• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Unveils Fatal Frame 2 Remake (Wii)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
extralite said:
This was never confirmed to be a remake of Crimson Butterfly, just rumored because the girls in the screen shots look so much like the ones from FF2. I'm still hoping this will be a new game since it does say new work and doesn't have a title yet.
Fucking shit, really?

atre324

me too, fucking necro bumps :(

In related news I am hoping for some sort of Fatal Frame news from this years TGS, although I'm not holding my breath

extralite said:
This was never confirmed to be a remake of Crimson Butterfly, just rumored because the girls in the screen shots look so much like the ones from FF2. I'm still hoping this will be a new game since it does say new work and doesn't have a title yet.
If you're going to be a junior, might as well lean into it, eh?

Beth Cyra

I'm having a hard time believing this game is even coming anymore, maybe to Wii U or something. So when I saw this bumbed I thought maybe we finally had some confirmation damn it.

Cygnus X-1

atre324 said:
me too, fucking necro bumps :(

In related news I am hoping for some sort of Fatal Frame news from this years TGS, although I'm not holding my breath

I went even crazier and I thought at a possible EU release date. Of wait, we even haven't gotten FF4.

Anth0ny

Dascu said:
Here's hoping for a localization.

black_men_lol_gif.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
People who accuse Juniors of exhibiting a certain pattern of behavior that is different from non-juniors should have to provide evidence or be demoted to junior status.

Zomba13

hey_it's_that_dog said:
People who accuse Juniors of exhibiting a certain pattern of behavior that is different from non-juniors should have to provide evidence or be demoted to junior status.
Good thing this has been bumped for future reference then :)

MYE

extralite said:

o_______________________________________________________________o

TheNatural

My Member!
Jaded Alyx said:
Why is it always Juniors? I just don't get it.

I do not.

No.

Most forums don't care about bumps to be honest, if someone wants to comment on a certain topic they just bump it with a comment and its encouraged. And there's no decent search feature here, so they search for something and may not know what they're bumping. Cut em some slack.

I thought this was a 'new' game too when I saw it at the top and was thinking 'WTF Nintendo, a new Wii game?'

bumpkin

wsippel said:
Yeah, it's kinda weird. Two Fatal Frames, Other M, and that mode in Samurai Warriors. And KoeiTecmo announced four 3DS games day one, one each from all their biggest franchises.
One of which is fucking awesome; Dead or Alive: Dimensions! :D

I'm with the others who said they hope Nintendo localizes this Fatal Frame. I've never actually played any of the previous entries, but I've found myself being drawn to "horror" games lately.

disap.ed

teiresias said:
Of course it looks better, it's bullshotted all to hell. Probably rendered at some insane resolution and downsampled. You'll never the see the game come out of a Wii looking like that, you'll have to load up Dolphin for that privilege.

Fair enough :)

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm pretty sure this is no longer in production or has been moved up.

I guess we'll find out soon.

Was it not still listed in the financial documents they released a wee while back?

extralite said:
Gerl bye.

RedSwirl

canocha said:
PS2:
fatalframe2_082503_17_640w.jpg

Wii:
img_9-7.jpg

Looks better.

I've never played the PS2/XBOX game.. but its looks a lot like the movie "A Tale of Two Sisters"

site_28_rand_1923418580_two_sisters_627.gif

I came in here wondering why the hell they would do a "remake" on basically the same generation of hardware, but that screenshot comparison actually looks pretty impressive. Even if it's bullshot, the character models look noticeably better.

Still, if this is indeed a remake, why not just put out an HD trilogy (or quadrilogy)? The first three games have gotten fairly rare in the US.

RagnarokX

RedSwirl said:
I came in here wondering why the hell they would do a "remake" on basically the same generation of hardware, but that screenshot comparison actually looks pretty impressive. Even if it's bullshot, the character models look noticeably better.

Still, if this is indeed a remake, why not just put out an HD trilogy (or quadrilogy)? The first three games have gotten fairly rare in the US.
It's not like Wii has some kind of controller that improves the gameplay of Fatal Frame. Metroid Prime Trilogy was a dumb idea too.

They probably bumped this up to WiiU since the tablet controller is even more perfect for Fatal Frame; Using the tablet as the camera obscura was one of the first things a lot of people thought of when WiiU was unveiled.

The game never gave me as much shock as this bump this. HHHNNNNNGGGG!

It's not like Wii has some kind of controller that improves the gameplay of Fatal Frame. Metroid Prime Trilogy was a dumb idea too.
either your evaluation of idea is dumb or my sarcasm detection is dumb.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Some juniors really aren't helping their image huh? That post doesn't even make sense, like if he didn't know it was an old thread.

scitek

RagnarokX said:

They probably bumped this up to WiiU since the tablet controller is even more perfect for Fatal Frame; Using the tablet as the camera obscura was one of the first things a lot of people thought of when WiiU was unveiled.

Hahahahaha

atre324

RagnarokX said:

Actually, I felt like the Wii-mote really worked well for Fatal Frame 4, especially when exploring environments with your flashlight. I don't think it's as big of a control difference between the ps2 and wii versions of Resident Evil 4, but I guess I'd rather play FF2 with FF4's control scheme than with a regular controller.

Fantastical said:
Let's hope they moved this to Wii U. Not that NA will get it anyways, but still.
NOA's great early on, they just have no clue how to wind down a console. GC was like a weird fluke, but NES, SNES, N64 and now Wii have all be handled terribly in their twilight years.

Instro

If its not canned I would want it moved to the Wii U, but it probably won't be. More than likely they will send it out to die next year.

Cipherr

teiresias said:
Of course it looks better, it's bullshotted all to hell. Probably rendered at some insane resolution and downsampled. You'll never the see the game come out of a Wii looking like that, you'll have to load up Dolphin for that privilege.

Surprised it took someone so long to say this. Yeah that has to be bullshots. The aliasing is anyway, at the very least.

Top Bottom