• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to sell Component cables online AND in select retailers in the US.

Chrono

Banned
w00t! I got charged for the cables today, just checked my order status and they're prepping the order and a tracking number is up. still haven't gotten an e-mail though but who cares it's coming. I still don't even have a Wii yet but when I do soon I won't have to worry about these cables. HURRAY!!!

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Be grateful if you got your cables shipped before today (Tuesday). Apparently, the weather is playing hell on high wheels with UPS and their shipping, hence the "prepared" tag going on for forever-rer.

Miyahon

EMBee99 said:
Be grateful if you got your cables shipped before today (Tuesday). Apparently, the weather is playing hell on high wheels with UPS and their shipping, hence the "prepared" tag going on for forever-rer.

Yeah this happened to me. Mine shipped on Monday and was supposed to be delivered today. Now its rescheduled for tomorrow...

JayDubya

Banned
Anyone with the cables, how do things like Windwaker or RE4 look?

I'll be honest, Zelda in 480p is exciting, but so is Rogue Leader, RE4, Fire Emblem, Windwaker, Sunshine, Metroid Prime (oh god Metroid Prime). Now that I'm finally about to own a 480p TV you simply can't get a Gamecube composite cable without paying absurdist E-bay prices.

I guess it's sort of a question about the Gamecube BC / emulation / whatever as well. I'm almost as excited about finally being able to play MP or RE4 or 2-player Rogue Leader in 480p as I am about LoZ:TP. :lol

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
JayDubya said:
Anyone with the cables, how do things like Windwaker or RE4 look?

I'll be honest, Zelda in 480p is exciting, but so is Rogue Leader, RE4, Fire Emblem, Windwaker, Sunshine, Metroid Prime (oh god Metroid Prime). Now that I'm finally about to own a 480p TV you simply can't get a Gamecube composite cable without paying absurdist E-bay prices.

I guess it's sort of a question about the Gamecube BC / emulation / whatever as well. I'm almost as excited about finally being able to play MP or RE4 or 2-player Rogue Leader in 480p as I am about LoZ:TP. :lol

I agree with all your words. I'm looking forward to replaying almost everything I bought for the 'cube...ESPECIALLY Metroid Prime.

/friggin' weather

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em

I guess I'll throw myself on the waiting list now because everywhere else is saying Feb to me :/

CO_Andy

Got my cable yesterday, and on the exact UPS delivery date!

It's rather tempting to sell the cable now on eBay fer a king's ransom.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
:(

I refuse to play Zelda without these cables. But I am having trouble resisting with my roommate so much farther than me already...

Pellham

Banned
I ordered mine on the 23rd, still no email from Nintendo or no sign of shipment from the UPS tracking number. Hopefully my cable will make the next batch. :(

JayDubya

Banned
Random thought.

Crystal Chronicles supports progressive scan. That's good, but...

Does the Wii support multiplayer GBA + link cable, the arguably weirdest and most racketeering input mode ever? Because if it doesn't, the best part of that game is ruined on Wii.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
eXxy said:
:(

I refuse to play Zelda without these cables. But I am having trouble resisting with my roommate so much farther than me already...

I have an HD set with the stadard composite cables and in all honesty it doesn't look THAT bad. The cut scenes look great and the game looks fine... It just doesn't look optimal of course. Its definitely playable.

MutFox

Banned
Firestorm said:
So GCN games on Wii can go 480p with Wii component cables, right?

Ok so they work, another question,
Do you have to do anything to enable 480p in Gamecube games, or is it automatic?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Woot! Just got my component cables today. UPS Red in Brooklyn NY

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
yes you have to enable 480p on GCN games. the same way as always, hold B as the game starts.

and yes, Wii works just fine with the GCN<->GBA cable for connectivity games. The only two compatibility issues that I know of at all are the network/modem adapters and the GBP.

Pellham

Banned
JayDubya said:
Random thought.

Crystal Chronicles supports progressive scan. That's good, but...

Does the Wii support multiplayer GBA + link cable, the arguably weirdest and most racketeering input mode ever? Because if it doesn't, the best part of that game is ruined on Wii.

I don't see why it wouldn't. The GBA link cable plugs into a GC controller port does it not?

JayDubya

Banned
borghe said:
yes you have to enable 480p on GCN games. the same way as always, hold B as the game starts.

and yes, Wii works just fine with the GCN<->GBA cable for connectivity games. The only two compatibility issues that I know of at all are the network/modem adapters and the GBP.

Huzzah!

Suddenly Twilight Princess doesn't look so lonely, when I can play Smash Brothers and Crystal Chronicles and Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 and almost everything else in 480p, and widescreen. I've got a ton of 480p Gamecube games, but only 2 480p PS2 games (basically I own MGS 2 & 3, Square-Enix RPGs, and very little else)

Especially, Rogue Squadron 2 co-op 2 player. That's one thing I'm possibly most excited about. You can't ****ing see the tie fighters on my 19 inch standard tv. =(

And holy shit that some X-Box games are 720p. If only Halo 2 were.

hiryu

Huzzah!

Suddenly Twilight Princess doesn't look so lonely, when I can play Smash Brothers and Crystal Chronicles and Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 and almost everything else in 480p, and widescreen. I've got a ton of 480p Gamecube games, but only 2 480p PS2 games (basically I own MGS 2 & 3, Square-Enix RPGs, and very little else)

Especially, Rogue Squadron 2 co-op 2 player. That's one thing I'm possibly most excited about. You can't ****ing see the tie fighters on my 19 inch standard tv. =(

And holy shit that some X-Box games are 720p. If only Halo 2 were.

Gamecube and Wii 480p games look great on HD sets. Even HD LCD sets. I'm not sure why but Gamecube and Wii 480p games look way better than PS2 and Xbox 480p games on HD LCDs. Nintendo games look great in 480p, especially Windwaker and Fzero.

womp

Synbios459 said:
Man, it looks like I have little choice but to pay the insane eBay prices:(

Preorder them at Playasia.com $29.90, they release Dec 2nd from Japan. Thats where I am getting mine. US cables hard to come by? Pfft...I'll just grab some from the Japanese. :lol

amrum

a Wii, a component cable, some PAL Gamecube games & a freeloader

Can someone mix these ingredients & tell us if the games are upscaled to 480p ?

It would be awesome for us PAL gamers :)

amrum said:
Can someone mix these ingredients & tell us if the games are upscaled to 480p ?
If the game didn't support progressive to begin with, it won't now. When playing GCN games, Wii might as well be a vertically-challenged GameCube.

Dhx

Ordered on the 21st and still preparing. Hopefully, they'll get to mine today if they got to your 19th order by 10 AM. Hopefully.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ordered the 20th,still preparing with a UPS tracking number.

SHIP TODAY I DEMAND U NINTENDO!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ordered on the 21st, standard UPS. I have a tracking number, but my order is still being prepared. Does Nintendo have narcoleptics and 94-year-old arthritic patients as their stock workers?

Pellham

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Ordered on the 21st, standard UPS. I have a tracking number, but my order is still being prepared. Does Nintendo have narcoleptics and 94-year-old arthritic patients as their stock workers?

yes

hyp

DenogginizerOS said:

similar deal with me. mine's still on the "preparing order" block (with tracking # that doesn't work) and i'm beginning to lose my patience.

JayDubya

Banned
Ordered yesterday, because I decided to get a Wii asap for 480p.

Gonna take a while, but that's okay, because it's gonna take a while to find a Wii in-stock at Toys-R-Us.

Pellham

Banned
JayDubya said:
Ordered yesterday, because I decided to get a Wii asap for 480p.

Gonna take a while, but that's okay, because it's gonna take a while to find a Wii in-stock at Toys-R-Us.

at least you're planning ahead!

damn i still kick myself for not preordering everything I needed.

Dhx

Just saw this on the IGN forum. I hope it's just the result of a clueless CSR.

I'm totally screwed! Even though I placed my order before the cutoff date, I may not get mine till after the 18 of Dec.

I argued like crazy and said that I placed my order on the 21st, and there are plenty of ppl who placed their orders on that date that had theirs shipped. She told me that if my order is not in shipping yet, I'll be waiting until the next batch.

**** this.

JayDubya

Banned
Pellham said:
at least you're planning ahead!

damn i still kick myself for not preordering everything I needed.

Yeah, the only money I have to use for a Wii or X-360 entertainment is Amex points and Best Buy reward zone certificates, so I have to use Toys-R-Us to buy my Wii.

I had hoped to casually just walk in and get one on day one like I did with the Gamecube. :lol

Does TRU even do reserves or preorders for Wii, or do I just need to be stupid lucky / patient until they ship enough where I *can* walk in casually and get one?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DarkhawkX said:
Just saw this on the IGN forum. I hope it's just the result of a clueless CSR.

I figure if you have a UPS tracking but it's preparing it should be shipping soon ...right? :|

wtf :\

Top Bottom