same guy named hiphoptherobot]

ChrisD

Thanks for the video, hiphoptherobot!

Also I just randomly remembered that kid who was camping out a week or two ago to be the "first" to get Switch. Wonder how he's feeling right now rofl.

Syinn

Neo Member

Also I just randomly remembered that kid who was camping out a week or two ago to be the "first" to get Switch. Wonder how he's feeling right now rofl.

You're probably the only one who remembered lol

Jonboy

I hooked it up to the tv but the time of day made the tv really hard to see on video so it was left out.

Hey man thanks for sharing all of this with us.

Quick question...does the Switch logo and chime appear every time when you completely power down & power on? Or is it just a 1-time thing when you turn it on for the first time or after initializing the system?

Hit the User icon in the menu

Many of us asked him to do that. Also he can test the Bluetooth headsets and see how the settings are when docked.

Randomizer

lKLGfIp.gif

Boke1879

Thing looks slick as hell. Can't wait to get mine.

One thing I hope this does is help revive split screen gameplay. Can't wait to play this with friends and fam when Splatoon and Mario Kart come out.

Richie

What stands out to me is...No MyNintendo code included, huh? The NES Classic had one, you'd think the Switch would too...

Thing looks slick as hell. Can't wait to get mine.

One thing I hope this does is help revive split screen gameplay. Can't wait to play this with friends and fam when Splatoon and Mario Kart come out.

I'm hoping it will revive lightgun games, myself. Let's get a new Point Blank game, Namco!

Cuburt

I was expecting the unboxing to do something like verify whether the grip is a charging grip that can be plugged in or if it's just a piece of plastic. It was a pretty uneventful unboxing. I mean, we already know what the dock and joycon look like and all the pieces it comes with.

And a monitor stand has tech inside it? I don't know what you're getting at.

I'm saying just because the basic grip that holds the Joycons together is a piece of plastic has no bearings on the joycon's tech making it weighty, same logic with the plastic (and metal) stand of a computer monitor has no bearings on the tech inside a monitor making THAT weighty.

I was expecting the unboxing to do something like verify whether the grip is a charging grip that can be plugged in or if it's just a piece of plastic. It was a pretty uneventful unboxing. I mean, we already know what the dock and joycon look like and all the pieces it comes with.
It's just a plastic Grip. We've known this for a month now.

I'm saying just because the basic grip that holds the Joycons together is a piece of plastic has no bearings on the joycon's tech making it weighty, same logic with the plastic (and metal) stand of a computer monitor has no bearings on the tech inside a monitor making THAT weighty.

But the Joy-Cons weren't in the grip. I think you're talking about something else.

RedToad64

He wouldn't be the first anyway, due to time zones.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Man I have this really weird thing where I don't watch unboxings because it feels like such a huge spoiler lol, but I'm also very curious so I'm just feeling really conflicted right now.
Spoilerphobia is already dumb enough without people attributing it to shit that aren't fucking spoilers.

kizmah

So you got the system but no game? That's almost worse than waiting till launch...

Back in the day I bought my Gamecube without a game. Eternal Darkness came out the week after and I could only afford one game so I had to wait. For 7 days I had that beautiful new console at home and all I could do was to get mezmerized by the amazing boot up animation. It was torture.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It was accidentally shipped to him? Holy shit, that's a crazy fuck up lol.
Accidentally as in he paid for it and it shipped early. Yes it's a massive oversight.

He doesn't need to verify that when it's been confirmed countless times it's not the charging grip

Top Bottom