• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Unveils Fatal Frame 2 Remake (Wii)

Diebuster

The screens look a little too clean unless the Wii is more powerful than I thought.

Now if only they'll release it in the West. I don't want to have to wait for a translation patch.

Looks like the girls have gotten their look updated a bit.
Well whatever the game is still a class act unless Tecmo does something stupid.

Instro

Come on NoA, dont be dicks. Wasnt the big issue with FF4 that Tecmo didnt want to fix the controls so Nintendo didnt want to localize it or something?

Amir0x said:
Can't get excited since Fatal Frame 4 :(
Go to a doctor, that's serious (Also merits its own thread in the OT).

Seriously though, I want to play this so badly. Also FFIV, but I recently upgraded my Wii's FW. ):

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mockingbird said:
For now, there's no word on whether this title will leave Japan or not.

:lol I'll give you a clue...

It won't.

Instro said:
Come on NoA, dont be dicks. Wasnt the big issue with FF4 that Tecmo didnt want to fix the controls so Nintendo didnt want to localize it or something?
Game-breaking glitch. Namco didn't want to fix it for localization, Nintendo wouldn't release it with known glitches.

Instro said:
Glitches.

Tecmo wanted more money to fix them, Nintendo didn't want to pay more for what they thought should have been a complete product, Tecmo's all fuck you these things happen you're the worst publishing partner.

I guess they worked things out?

Edit: It'd actually probably amaze you guys how close Fatal Frame 4 came to being on store shelves.

I think they were all set for a near-Halloween release in Europe, including taking out ads that they either never sent off or quickly pulled when it became obvious that the situation with Tecmo wasn't going to end nicely.

canocha said:
PS2:
fatalframe2_082503_17_640w.jpg

Wii:
img_9-7.jpg
So they made their clothes more revealing? Ummmmm... not what I expected from Nintendo.

teiresias

canocha said:
PS2:
fatalframe2_082503_17_640w.jpg

Wii:
img_9-7.jpg

Looks better.

Of course it looks better, it's bullshotted all to hell. Probably rendered at some insane resolution and downsampled. You'll never the see the game come out of a Wii looking like that, you'll have to load up Dolphin for that privilege.

Sadist

You'd almost wish Nintendo would publish this remake in the west as doublepack containing IV as well.

Oh well, dreams that will never be.

canocha

teiresias said:
Of course it looks better, it's bullshotted all to hell. Probably rendered at some insane resolution and downsampled. You'll never the see the game come out of a Wii looking like that, you'll have to load up Dolphin for that privilege.

Yeah i know that, but the new models do look better! (btw i play on a small tv.. it always look "bullshotted" to me! :lol )

Metal Gear?! said:
So they made their clothes more revealing? Ummmmm... not what I expected from Nintendo.

I'm wondering why you're not more surprised by a site like GAF existing in the early 90s...since that seem what year you think it is...

Fatal Frame games were great but I HATED that high pitched ringing noise which would happen when ghosts would appear.

It would be so loud and high pitched my reaction was allways "AHHHHHHHHH my ears!!" and would have to hit the mute button, kinda took me out of the experience........

oracrest

Kick ass.

I haven't beaten the first game, but what I have played was some of the scariest game I have ever played. Can't wait for this one.:D

Vorg

Banned
Oh man this is one of the scariest games ever made. No weapons, just a camera to fight fucking ghosts with. Great game.

legend166

Didn't the relationship on Fatal Frame IV end badly with Tecmo basically refusing to fix game breaking bugs without getting paid extra?

I could have sworn I read that somewhere, but I may be making it up.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
legend166 said:
Didn't the relationship on Fatal Frame IV end badly with Tecmo basically refusing to fix game breaking bugs without getting paid extra?

I just remember Reggie stating that if "the publisher" wanted to bring the title over, they were totally free to, even the NOA held the North American rights... or something.

More importantly Wii update 4.3 borked the fan-made translation patch I was going to use now that I paid Playasia a bunch to import it. I just wanted to run that patcher, not get all involved in using Lego Indiana Jones to let me install Homebrew blah blah blah.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
legend166 said:

No, you recall correctly, but Techmo seems to have been working to patch things up between the two of them. For example: Other M and their 3DS lineup.

Metal Gear?! said:
So they made their clothes more revealing? Ummmmm... Exactly what I expected from Tecmo.
Fixed.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
nincompoop said:
LOL @ people blaming Nintendo for not localizing FF4. The game was a buggy, unfinished mess when it was released, and Tecmo refused to polish it up to meet Nintendo's quality control standards outside of Japan. ...

And a veritable ton of Nintendo-approved shovelware says hi... such stringent quality control standards! :lol

Stumpokapow said:
No. The patch takes care of everything for you. The only requirement is that you're not at version 4.3.

Sort of a hefty requirement once the update is applied. After the fact, the answer is yes, you do need to get crazy with Homebrew to run it with the patch.

Shiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
Glitches.

Tecmo wanted more money to fix them, Nintendo didn't want to pay more for what they thought should have been a complete product, Tecmo's all fuck you these things happen you're the worst publishing partner.

I guess they worked things out?

Edit: It'd actually probably amaze you guys how close Fatal Frame 4 came to being on store shelves.

I think they were all set for a near-Halloween release in Europe, including taking out ads that they either never sent off or quickly pulled when it became obvious that the situation with Tecmo wasn't going to end nicely.

If I remember correctly, there even was an advert in a French magazine and retailers had also been notified about the title.

Imbarkus said:
And a veritable ton of Nintendo-approved shovelware says hi... such stringent quality control standards! :lol
Their quality control standards refer to the game's ability to actually work and not crash all the time, which FF4 failed miserably.

Amir0x

Banned
FunkyPajamas said:
Go to a doctor, that's serious (Also merits its own thread in the OT).

ho hee ho!

I don't speak moon language and I don't do imports and I don't do mods, so since Nintendo fucked us on Fatal Frame 4 (as they love to fuck fans all the time), I doubt this will come over too, so it's hard to get excited.

Yay, another game not coming to North America. :\
It's not like I would play it if it did. My heart can't take the Fatal Frame series. :x

Aru

Project Zero 1 was an amazing game and I never got to play the sequels.
I'd be glad if Nintendo would bring this game in Europe.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Amir0x said:
I don't speak moon language and I don't do imports and I don't do mods, so since Nintendo fucked us on Fatal Frame 4 (as they love to fuck fans all the time), I doubt this will come over too, so it's hard to get excited.

And yet you played Mother 3 no problem.

extralite

This was never confirmed to be a remake of Crimson Butterfly, just rumored because the girls in the screen shots look so much like the ones from FF2. I'm still hoping this will be a new game since it does say new work and doesn't have a title yet.

Top Bottom