• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to sell Component cables online AND in select retailers in the US.

gkryhewy

Jcgamer60 said:
Is NPN Direct a reputable site?

It might be, but they don't have those cables. They've had them listed as 'available withing 5-7 days' for a couple of months now, despite the fact that they aren't being released until February (according to cduniverse and overstock.com).

Seth C

DemDereNads said:
Will Component cables make a noticable difference on a regular non HD-ED TV?

My TV takes component cables... Figure it won't hurt anything to buy them, as I'll be getting an HDTV sometime anyway.

Compared to composite? A huge difference. Composite is complete ass.

gkryhewy

Play-Asia has the official japanese component cables for the same price as NOA, stated to be shipping on or around the Japanese launch (12/2). Should work fine with a US system, right?

gkrykewy said:
Play-Asia has the official japanese component cables for the same price as NOA, stated to be shipping on or around the Japanese launch (12/2). Should work fine with a US system, right?
They should be the same.

Pachinko

Someone who needs an RF switch ? well in that case they'd be in luck becuaes for a few buck you can buy a composite to RF switch at radioshack. Unfortunatly there isn't such a thing as a composite seperater.

Keldor

Just a heads up to everyone. I ordered my component cables from Nintendo on 11/15, and just recieved an email notifying me that it has shipped. They shipped UPS Red. So check your emails. If you ordered yours early enough they may have shipped also.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Mine went to the same thing with a tracking number that doesn't work yet. Probably get it by this Friday! yay!

Miyahon

Mine says shipped but UPS tracking just says billing information received... :D I've got UPS RED so it should arrive tomorrow or the next day.

Checked mine, says Preparing Order as well.

If everything goes smoothly I should have this baby by the 29th. Then i can finally stop limited myself and play Zelda more than an hour-ish a day. :D

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Space A Cobra said:
Checked mine, says Preparing Order as well.

If everything goes smoothly I should have this baby by the 29th. Then i can finally stop limited myself and play Zelda more than an hour-ish a day. :D

Limiting yourself on Zelda for component? Not much of a difference. Go play Zelda now!

any idea when Best Buy (or anyone) will get more of those $24.99 React component cables ?

the 2 closest Best Buy stores, Gurnee, IL. and Vernon Hills, IL., both said they had them on the 19th but sold out that day.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Bah, I ordered mine at nintendo's online store on the 21st, and it still says it's backordered. Lame.

ballhog

I also ordered on the 21st but mine now says "preparing order", I hope this preparing can be done quickly. I want to get back to Zelda.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Anybody move out of the "preparing order" phase? I have a tracking number, which means it's in a box somewhere, obviously. Get on it, Nintendo! I gots me a Zelda game that needs crisper graphics!

/Wii Sports still hasn't left my system.
//It would if I had some frickin' component cables!!!
///ARRRGH!

aparisi2274

I got the preparing order as well, with the tracking number... I did UPS red, so if it ships today, I will have tomorrow.

Thank god.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mine says preparing order and I have a UPS tracking number too.

I placed an order for a component cable on the 19th along with the classic controller, I called on the 24th since I found the classic controller and wanted it removed, the customer service rep cancelled my entire order without letting me know, and told me I had to re-order the component cable. At that time the rep said all component cables weren't going to ship until Dec. 18, so I thought it was ok.

Now I see all orders placed before 11/22 will get Nintendo's cable shipment going out today. Idiot rep screwed me over by canceling my 11/19 order and having to reorder again. I'm on the phone with Nintendo right now trying to get some sort of resolve, and so far all I can get is upgraded shipping for my current delayed order =(

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Status changed to shipped now from last nights "preparing order". Tracking number still doesn't work, but that should change by mid-day. YAY!

I ordered 11/19, I got a tracking number yesterday, but even right now, the UPS site pulls up no tracking info for the number provided (the tracking # wasn't emailed to me, I just found it on the order status part of my nintendo.

Miyahon

evilchicken said:
I ordered 11/19, I got a tracking number yesterday, but even right now, the UPS site pulls up no tracking info for the number provided (the tracking # wasn't emailed to me, I just found it on the order status part of my nintendo.

I ordered on the 15th and Nintendo says it shipped yesterday but UPS says it has only received the billing information. I don't know if it will arrive today since I have UPS red shipping. Hopefully it does since I'm picking up my Wii at Toys R Us later today... :lol

Best Buy at Golf Mill mall in Niles, IL. (847 827-7110 ) said they would have Wii component cables the first week of December. Didn't say which brand, but makes me a little hopeful i won't be waiting weeks.

Vard

I ordered on the 24th and it's in the "Preparing Order" stage. They've already given a tracking number too, though it doesn't work yet.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Mine now says "preparing order!'

... what's that mean?
That's gotta be good.

How long before "preparing order" becomes "shipped" becomes "FINALLY have it" ?

I did standard shipping.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
John Harker said:
Mine now says "preparing order!'

... what's that mean?
That's gotta be good.

How long before "preparing order" becomes "shipped" becomes "FINALLY have it" ?

I did standard shipping.
It means they have put it in a box, assigned it a tracking number, and they are waiting for Dale Jarrett to show up in the Big Brown Truck to whisk it away to your house before you can say, "Git R' Done!".

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Larry Bird said:
I got the shipping confirmation email today. I ordered them on 11/16.
Same here. Ordered on the 16th, and it shipped out today.

They're apparently backordered on the Classic Controller that I ordered, but luckily, I found those at the local Target last night.

bachikarn

Sooooo....

When are these going to be at actual retailers. Would it be worth holding out for the retailer release or just getting them off the website even though they won't ship till Dec 18th?

KarishBHR

bachikarn said:
Sooooo....

When are these going to be at actual retailers. Would it be worth holding out for the retailer release or just getting them off the website even though they won't ship till Dec 18th?

I would say wait till stores, since we hear early december about stores I must assume that means before the 15th

Firestorm

Pellham said:
**** cant believe classic controllers were in stock yesterday :( otherwise i would have camped out somewhere

Classic Controllers and Wii Points cards are relatively easy to find where I live. And by relatively easy I mean relative to nunchuks and WiiMotes. I've found 0 Nunchuks... ever. I was 14th in line for a Wii at EB and they were sold out by the 10th guy in line. Maybe earlier. I got the last WiiMote. I haven't seen either accessory in stock since.

There were a couple of Classic Controllers and Wii Points cards in two stores I checked... Not really looking for them though. Just need a nunchuk =(

Anyway, Yes-Asia is out of stock for pre-orders for the component cables. Only Play-Asia left for those who want it soon I think.

Firestorm said:
Classic Controllers and Wii Points cards are relatively easy to find where I live. And by relatively easy I mean relative to nunchuks and WiiMotes. I've found 0 Nunchuks... ever. I was 14th in line for a Wii at EB and they were sold out by the 10th guy in line. Maybe earlier. I got the last WiiMote. I haven't seen either accessory in stock since.

There were a couple of Classic Controllers and Wii Points cards in two stores I checked... Not really looking for them though. Just need a nunchuk =(

Anyway, Yes-Asia is out of stock for pre-orders for the component cables. Only Play-Asia left for those who want it soon I think.

Yeah, they are still taking preorders. So since its the same price as ordering them off of Nintendo, I just decided to make an account and order the jPan ones from them. Total was $34.98
__Andrea__ said:

me three I guess :)

hyp

so how are you new component cable owners liking the visual difference?? im hoping mine come in tomorrow.... i've been holding off on zelda (a little over the 10hr. mark) until i get these.

Top Bottom