• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Unboxing [from the same guy named hiphoptherobot]

lol I keep checking these threads in the hopes hiphoptherobot answered people's questions or showed off more of the system, but it's like we got a slightly more informative look at some elements than we got before and now there is nothing to talk about so it goes back to the same discussion that's in every Switch thread.
I have been answering when I can but I'm not home at the moment and some of the questions have been VERY specific so they aren't things I can answer off the top of my head.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I have been answering when I can but I'm not home at the moment and some of the questions have been VERY specific so they aren't things I can answer off the top of my head.

can we see a list of possible Mii avatars? ie, the different Nintendo pics

thanks!

lol I keep checking these threads in the hopes hiphoptherobot answered people's questions or showed off more of the system, but it's like we got a slightly more informative look at some elements than we got before and now there is nothing to talk about so it goes back to the same discussion that's in every Switch thread.
He mentioned he had sort of a busy day, so I'm not sure we'all get much more info tonight. Haha, he wasn't really planning on having a new system today.

EDIT: Didn't realize he was posting again. Thanks for all the info!

goldenpp72

So since he owns one, is there any confirmation if the screen is glass? I'm not asking him to try to scratch it up, just curious.

Big Chungus

It's time to go into stasis.

Hj87WTZ.jpg

Under the glass.

At least until we get a post wipe video
I'm really confused why you have made it a mission to attack everything I have posted or said today. I am trying to give people answers and do my best, this isn't my job, I didn't ask to get it early but I did and have literally devoted my entire day to answer people's questions. I don't have to post a video of my console after I wiped a piece of dust off of it. It honestly doesn't matter to me if you believe me about a piece of dust on my screen or not so if you want to keep telling people it's a dead pixel then go ahead I guess. I'm just not sure what you get out of trying to rain on everyone else's parade.

So I'm assuming he can't login to the Nintendo Network yet, and the eShop isn't live?

Two weeks out from launch, I would imagine it isn't outside the realm of possibility for it to be live in some limited way, but it's more likely that it isn't.

OCD Guy

You're really trying your best but let's not try to project your paranoia on everyone else. Thanks

��

It was a (bad) joke. hiphop has stated several times that it was a piece of dust that he wiped off.

I'm picky but not stupid. I'm aware that one sample is not indicative of anything. With any manufacturing process there will be a small percentage of units with faults.

No doubt there will be some with excessive bleed, dead pixels, dust trapped under the glass, d.o.a units etc. It happens with every product, regardless of the manufacturer.

Simple solution is to exchange it with your retailer if there are any issues.

I'm really confused why you have made it a mission to attack everything I have posted or said today. I am trying to give people answers and do my best, this isn't my job, I didn't ask to get it early but I did and have literally devoted my entire day to answer people's questions. I don't have to post a video of my console after I wiped a piece of dust off of it. It honestly doesn't matter to me if you believe me about a piece of dust on my screen or not so if you want to keep telling people it's a dead pixel then go ahead I guess. I'm just not sure what you get out of trying to rain on everyone else's parade.

I can assure you that I have not been trying to "attack" you at all. I'm not the type of person that attacks people behind a screen. I appreciate the time you've taken to answer questions people have.

And raining on people's parade? I don't quite agree with that when there are a handful of the same posters that are constantly reminding those of us with pre-orders that the switch is underpowered, has no games and will be d.o.a.

Anyway as I said if my posts have come across the wrong way I apologise. That's the issue with online, when something is written it's hard to gauge things like tone, intent etc.

Otnopolit

In this case, the answer might be in his name.

Thanks again for this, you've done a great service. I hope you somehow find a way to be able to play it before launch without the Ninty Ninjas coming.

What max velocity does the Switch unit- both with and without joycons attached- get to when dropped from the roof of a Wendy's accounting for air resistance and a relative humidity of 23%? On a Tuesday.

No but seriously thank you so much for accommodating all of us nutjobs and answering any questions. You're the hero gaf needs!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It was a (bad) joke. hiphop has stated several times that it was a piece of dust that he wiped off.

I'm picky but not stupid. I'm aware that one sample is not indicative of anything. With any manufacturing process there will be a small percentage of units with faults.

No doubt there will be some with excessive bleed, dead pixels, dust trapped under the glass, d.o.a units etc. It happens with every product, regardless of the manufacturer.

Simple solution is to exchange it with your retailer if there are any issues.
hence the 👀

can we see a list of possible Mii avatars? ie, the different Nintendo pics

thanks!
Again, not at home but there are way more than I was expecting! I will post a video when I get home. Will also post some Mii video.

Also ocd guy, if I misinterpreted a joke as an attack I am sorry. It's been a long day and I'm probably just a bit overwhelmed and read too much into it.

Shy

Don't listen to his nonsense, Hiphop.

We appreciate the effort you've put in today. Again thank you.

Cuburt

Oh my bad, I must have not noticed.

Thanks for following up on questions. I'm sure the Switch info thirst is probably overwhelming even beyond what you expected.

How open are you to getting your Switch opened up to see the specs, and be fully reimbursed for a new one?

Thraktor can do this, right?

edit: Can you confirm that the RAM is 4GB?

Man, that menu responsiveness looks so nice after the 3DS and even the Wii U. It takes forever to do even simple things on those (hyperbole), so this is just a breath of fresh air.

I'm excited.

J@hranimo

Banned
Again, not at home but there are way more than I was expecting! I will post a video when I get home. Will also post some Mii video.

Also ocd guy, if I misinterpreted a joke as an attack I am sorry. It's been a long day and I'm probably just a bit overwhelmed and read too much into it.

I doubt this, but I do really hope there are more skin tones, hair styles for other ethnicities, and hair colors. Thanks for everything today, it's helping the wait! :)

OCD Guy

No problem at all. As I said I apologize genuinely. I should have stopped with the joke after the first time. I appreciate that written text can be misinterpreted very easily.

Anyway seeing your videos has definitely raised the excitement levels. Here's hoping for a Nintendo direct before launch too.

No problem at all. As I said I apologize. I should have stopped with the joke after the first time. I appreciate that written text can be misinterpreted very easily.
You fuckin' did it for like 2 and a half hours. And a few people got worried about it because you kept persisting.

OCD Guy

You fuckin' did it for like 2 and a half hours. And a few people got worried about it because you kept persisting.

I've apologized, and I won't do it from this point onwards. I can't do much more than that.

I do feel as though I'm actually being singled out now. And you're exaggerating a bit. I certainly didn't post the same thing constantly for 2 hours. It was perhaps 4 posts regarding the dead pixel (check post history) and people were asking about the dead pixel off their own back.

I'm not going to keep explaining myself though as it's not going to achieve anything. If I've really over stepped the mark then I'm sure a moderator will deal with me appropriately.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
can you kill the battery and test some charging methods? See how long various methods take? You have a few weeks. Would be useful info especially is you have a power bank and such around somewhere.

Top Bottom